Putting our feet on satan's neck... the next order of business

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
you can’t really recommend teaching that is based on a lie, manipulated for support and protection stemming from a lie, to say that is the way to defeat the father of lies :sigh:
search the scriptures and see if that be a lie :sigh:
truth is much more revealing that fiction :sigh:
remembering what one reads is extremely helpful to summarize what the bible story is saying to maintain a true perspective or else one is just living another lie based on lack of knowledge and/or desire to know’ the truth :sigh:
Not the one you addressed, LOL, but your post has .... well, color me confused. Can you expound a bit?

Thanks in advance.

Gideon

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you can’t really recommend teaching that is based on a lie, manipulated for support and protection stemming from a lie, to say that is the way to defeat the father of lies :sigh:
remembering what one reads is extremely helpful to summarize what the bible story is saying to maintain a true perspective or else one is just living another lie based on lack of knowledge and/or desire to know’ the truth :sigh:

Are you saying bible stories are based on a lie? "Search the scriptures" to see if what is a lie?

I must not be understanding you correctly.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you saying bible stories are based on a lie? "Search the scriptures" to see if what is a lie?

I must not be understanding you correctly.
The bible holds the truth but the truth is Joshua of the OT was manipulated into something that forced God to maintain His word thru a lie. The kings defeated included His own city of the old Salem from which Melchezedec heralded.
Search the scriptures to get a more accurate sense of what was really going on.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Gibeonites saved themselves thru trickery and then demanded protection due to their trickery.
I may be slow but I re-read Joshua 10 and the trickery part somehow missed me.

Here is what I read:

Now it came to pass, when Adonizedec king of Jerusalem had heard how Joshua had taken Ai, and had utterly destroyed it; as he had done to Jericho and her king, so he had done to Ai and her king; and how the inhabitants of Gibeon had made peace with Israel, and were among them;

That they feared greatly, because Gibeon was a great city, as one of the royal cities, and because it was greater than Ai, and all the men thereof were mighty.

And the men of Gibeon sent unto Joshua to the camp to Gilgal, saying, Slack not thy hand from thy servants; come up to us quickly, and save us, and help us: for all the kings of the Amorites that dwell in the mountains are gathered together against us.
Joshua 10:1-2,6

and the next verse says that Joshua wasted no time to go down and kick their butts.

I am not sure you were saying I was lying, but if you could share with me the trickery part and then how they demanded Joshua come to there rescue, it would really help my confusion. ☺️

blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bible holds the truth but the truth is Joshua of the OT was manipulated into something that forced God to maintain His word thru a lie. The kings defeated included His own city of the old Salem from which Melchezedec heralded.
Oh, no! Search the scriptures? Can't you save me some time and share with me the scriptures you are referring to?

Gids

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I may be slow but I re-read Joshua 10 and the trickery part somehow missed me.

Here is what I read:

Now it came to pass, when Adonizedec king of Jerusalem had heard how Joshua had taken Ai, and had utterly destroyed it; as he had done to Jericho and her king, so he had done to Ai and her king; and how the inhabitants of Gibeon had made peace with Israel, and were among them;

That they feared greatly, because Gibeon was a great city, as one of the royal cities, and because it was greater than Ai, and all the men thereof were mighty.

And the men of Gibeon sent unto Joshua to the camp to Gilgal, saying, Slack not thy hand from thy servants; come up to us quickly, and save us, and help us: for all the kings of the Amorites that dwell in the mountains are gathered together against us.
Joshua 10:1-2,6

and the next verse says that Joshua wasted no time to go down and kick their butts.

I am not sure you were saying I was lying, but if you could share with me the trickery part and then how they demanded Joshua come to there rescue, it would really help my confusion. ☺️

blessings,

Gideon
Your missing the part where they dressed bedraggled to strike a bargain with Isreal to seem like they were not those in the area under attack.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Think I'll leave that to the op. I trust he'll do whatever needs doing, if anything.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your missing the part where they dressed bedraggled to strike a bargain with Isreal to seem like they were not those in the area under attack.
Chapter and verse please. And more importantly, how your objections have anything to do with our ability to walk as overcomers with satan under our feet?

Thanks in advance.

G

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Chapter and verse please. And more importantly, how your objections have anything to do with our ability to walk as overcomers with satan under our feet?

Thanks in advance.

