Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi and how many people have anyone seen this BAPTIZO in Mark 16:16 ?

Because in verse 17 THESE SIGNS shall follow them that BELIEVE , that is Jesus name , CAST OUT DEMONS , speak in new TONGUES , take up SERPENTS , drink any DEADLY THING , lay hands on thr SICK , and they shall RECOVER !

And where m you see the words SHALL BE SAVED is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD , is what I see in the Greek text .

dan p

Baptismal regeneration!

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

OT pre-figured baptism

Isaiah 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations;

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16
he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John 1:26
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6
And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Baptismal regeneration!

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

OT pre-figured baptism

Isaiah 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations;

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16
he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John 1:26
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6
And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)

Hi and if you believe in WATER BAPTISM , will you please explain 1 Cor 15:29 . where it teaches , BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ?

And I do believe in BAPTISO , BAPTISMA , BAPTISMOS , BAPTISTES .

And here is another one in 1 Cor 10:2 and they were BAPTIZED unto Moses , inn the CLOUD and in the SEA , who baptized them into those 3 things !

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi and if you believe in WATER BAPTISM , will you please explain 1 Cor 15:29 . where it teaches , BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD ?

And I do believe in BAPTISM , BAPTISMA , BAPTISMOS , BAPTISTES .

And here is another one in 1 Cor 10:2 and they were BAPTIZED unto Moses , inn the CLOUD and in the SEA , who baptized them into those 3 things !

dan p

Spiritually dead

God baptizes

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spiritually dead

God baptizes

Hi and I said I believe in BAPTISM , and in 1 Cor 12:13 we are BAPTIZED / PLACED into the BODY OF CHRIST whether we be Jews or Greeks >

If you do not understand , 1 Cor 15:29 OR 1 Cor 10:1 or 2 BE GLAD to explain wht it means .

dan p

Upvote 0

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi and I said I believe in BAPTISM , and in 1 Cor 12:13 we are BAPTIZED / PLACED into the BODY OF CHRIST whether we be Jews or Greeks >

If you do not understand , 1 Cor 15:29 OR 1 Cor 10:1 or 2 BE GLAD to explain wht it means .

dan p
Please do

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please do

Hi and I will do as much as I can , because of time .

From Matthew through Ephesians the Greek word BAPTISM is really the Greek word BAPTISMA .

When you really read 1 Cor 15 THE WHOLE chapter is about RESURRECTION !

In all of Paul's letters there is no water BAPTISM , AT ALL .

Now turn to Rom 6:3 the Greek word BAPTIZO is used 2 times .

In verse 3 HOW WERE YOU PLACED INTO HIS DEATH , That means Christ death ?

Verse 4 says how , THROUGH THIS BAPTISMA INTO HIS DEATH , which is the BAPTISMA , which is the HOLY SPIRIT !

BAPTISMA is one who PLACES us into His death as Eph 4:5 says ONE BAPTIZER who is the HOLY SPIRIT as Eph 4:5 ONE BAPTISM / BAPTISMA or ONE BAPTIZER because there is NO WATER / HUDOR in the BODY OF CHRIST .

If us are not saved , THEN the HOLY SPIRIT , DOES PLACE / BAPTISMA FOR THE DEAD as written in 1 Cor 15:29 !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi and I will do as much as I can , because of time .

From Matthew through Ephesians the Greek word BAPTISM is really the Greek word BAPTISMA .

When you really read 1 Cor 15 THE WHOLE chapter is about RESURRECTION !

In all of Paul's letters there is no water BAPTISM , AT ALL .

Now turn to Rom 6:3 the Greek word BAPTIZO is used 2 times .

In verse 3 HOW WERE YOU PLACED INTO HIS DEATH , That means Christ death ?

Verse 4 says how , THROUGH THIS BAPTISMA INTO HIS DEATH , which is the BAPTISMA , which is the HOLY SPIRIT !

BAPTISMA is one who PLACES us into His death as Eph 4:5 says ONE BAPTIZER who is the HOLY SPIRIT as Eph 4:5 ONE BAPTISM / BAPTISMA or ONE BAPTIZER because there is NO WATER / HUDOR in the BODY OF CHRIST .

If us are not saved , THEN the HOLY SPIRIT , DOES PLACE / BAPTISMA FOR THE DEAD as written in 1 Cor 15:29 !!

dan p

How do you get saved?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you get saved?

