Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very well, then please provide biblical citations of such women as "Queen".
Jeremiah 29:2
  1. This was after King Jeconiah, and the queen mother, the court officials, the leaders of Judah and Jerusalem, the artisans, and the smiths had departed from Jerusalem.
[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Which wife did Solomon bow down to, in light of the fact that any of them could have given birth to the heir to his throne?
The bowing down shows the important of the queen mother. Queen mothers were often counselors to the king as well. Remember Proverbs 31?
The Teaching of King Lemuel’s Mother
31 The words of King Lemuel. An oracle that his mother taught him:

2 No, my son! No, son of my womb!
No, son of my vows!
3 Do not give your strength to women,
your ways to those who destroy kings.
4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel,
it is not for kings to drink wine,
or for rulers to desire a]">[a] strong drink;
5 or else they will drink and forget what has been decreed,
and will pervert the rights of all the afflicted.
6 Give strong drink to one who is perishing,
and wine to those in bitter distress;
7 let them drink and forget their poverty,
and remember their misery no more.
8 Speak out for those who cannot speak,
for the rights of all the destitute.b]">[b] RSVCE

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jeremiah 29:2
  1. This was after King Jeconiah, and the queen mother, the court officials, the leaders of Judah and Jerusalem, the artisans, and the smiths had departed from Jerusalem.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Curiously, the one and only verse with that designation is not found in the historical records (I and II Samuel, I and II Kings, or I and II Chronicles) but in a prophetic book.

From the singular verse do you believe that it is reasonable to generate an entire theology which results in the adulation of Mary as being the Queen of Heaven (mind you, not the queen mother, but the Queen of Heaven)?

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thank you. Curiously, the one and only verse with that designation is not found in the historical records (I and II Samuel, I and II Kings, or I and II Chronicles) but in a prophetic book.

From the singular verse do you believe that it is reasonable to generate an entire theology which results in the adulation of Mary as being the Queen of Heaven (mind you, not the queen mother, but the Queen of Heaven)?[/QUOTE]

1. 1 Kings 15:13
    He also removed Maacah his mother from being queen mother because she had made an abominable image for Asherah. And Asa cut down her image and burned it at the brook Kidron.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. 2 Kings 10:13
    Jehu met the relatives of Ahaziah king of Judah, and he said, “Who are you?” And they answered, “We are the relatives of Ahaziah, and we came down to visit the royal princes and the sons of the queen mother.”
  3. 2 Chronicles 15:16
    Even Maacah, his mother, King Asa removed from being queen mother because she had made a detestable image for Asherah. Asa cut down her image, crushed it, and burned it at the brook Kidron.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom

From the singular verse do you believe that it is reasonable to generate an entire theology which results in the adulation of Mary as being the Queen of Heaven (mind you, not the queen mother, but the Queen of Heaven)?
    He also removed Maacah his mother from being queen mother because she had made an abominable image for Asherah. And Asa cut down her image and burned it at the brook Kidron.
    Jehu met the relatives of Ahaziah king of Judah, and he said, “Who are you?” And they answered, “We are the relatives of Ahaziah, and we came down to visit the royal princes and the sons of the queen mother.”
    Even Maacah, his mother, King Asa removed from being queen mother because she had made a detestable image for Asherah. Asa cut down her image, crushed it, and burned it at the brook Kidron.

Now we have found four verses, which is four more than for the perpetual virginity of Mary, her assumption into heaven, or her immaculate conception.

In any event, my previous question still stands.

From these four verses do you believe that it is reasonable to generate an entire theology which results in the adulation of Mary as being the Queen of Heaven (mind you, not the queen mother, but the Queen of Heaven)?

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From the singular verse do you believe that it is reasonable to generate an entire theology which results in the adulation of Mary as being the Queen of Heaven (mind you, not the queen mother, but the Queen of ings]
  • Hi, I didn't know these verses existed before I did a search. The theology isn't dependent on those verses. They are just to show that the mothers of Israel's kings recieved the title of queen for being a kings mother not necessarily for being married to a king.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now we have found four verses, which is four more than for the perpetual virginity of Mary, her assumption into heaven, or her immaculate conception.

From these four verses do you believe that it is reasonable to generate an entire theology which results in the adulation of Mary as being the Queen of Heaven (mind you, not the queen mother, but the Queen of Heaven)?
Those verses are insignificant really. The theology is based on her unique and exclusive union with Jesus and His mission.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

How do you think Mary got to Heaven, she is there as seen in Revelation? Elijah was taken up into heaven, it should then come as no surprise that Mary was taken up to Heaven.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

[/QUOTE]
This is a misquote. Written by bbbbbbb I don't know how it happened but this doesn't represent my view.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How do you think Mary got to Heaven, she is there as seen in Revelation? Elijah was taken up into heaven, it should then come as no surprise that Mary was taken up to Heaven.

Mary is NOT seen in the Rev. She is NOT the woman in Rev. 12.

The SCEIPTURES tell us that Elijah was taken to heaven. The Scriptures DO NOT SAY one single word about Mary being assumed to heaven. NOT A WORD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those verses are insignificant really. The theology is based on her unique and exclusive union with Jesus and His mission.

THat means the theology comes from MEN who are sinners and Not God and His Word.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

[/QUOTE]

It is scary that anyone could make an event from history about someones mother as a queen and make a theological doctrine!

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
THat means the theology comes from MEN who are sinners and Not God and His Word.
Except that her role in salvation history is testified to in Sacred Scripture. Read the Book!

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It is scary that anyone could make an event from history about someones mother as a queen and make a theological doctrine![/QUOTE]
@Major1 You are responding to something bbbbbbb wrote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Mary is NOT seen in the Rev. She is NOT the woman in Rev. 12.

The SCEIPTURES tell us that Elijah was taken to heaven. The Scriptures DO NOT SAY one single word about Mary being assumed to heaven. NOT A WORD.
Holy Scripture shows Mary in Heaven.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Apostles were indeed sinners as were all of the authors of the Bible that God worked through in giving us His Word.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Apostles were indeed sinners as were all of the authors of the Bible that God worked through in giving us His Word.

Yes they were. But I am referring to the CATHOLIC fathers and POPES whom you believe instead of the Apostles.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Holy Scripture shows Mary in Heaven.

Holy Scripture shows all who have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ to be in heaven.

However........there is not ONR SINLE Scripture that suggests that Mary as "assumed" to heaven.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is scary that anyone could make an event from history about someones mother as a queen and make a theological doctrine!
@Major1 You are responding to something bbbbbbb wrote.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did and it reffers to your comment.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.