Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been interested in lucid dreaming for sometime now.And want to know what God thinks of it.I have looked in the bible.And it looks to me like the book of Jeremiah 29:8-9.Says it's bad.:( Sorry if I have posted something like this before.:(

Well in context, this is who that was spoken to:

29 Now these are the words of the letter that Jeremiah the prophet sent from Jerusalem unto the residue of the elders of the captivity, and to the priests, and to the prophets, and to all the people, whom Nebuchadnezzar had carried away captive from Jerusalem to Babylon

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dreams can come from the enemy. But Daniel, who was under Nebuchadnezzar, he was a vivid dreamer/visionary, for end times prophecy, for example. God told his people when He would perform His good Word, towards them, in this passage, so they would have real hope instead of false hope.

Jeremiah 28:10 For thus saith Jehovah, After seventy years are accomplished for Babylon, I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place.

Upvote 0

Gold fish

Jul 13, 2018
Kansas City
✟69,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been interested in lucid dreaming for sometime now.And want to know what God thinks of it.I have looked in the bible.And it looks to me like the book of Jeremiah 29:8-9.Says it's bad.:( Sorry if I have posted something like this before.:(

Is it true people use divination in lucid dreams?Or have spontaneous out of body experiences from lucid dreaming?This bothers me bad!:eek:

I heard all this stuff when I was into astral projection.And before I kicked the habit of astral projection.And came to jesus.I remember not really be into lucid dreaming.But really into astral projection.So should I worry?:( Sorry if I have posted some of this stuff before.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If in doubt, ditch it. Why bother with something so dubious?

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nevermind. Your background use in astral projection probably is a reason why you shouldn't bother practicing lucid dreaming. I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water, however. Perhaps there will be a time in the future after you've matured more in the Word and walked with God a while that He might allow you to revisit lucid dreaming. Pray about it.

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the Lord does not give a dream, what good is it?
If He does give a dream it will be in His time and to who He chooses for His purpose.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What do you mean?
You want more vivid dreams about what ever your imagination cooks up!

Why do you want that?

If you are seeking guidance, go ask people who are wiser than you what they think you should do.

If you want to know more about God, get involved in one to one evangelism. There is nothing like getting your [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] kicked by an atheist to drive one in prayer and Bible study to know more of God in one's life.
There is an old hymn
I asked the Lord that I might grow

Look it up and read it. It shows how God honours those who want to really know him,by making them totally dependant on him.
Read the hymn, if you dare and pray.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it true people use divination in lucid dreams?Or have spontaneous out of body experiences from lucid dreaming?This bothers me bad!:eek:

I heard all this stuff when I was into astral projection.And before I kicked the habit of astral projection.And came to jesus.I remember not really be into lucid dreaming.But really into astral projection.So should I worry?:( Sorry if I have posted some of this stuff before.

I would advise against lucid dreaming, because you are controlling outcomes. When dreams are from God, He controls the narrative and everything that happens in a dream, because He is trying to communicate a specific message. With lucid dreaming, it actually comes closer to the astral projection you once practiced (in a way).

God bless, and congratulations on giving your life to Jesus. God can and will speak to you through dreams, especially if you ask Him to. But close the door to anything resembling control over spirit body. That's not something we practice in Christinianty, or that God can somehow "use."
- H

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I thought lucid dreaming meant having detailed dreams. That isn't what it means? Ill have to google that. Im sorry. :D
I

Why would it mean having detailed dreams??? We can't control how we dream and dreams aren't sinful!

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most dreams I find I have are to do with eating spicy food or cheese in the evenings! am serious, a pizza with jalapenos in the evenings will usually mean I dream very vividly and the dreams are actually as clear and narrative as.if am reading novel or watching a film...they are always bizarre yet they "make sense" as well!!!

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I

Why would it mean having detailed dreams??? We can't control how we dream and dreams aren't sinful!

It is a question. I have detailed dreams all the time that I believe have meaning. HiddeninHim actually interprets. That is why I ask if she is meaning guided dreaming or something. Because he likened it to astral projection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is a question. I have detailed dreams all thr time that I believe have meaning. HiddeninHim actually interprets. That is why I ask if she is meaning guided dreaming or something. Because he likened it to astral projection.

You may have a prophetic gifting. I know someone who gets prophetic dreams. It does happen

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You may have a prophetic gifting. I know someone who gets prophetic dreams. It does happen

It does seem that way. Most are private right now with anonymous threads with the message. I was raised a Baptist, so it is a pretty new world to me still, even having been at it a few years now...

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I thought lucid dreaming meant having detailed dreams. That isn't what it means? Ill have to google that. Im sorry. :D

Yeah, I used to think it meant that as well, but it means dreams where you can make conscious decisions within the dream to effect outcomes. In other words, you control the content of the dream rather than any outside source doing so.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I used to think it meant that as well, but it means dreams where you can make conscious decisions within the dream to effect outcomes. In other words, you control the content of the dream rather than any outside source doing so.

how is that even possible?

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how is that even possible?

I believe it's something akin to what the OP was talking about with astral projection. You train yourself to exist in a dream state while still remaining conscious. I've never done it and don't want to, but I know it is a type of skill that can be learned. But I don't trust it spiritually.

Upvote 0