Hi and lets begin with Paul as he was the FIRST / PROTO first one saved by GRACE in 1 Tim 1:16 and that Paul is the PATTERN TO THEM which should hereafter believe on HIM / PAUL , to everlasting life >

In Acts 9:3 we see that Saul fell to the ground !

Then Saul asks in verse b6 , Lord , what wilt thou have me to do ?

Notice that Saul says to Jesus LORD IS VERY IMPOTANT !!

In 1 Cor 12:3 says THAT no man can ssy that JESUS IS LORD , BUT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT !

In Ron 10:9 That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the LORD JESUS and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead THOU SHALL BE SAVED !!

Verse 10 , says For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi and lets begin with Paul as he was the FIRST / PROTO first one saved by GRACE in 1 Tim 1:16 and that Paul is the PATTERN TO THEM which should hereafter believe on HIM / PAUL , to everlasting life >

In Acts 9:3 we see that Saul fell to the ground !

Then Saul asks in verse b6 , Lord , what wilt thou have me to do ?

Notice that Saul says to Jesus LORD IS VERY IMPOTANT !!

In 1 Cor 12:3 says THAT no man can ssy that JESUS IS LORD , BUT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT !

In Ron 10:9 That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the LORD JESUS and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead THOU SHALL BE SAVED !!

Verse 10 , says For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation !!

dan p

You have to believe all including the necessity of the church and the sacraments

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have to believe all including the necessity of the church and the sacraments

Hi and in VINE'S DICTIONARY you will not find a Greek word for CHURCH , " WHY " because there is NO Greek word for church in the Greek text !

And where are these so-called SACRAMENTS FOUND >

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi and in VINE'S DICTIONARY you will not find a Greek word for CHURCH , " WHY " because there is NO Greek word for church in the Greek text !

And where are these so-called SACRAMENTS FOUND >

dan p

Only in the church

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Outside the ark none were saved, outside the church none are saved)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only in the church

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Outside the ark none were saved, outside the church none are saved)

Hi and here is a soft ball for you .

In 1 Peter 3:20 it says that 8 SOULS were saved by WATER / HUDOR was a DRY BAPTISM !

Those that were OUTSIDE of the ARK were the ones who were AYTER BAPTIZED !!

As to your EZE 36:25 , the context is Israel , FOR ONE .

The Hebrew THEN SPRINKLE / ZARAQ is in the STEM QAL means to scatter , sprinkle , or TOSS upon Israel water , and the ASPECT is in the Herb PERFECT TENSE which is yet FUTURE when Israel come back to their MESSIAH !

dan p

Upvote 0

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi and here is a soft ball for you .

In 1 Peter 3:20 it says that 8 SOULS were saved by WATER / HUDOR was a DRY BAPTISM !

Those that were OUTSIDE of the ARK were the ones who were AYTER BAPTIZED !!

As to your EZE 36:25 , the context is Israel , FOR ONE .

The Hebrew THEN SPRINKLE / ZARAQ is in the STEM QAL means to scatter , sprinkle , or TOSS upon Israel water , and the ASPECT is in the Herb PERFECT TENSE which is yet FUTURE when Israel come back to their MESSIAH !

dan p

Stick with English kjv
Refers to Christian baptismal regeneration

They were not made white as snow by being scattered

The ark of Noah is a type of the new covenant church and passing thru water a type of baptism

• Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stick with English kjv
Refers to Christian baptismal regeneration

They were not made white as snow by being scattered

The ark of Noah is a type of the new covenant church and passing thru water a type of baptism

Hi and Heb 8:8 the NEW COVENANT is between the HOUSE OF ISRAEL and the HOUSE OF JUDAH !!

EKKLESIA means EK OUT OF and KALEO means a CALLING OT which means an ASSEMBY and check VINE'S DICTIONARY and see !

dan p

Upvote 0

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi and Heb 8:8 the NEW COVENANT is between the HOUSE OF ISRAEL and the HOUSE OF JUDAH !!

EKKLESIA means EK OUT OF and KALEO means a CALLING OT which means an ASSEMBY and check VINE'S DICTIONARY and see !

dan p
No the new covenant is universal

Major covenants!

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
one valid covenant one mediator
1 Tim 2:5
One new covenant church Jn 10:16

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No the new covenant is universal

Major covenants!

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
one valid covenant one mediator
1 Tim 2:5
One new covenant church Jn 10:16

Hi and that is why we can not agree , because COVENANT / DIATHEKE and can be translated by the following English words , WILL , COMPACT , WILL !, COVENANT .

