• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Question about exercise

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Emsmom1, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Emsmom1

Emsmom1 Member

+195
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    I recently bought a Peleton bike. I am out of shape so I've been splitting my workouts into two sessions-one 15 min in the am and one 15 min workout in the late afternoon. Is this okay, or will I get better results by doing one 30 min workout? Thanks.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. maintenance man

maintenance man Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,567
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you just want to burn calories and stimulate your muscles, two fifteen minute sessions will work fine. If you want to develop your cardiovascular strength (your heart and lungs) you will need to spend more time per session.

3. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. 7x13=28 Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+3,283
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    I think how you're doing it is just fine. The number of calories burned will be the same, so as long as the 15-minute sessions are enough to get your heart rate up and start making you tired by the end, that's all that matters. :)

4. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+4,162
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    No 15 minutes is perfect . You’re not stressing out your body and you’re building muscle tolerance. I started dancing ballet again last fall and I only do 15 because I was so out of shape( and I do it while waiting for the bus) . I still only do 15-20 minutes but I’ve lost 45 lbs. that said I do ballet dance to disco and at my age ,65 , that’s pushing it

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+4,916
    Atheist
    Single
    A real workout actually gets the body running at a higher level for several hours afterwards. So for weight loss 2 workouts per day is better.

That said 15 minutes is barely long enough for a warmup and for actually pushing your body a warmup is needed or sooner or later something will pop any you will be limping and off the bike for a week or more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Emsmom1

Emsmom1 Member

+195
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Thanks, guys. I am trying to lose weight and improve my cardiovascular health (heart disease runs in my family). I am working toward increasing my time on the bike but it's a pretty intense workout. I don't think I could do more than 20 min at a time right now.

7. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,682
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Maybe you should focus on endurance in the early stages to build your strength and longevity. Cycling is great for weight loss but the key is time.

~Bella

8. ChristianGirl_96

ChristianGirl_96 Well-Known Member Angels Team Supporter

+1,237
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    In Relationship
    If you need advice, I recommend talking to a fitness advisor. Cycling is a good way of losing weight.