• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Putting it all on the line.......

rtodd5011

Member since 2012
May 5, 2012
Arkansas
Visit site
✟24,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am really sticking out my neck here for some clarity and consolation. I pray all will be encouraging and compassionate with empathy as I bear my soul and share what is on my heart.

I have struggled with my sexuality since I very young age. But I hid it in my mind. I guess you might as well say I have been in the closet for a very long time with almost no contact sexually with other guys my age.

As a teenager in the 1970's era, I did my research with a dictionary and my King James Bible, so I know very well what the Bible says. That is one of the reason I kept it hidden out of guilt and shame.

I had a spiritual experience with Jesus at the age of 18 and was born again. It was a mountain top experience. I do not remember how long but gradually came off that mountain and had to deal with my flesh once again. That did not go so well.

When I was 24 I went to a 2 year bible school and met my first wife. I felt so guilty over the years keeping this from her. we divorced in 2002. I went through the same thing when I remarried in 2010. We divorced in 2019.

Now that I have learned some hardknock lessons I will remain single. A part of me though will always be curious about guys I guess. I do not know what to make of all this. I confided to my sister who told me that she has always known. She is not a believer but good to have her on my side.

At times I do wonder about my heavenly home? I do not doubt my salvation. I am 57 years old. I do wonder if there is any freedom on this side of heaven?

If this is the cross I must carry for the rest of my days, or the thorn in my flesh, I just do not understand that....if my thorn is a abomination?

Thanks for allowing me to share. If anyone wants to message me in private please do not desitate to do so.