Queer eye for the straight guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
✟303.00
revolutio said:
Though I harbour extreme dislike for people who flaunt their sexuality ...

I totally agree with this part of your statement. Whether a person is homosexual or hetrosexual, flaunting one's sexuality should not be acceptable. This is why our children are getting sexualized younger and younger...

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Lola said:
And what do you call the websites that support your view? The truth? According to whom?

Scientists who have far more credibility than religious fanatics who spread irrational paranoia saying that homosexuals are causing the decline of soceity.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Mechanical Bliss said:
Scientists who have far more credibility than religious fanatics who spread irrational paranoia saying that homosexuals are causing the decline of soceity.

Ok. I'll bite. What is it these scientists have to say?

Upvote 0

Lola

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
✟303.00
Mechanical Bliss said:

Scientists still have no answers. They have "ideas" and thesis', but no one has any cold, hard facts to present.

So IMO, the scientists have just as much of a shot at being right as the "religious fanatics who spread irrational paranoia".

And just so we're clear, do you consider all Christians/religious people who disagree with homosexuality "religious fanatics who spread irrational paranoia"?

Upvote 0

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mechanical Bliss said:

Uh, how are scientists going to help determine what is moraly right or wrong exactly?

:confused:

Upvote 0

revolutio

Apatheist Extraordinaire
Aug 3, 2003
R'lyeh
Visit site
✟6,762.00
Faith
Atheist
Lola said:
Scientists still have no answers. They have "ideas" and thesis', but no one has any cold, hard facts to present.
Well suppose you look up at the moon at night and see a curved part of it covered in darkness, it is no great leap to assume that that is a shadow since you know the sun is on the other side.

If you don't consider that a fact then I understand how you say scientists dont have "any cold, hard facts to present." I am not mocking you since I can understand how everything even your senses are to be doubted.

But just because something is more difficult to grasp and requires more steps to arrive at makes it no less of a fact than grass being green.

Upvote 0

Dayton

Aug 4, 2003
✟623.00
Lola said:
I totally agree with this part of your statement. Whether a person is homosexual or hetrosexual, flaunting one's sexuality should not be acceptable. This is why our children are getting sexualized younger and younger...

I totally agree with you, Lola. Sex and sexuality should be kept behind closed doors and out of the public eye. Children should not even know what sex is.

Upvote 0
Ryder said:
Uh, how are scientists going to help determine what is moraly right or wrong exactly?

:confused:
How are 1500+ year-old books written by humans going to do that, then?

Scientists do not claim to determine morality. They test things and disprove things, not tell people what to do in order to avoid 'hell' or 'judgement.'

Upvote 0

Ryder

Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The realm of science isn't going to tell us anything conclusive about morals. In fact, all it can tell us is that it is unsure as to wether gay is genetic or not, gay people don't reproduce, and your chances of getting sick go up. It doesn't tell us whether or not we should shun gays or air big gay tv shows... In an argument like this, what's the point of big fancy research Docs? That's all I meant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Given that every single medical and behavioral science institution in the country agrees that homosexuality is unchosen and unchangeable, and given that homosexuality in no way harms anyone or violates anyone else's rights, claims by homophobes have no rational basis.

Of course it really doesn't matter whether a homosexual orientation is chosen or not because it does not cause harm or infringe on others' rights and that's all that really matters.

Upvote 0
dayton said:
I totally agree with you, Lola. Sex should be kept behind closed doors and out of the public eye. Children should not even know what sex is.
How would children/teens/young-adults/adults learn what sex is then?

By having unprotected sex and getting pregnant, that's how.

Knowledge is power, and information should not be kept from people.

Give people knowledge and let them decide how they will use it.

Bottom line is: If you do not like this or any show, do not watch it. Use a TV guide if you really need to.

The fact is roughly 1-5% of humans are homosexual, with even more on top of that being bisexual. As with other animals, homosexuality is determined by genes, and is entirely normal. It's really none of your business what other people do behind closed doors.

Upvote 0
Lola said:
Where is this supposed "gay" gene? Where is the proof? The only thing I keep hearing from the gay side is that "animals do it, so it's natural".

I still believe that one chooses to be homosexual. Until you can prove me wrong with scientific fact, I will not entertain any thesis'.
Have you ever asked a homosexual person why they are attracted to the same-sex and not the other-sex? They will tell you, time and time again, that it is not a choice - they were born that way.

Why are christians not against people of a certain hair color, or height, or race? It's genes in those cases as well (not exclusively genes, but much of it is). Very selective in close-mindedness, it seems.

Upvote 0

Lola

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
✟303.00
Truncate, your statements contradict themselves.

In the first part of your arguement you state that kids need to know about sex, or the pregnancy rate will go up.

Then your last statement is
It's really none of your business what other people do behind closed doors.

Now. I tend to agree that it's no one's business what goes on behind closed doors. However, the gay community is not satisfied with merely being gay. They feel the need to flaunt it to everyone. Before you say that isn't true, ask yourself this:

When was the last time you attended a "Hetrosexual Pride Parade"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dayton

Aug 4, 2003
✟623.00
Truncate said:
The fact is roughly 1-5% of humans are homosexual, with even more on top of that being bisexual. As with other animals, homosexuality is determined by genes, and is entirely normal. It's really none of your business what other people do behind closed doors.

I agree that what they do behind closed doors is none of my business. I am not anti-gay at all.

Innocent children should stay that way, and they should not know what sex is until they're at least 16. Kids are getting sexual information at an earlier age, and it's wrong.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Truncate said:
How would children/teens/young-adults/adults learn what sex is then?

By having unprotected sex and getting pregnant, that's how.

Knowledge is power, and information should not be kept from people.

Give people knowledge and let them decide how they will use it.

Bottom line is: If you do not like this or any show, do not watch it. Use a TV guide if you really need to.

How did children/teens and young adults learn about sex before homosexuals came along?
I wish people would stop stating opinion as though it is fact.
And I wish people would realize that not everything is permissable just because it is done behind closed doors.

Upvote 0

Lola

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
✟303.00
Truncate said:
Have you ever asked a homosexual person why they are attracted to the same-sex and not the other-sex? They will tell you, time and time again, that it is not a choice - they were born that way.

Why are christians not against people of a certain hair color, or height, or race? It's genes in those cases as well (not exclusively genes, but much of it is). Very selective in close-mindedness, it seems.
Well, I knew it was only a matter of time before I would be called "close-minded" in addition to the other colorful words your side likes to fling around here. LOL

Show me proof. If it's genetic, where's the gene? Show me something other than your guesses and hopes.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Truncate said:

I' ve known MANY homosexuals that have told me that they are in a homosexual relationship by choice...just because no one has said that to you doesn't mean it never happens.
And there is NO proof that homosexuality is genetic. So your question doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

Ryder

Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Truncate said:

Alcoholics are genetically predisposed to be so. Do you support an alcoholic in their self destructive behaviour? (usually ending in their demise). Despite being genetically suseptable to cronic over drinking, most people support groups like AA that try to 'cure' alcoholics. Alchoholics were also 'born that way'. Maybe we shouldn't try to change them either. Just because it's genetic doesn't mean it's good. Marphins syndrome, many types of cancer, heart problems, these are genetic too. This isn't the be-all argument that shows homosexuality is wrong, far from it, but disaproveing of something genetic is hardly an open-shut case of 'close-mindedness'. And gays have genetic dispositions at best, there isn't currently a 'gay' gene, btw.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.