• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

PVCs(premature ventricular contractions)

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Does anyone here suffer from PVCs at all? My family's doctor said that I am throwing PVCs and that there is not much that can be done about them. They are uncomfortable( a beat, then a pause, then a flipflop and a reset) and annoying. They seem to happen alot when I am lying down, or sitting down. However when I stand up or walk somewhere my heartbeat resets back to noraml again. The doctors won't give me anything for them and say they are benign, but there just too annoying to live with. I heard beta blockers help?

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does anyone here suffer from PVCs at all? My family's doctor said that I am throwing PVCs and that there is not much that can be done about them. They are uncomfortable( a beat, then a pause, then a flipflop and a reset) and annoying. They seem to happen alot when I am lying down, or sitting down. However when I stand up or walk somewhere my heartbeat resets back to noraml again. The doctors won't give me anything for them and say they are benign, but there just too annoying to live with. I heard beta blockers help?

Just happen to see this although I know it's been awhile. I, too, suffer from this. I also have MVP...Mitral Valve Prolapse. Have you been checked for that? Anyway, avoiding caffeine, stressful situations and getting regular exercise does help. Lately, I've taking the amino acid Taurine which helps regulate electrical impulses to the heart. Also, make sure you're getting lots of magnesium and CoQ10. Both are good for heart muscle and regular heartbeat. Other than that, they are apparently innocuous.

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

I have this same problem which have increased lately..they first started over twenty years ago when I training for a 10K. I have found caffeine to be the culprit which triggers this, sometimes sugar intake (if too much), stress, and reclining on my left side. They are much less when I exercise which I do daily by taking a 30 minute walk and some mild stretching exercises. Always open to more advice about this problem. Otherwise I am in fairly good health for my age and have a normal blood pressure reading daily.

Upvote 0
May 29, 2012
✟7,760.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
CreedIsChrist-
regarding PVCs, your doctor is right. benign PVCs are usually isolated events, and actually happen to most people. nothing should be done to treat something like this (at least not with medications)

HOWEVER, if you think that what is happening to you is just a little more than the occasional skipped beat, you should see a cardiologist. There is no way for your doctor to know if it is just the occasional PVC or if there is some other issue going on unless he/she uses a ECG, so if your doctor has not done this and you think you need more evaluation, ask for more tests.

Daniel66- Beta blockers do not interfere with memory, emotions, or any other cognitive function.

pray for me

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just this and wanted to add my part. I have PAC's and they are not dangerous at all in a structurally normal heart. I am a member of an awesome on line heart forum support group, we help each other all the time, they are awesome. Here is the link: www.skippingheartsforum.com

Upvote 0
C

Carmella Prochaska

My grandmother experiences those. You should pay attention to when you experience your PVCs. Write them down in a notebook or journal to keep track of the time, date, duration and what you were doing right before you experienced the palpitations. This will help you identify triggers. Once you identify the situations that are triggering these episodes, you will be able to better treat the PVCs and lower the incidents of them.

Upvote 0