Qualifier into the US Open final

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟115,362.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Two teenagers Emma Raducanu and Leylah Fernandez have won their way into the women's singles tennis final at the US Open in Flushing Meadow, New York. Being a qualifier Raducanu has won 9 matches (all straight sets) and is the first qualifier to get to the final in any major both for men's and women's singles in the open era. Fernandez has beaten Kanepi, Osaka, Kerber, Svitolina and Sabalenka in her run to the final! They have both shown a remarkable coolness under pressure: the fearlessness of youth.

Richard Mulcahy

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2019
Reading
✟182,378.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Two teenagers Emma Raducanu and Leylah Fernandez have won their way into the women's singles tennis final at the US Open in Flushing Meadow, New York. Being a qualifier Raducanu has won 9 matches (all straight sets) and is the first qualifier to get to the final in any major both for men's and women's singles in the open era. Fernandez has beaten Kanepi, Osaka, Kerber, Svitolina and Sabalenka in her run to the final! They have both shown a remarkable coolness under pressure: the fearlessness of youth.

Yes, this is a staggering, against all odds, out of this world effort from both teenagers. What they have achieved is simply unheard of in tennis.

As a British man I will be routing for Emma but it must be said they are both lovely girls and both deserve to win today's final.

I believe Emma was born in Toronto if I'm not mistaken before moving to the United Kingdom.

Looking forward to a great final. May the best teenager win!

This is surely a changing of the guard.

Reactions: Vanellus
Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟115,362.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
UK channel 4 have bought the right to show it live tonight from Amazon Prime. Coverage starts 8pm UK time and the match starts at 9pm (4pm local).

I'm British as well so will be supporting Raducanu but both teenagers have such endearing personalities I won't mind that much if Fernandez wins, If they stay fit we should see a lot of them in the future.

In the men's semi between Djokovic and Zverev yesterday there was a lung busting 53 shot rally:
53 epic rally djokovic vs zverev us open 2021 dramatic point - YouTube

Upvote 0