G
Joshua 9:
But when the inhabitants of Gibeon heard what Joshua had done to Jericho and Ai, 4 they worked craftily, and went and pretended to be ambassadors. And they took old sacks on their donkeys, old wineskins torn and [c]mended, 5 old and patched sandals on their feet, and old garments on themselves; and all the bread of their provision was dry and moldy. 6 And they went to Joshua, to the camp at Gilgal, and said to him and to the men of Israel, “We have come from a far country; now therefore, make a [d]covenant with us.”

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s just that part is not a good starting point for an otherwise good thread.
Again, can you please direct me to where in the Bible you are referring to? If you can show me that I mis-read the motive of those terrible Gibeonites and they really did trick Joshua into defeating the five Amorite kings that they would have had to have defeated anyway, and more importantly, how it relates to the overall point of the OP, I would be forever in your debt.

It just seems that referring to what was posted as lies.... well, all I can say is my old man probably would have.... ok, ok, I guarantee he would have been offended, LOL.

many blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again, can you please direct me to where in the Bible you are referring to? If you can show me that I mis-read the motive of those terrible Gibeonites and they really did trick Joshua into defeating the five Amorite kings that they would have had to have defeated anyway, and more importantly, how it relates to the overall point of the OP, I would be forever in your debt.

It just seems that referring to what was posted as lies.... well, all I can say is my old man probably would have.... ok, ok, I guarantee he would have been offended, LOL.

many blessings,

Gids
If anyone needs to wash their mouth out with soap it would be the Gideonites. But if you object to correction then there’s nothing further to say.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joshua 9:
But when the inhabitants of Gibeon heard what Joshua had done to Jericho and Ai, 4 they worked craftily, and went and pretended to be ambassadors. And they took old sacks on their donkeys, old wineskins torn and [c]mended, 5 old and patched sandals on their feet, and old garments on themselves; and all the bread of their provision was dry and moldy. 6 And they went to Joshua, to the camp at Gilgal, and said to him and to the men of Israel, “We have come from a far country; now therefore, make a [d]covenant with us.”
Thank you. I humbly stand corrected. I now just need to know how that relates to the purpose of the OP?

Blessings, Gids

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If anyone needs to wash their mouth out with soap it would be the Gideonites. But if you object to correction then there’s nothing further to say.
Is 'Gideonites' rather than Gibeonites a Freudian slip? ☺️

It is just that I am confused as to your motive for the correction. Trust me, God has infused in me plenty of correction over the years, I am a pro.

Peace between us.

Gideon

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is 'Gideonites' rather than Gibeonites a Freudian slip? ☺️

It is just that I am confused as to your motive for the correction. Trust me, God has infused in me plenty of correction over the years, I am a pro.

Peace between us.

Gideon
oh lol defiantly freudian lol
the motive comes from glorifying what I see as against God’s better. too much of that is glorified
but that’s his-story. otoh what is God’s story will be told when we get there in eternity I suspect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, just caught up on my Gibeonite research. Here is what ai found and why they resorted to deception to save themselves from the Israelite army.

"And they answered Joshua, and said, Because it was certainly told thy servants, how that the Lord thy God commanded his servant Moses to give you all the land, and to destroy all the inhabitants of the land from before you,

Therefore we were sore afraid of our lives because of you, and have done this thing. And now, behold, we are in thine hand: as it seemeth good and right unto thee to do unto us, do.

Joshua 9:24-25

Was there a bit of deception? Yup. Did they do it to take advantage of Joshua? Nope. They were fully submitted to Israel, humbling themselves as their servants.

Moreover, they did not demand Joshua rescue them. They pleaded with him, and he honored his word to them regardless.

Now I am a Gideo.... er... Gibeonite expert!

Now we can move on to how we can put our foot on satan's neck, amen?

blessings to you, my dear sister

Gids

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oh lol defiantly freudian lol
the motive comes from glorifying what I see as against God’s better. too much of that is glorified
but that’s his-story. otoh what is God’s story will be told when we get there in eternity I suspect.
Defiantly Freudian or definately Freudian? Or perhaps definitely, defiantly Freudian?

Ok, ok, gotta stop. But this has been fun. Thank you, and I mean that. You are a good sport.

Many blessings,

me

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Defiantly Freudian or definately Freudian? Or perhaps definitely, defiantly Freudian?

Ok, ok, gotta stop. But this has been fun. Thank you, and I mean that. You are a good sport.

Many blessings,

me
darn word-correct lol been a slice :-0)

Upvote 0