Here is my last word on NEW COVENANT and why we will always disagree , because in Heb 8;8 the Greek words I WILL MAKE / SYNTELEO which is talking about the NEW COVENANT is in the Greek , FUTURE TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and this means that the NEW COVENANT is not YET in FORCE .

Paul does not say we are SHEEP because in the RESURRECTION we will be PART OF Christ and resurrected in His IMAGE .

dan p

Upvote 0

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi and that is why we can not agree , because COVENANT / DIATHEKE and can be translated by the following English words , WILL , COMPACT , WILL !, COVENANT .

Here is my last word on NEW COVENANT and why we will always disagree , because in Heb 8;8 the Greek words I WILL MAKE / SYNTELEO which is talking about the NEW COVENANT is in the Greek , FUTURE TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and this means that the NEW COVENANT is not YET in FORCE .

Paul does not say we are SHEEP because in the RESURRECTION we will be PART OF Christ and resurrected in His IMAGE .

dan p

He is quoting the old days of Jer. 31:31
The new covenant is established in His body and blood

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

New Testament is the new covenant
And the kingdom
Seek ye first the kingdom matt 6:33
Give you keys of the kingdom Matt 16:18

Upvote 0

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Jeremiah 31:31-34 ESV / 518 helpful votes

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Hebrews 9:15 ESV / 366 helpful votes

Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 8:13 ESV / 334 helpful votes

In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Luke 22:20 ESV / 332 helpful votes

And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

Hebrews 8:6 ESV / 275 helpful votes

But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

Hebrews 8:7-8 ESV / 221 helpful votes

For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

2 Corinthians 3:6 ESV / 204 helpful votes

Who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Jeremiah 31:33 ESV / 193 helpful votes

But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Corinthians 11:25 ESV / 186 helpful votes

In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

Mark 14:24 ESV / 160 helpful votes

And he said to them, “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

Jeremiah 31:31 ESV / 156 helpful votes

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,

Romans 8:1-39 ESV / 148 helpful votes

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. ...

Romans 7:6 ESV / 137 helpful votes

But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

Hebrews 13:20 ESV / 136 helpful votes

Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant,

Hebrews 8:8 ESV / 130 helpful votes

For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

Romans 6:14 ESV / 129 helpful votes

For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Matthew 26:28 ESV / 126 helpful votes

For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 8:10 ESV / 124 helpful votes

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Romans 11:27 ESV / 119 helpful votes

“and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 31:31-34 ESV / 518 helpful votes

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Hebrews 9:15 ESV / 366 helpful votes

Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Hebrews 8:13 ESV / 334 helpful votes

In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Luke 22:20 ESV / 332 helpful votes

And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

Hebrews 8:6 ESV / 275 helpful votes

But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

Hebrews 8:7-8 ESV / 221 helpful votes

For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

2 Corinthians 3:6 ESV / 204 helpful votes

Who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Jeremiah 31:33 ESV / 193 helpful votes

But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Corinthians 11:25 ESV / 186 helpful votes

In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

Mark 14:24 ESV / 160 helpful votes

And he said to them, “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

Jeremiah 31:31 ESV / 156 helpful votes

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,

Romans 8:1-39 ESV / 148 helpful votes

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. ...

Romans 7:6 ESV / 137 helpful votes

But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

Hebrews 13:20 ESV / 136 helpful votes

Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant,

Hebrews 8:8 ESV / 130 helpful votes

For he finds fault with them when he says: “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

Romans 6:14 ESV / 129 helpful votes

For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Matthew 26:28 ESV / 126 helpful votes

For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Hebrews 8:10 ESV / 124 helpful votes

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Romans 11:27 ESV / 119 helpful votes

“and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

Hi and it is ALWAYS helpful to read verse ABOVE and verse below to examine the CONTEXT !!

Rom 11:26 and when Israel will be saved , and then the COVENANT FROM ME ( CHRIST ) to them Christ will take their SINS AWAY !!

I just love Matt 16:18 , especially when they do there home work as what the Greek text says !!

The Greek words I WILL BUILD / OIKODOMEO is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !

OIKOS , means HOUSE and DOMEO means HOSE BUILDER and Christ will build this HOUSE in the MILLENNIUM and check STRONG'S DICTIONARY , G3618 to see what the Greek word OIKODMEO means , and also glad to help !!

dan p

Upvote 0