Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Video Talk

Galatians 2:20 ESV

“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

When we believe in Jesus Christ with God-given faith, which is not of our own doing, but which is a gift to us from God, we are crucified with Christ in death to sin, and we are raised with him to walk in newness of life in him, no longer as slaves to sin but now as slaves to God and to his righteousness. Therefore we are not to let sin reign in our mortal bodies, to make us obey its passions, for if sin is what we obey, it will lead to death. But if obedience is what we obey, it leads to righteousness and to sanctification, and its end is eternal life (Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 6:1-23).

Jesus said that if anyone would come after him, he must deny self, take up his cross daily (die daily to sin) and follow (obey) him. For if we hold on to our old lives of living in sin and for self, we will lose them for eternity. But if for the sake of Jesus we lose our lives, i.e. we die with him to sin that we might live to him and to his righteousness, then we have the hope of eternal life. For if we are ashamed of Jesus and his words, meaning we deny him, not only by our silence, but by how we live our lives, then he is going to be ashamed of us (he will deny us) when he returns (Luke 9:23-26).

So, for us to be crucified with Christ it means that we deny self, we die daily to sin, and we follow him in obedience. Jesus Christ is now Lord (Owner-Master) of our lives, and we are now his possession. And this is what it means for “I” to no longer live, but for Christ to live in me. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared in advance that we should walk in them. For Jesus Christ “gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works” (Titus 2:11-14).

And to live in these flesh bodies by faith in Jesus Christ means that we die daily to sin, we deny self, and we follow our Lord in obedience to his commands (New Covenant), as our practice. It doesn’t mean we are perfect people or that we never sin, but that sin is no longer our practice, but now righteousness and holiness and obedience to Jesus Christ are what we practice because Jesus loved us and gave himself up for us that we might die with him to sin and live to him and to his righteousness in the power of God.

[Matt 7:21-23; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 9:23-26; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14,24; Rom 12:1-2; Rom 13:11; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; 1 Co 1:18; 1 Co 15:1-2; 2 Tim 1:8-9; Heb 9:28; 1 Pet 1:5; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 2:8-10; Eph 4:17-32; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-17; 1 Pet 2:24; Tit 2:11-14; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6,24-25; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 3:6,14-15; Heb 10:23-31; Heb 12:1-2; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

Caution: This link may contain ads

Just a Closer Walk with Thee

Hymn lyrics by Anonymous/Unknown
Music by American Melody

“For indeed He was crucified because of weakness, yet He lives because of the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, yet we will live with Him because of the power of God directed toward you” (2 Co. 13:4 NASB).

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Caution: This link may contain ads