Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This country has gone VERY deeply down the toilet. We're a nation that acknowledges sodomy as a marriage, we slaughter innocents, we preach pansexuality, we war and intrigue at the drop of a hat, and we're hostile to Christianity as a nation overall. It might just happen one of these days that the proverbial poop is going to hit the fan and a cleansing of our country takes place. We're a mess. Something is going to hit the fan sooner or later. It better, or I've stock-piled my ammo for nothing! ^_^^_^^_^

I don't "root" for Putin, but I'm pulling for him in Syria. Strategically for the U.S. I don't care. But I DO CARE about those poor Christians there slaughtered by rebels and ISIS. Putin is going to put the screws to the Muslim malcontents there, and I'm mighty fine with that. Our metrosexual wimp of a president doesn't have the guts, so more power to the Russian president who does!

Putin gets a lot of love, imho, because he's the first Russian president in decades who is openly Orthodox with a high degree of pride in it. He has helped build churches, fought back the LGBT zombie hordes trying to win hearts and minds in Russia, and he's willing to defend the faith while protecting other Orthodox Christians. So after decades of Lenins, Stalins, Brezhnevs, and other atheist dictators, this guy for Orthodox Christians is a breath of fresh air.

"Constantine was a bloody guy at times as well. Yet he's a saint. Go figure."

Yes, but by the grace of God, not because of his policies.

I see a problematic conflation of Putin's political actions with Orthodoxy. I see quite a few of my Orthodox FB friends almost say things that could be construed as treason (wishing for the downfall of the West/America, wishing for Putin to be victorious in his actions, etc)

That in my opinion is overstepping the bounds.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When Syria's President Assad launched airstrikes against ISIS and had them on the run, the next thing I saw was Obama appearing on the news making a vow to stop Assad. I was thinking, "That's totally the opposite reaction of what he should be doing. Why isn't he vowing to help Assad finish those terrorists?" And now that Russia is fighting against ISIS the U.S. wants to jump in, most likely to support the so-called "rebels"? Doesn't it seem like the U.S. is backing ISIS? I don't believe there are any "moderates" on the side that is fighting against Assad. How can anyone not know that if Assad gets defeated ISIS will take over?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Doesn't it seem like the U.S. is backing ISIS?
Essentially yes. The US does not really see ISIS as a serious national security threat, but it does see Iran as a very serious one. Assad is on the shiite side of the fence in the region, making his regime an Iranian sphere of influence. The US seems to be more concerned with limiting and rolling back Iranian influence than it is in stopping the spread of wahhabi psychopaths. In fact, those psychopathic sunnis are perfect for destabilizing Iranian-backed shiite regimes.

I think the US strategy is something like this; cause absolute chaos (mission accomplished), let the regime fall, work with the sunni Gulf states to install a complacent puppet regime outside of any Iranian influence, and then back said regime to suppress any of the rif-raff that won't shut up after having done our dirty work. Basically US policy is about regime change and establishing protectorates to be exploited by ourselves and our oil-pumping, head chopping gulf-state allies. Never mind that this policy is an abject and repeated failure.

I don't believe that there are any "moderates" on the side that is fighting against Assad.
Correct you are. Even the Free Syrian Army wants to establish an Islamic state based on sharia law. All the rebels have this same goal, they differ only in the degree of savage barbarity they wish to employ in the new Islamic dictatorship. And sadly it seems the majority of Syrians want something like this. This is one of many instances in which the majority is wrong and should not get what it wants.

How can anyone not know that if Assad gets defeated ISIS will take over?
Unlikely, because an ISIS state of Syria would immediately be a giant bullseye for nearly every nation on earth. The US is not very good at battling insurgencies, but it is expert at dismantling states. If ISIS became a ligit state the US could blow it to Hell in a matter of days. More likely the Saudi-backed "Army of Conquest" would take over and create a state almost identical to Saudi Arabia, with all its head-chopping glory. As long as this state kept to its borders and played ball with the US, it would survive for a time. The US prefers this, because that way Iran looses a foothold in the region. Nevermind the massive death and destruction, as well as the horrific repression of an Islamic dictatorship that would be unleashed on Syria.

I'm rooting for Assad, and have been for years now. Then again I also don't care about the scope of Iran's influence and I have way more of a problem with the sociopathic Saudi regime than I do with the Iranian one.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
An ISIS "State of Syria"? ISIS, like all the Islamists, does not recognize borders. Syria and Iraq are where they are limited right now, but if you remember their infamous five-year-plan map, they plan on taking much more than that. And other Islamist terrorists have responded positively to their vision, like Boko Haram in Nigeria/West Africa.

Would that ISIS and similar sickos would limit themselves to Syria, which would be (and clearly is) bad enough!

Upvote 0

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Would that ISIS and similar sickos would limit themselves to Syria, which would be (and clearly is) bad enough!
Yes, and I suppose it is not unknown in history for deluded mass-murdering sociopathic hordes to seize vast swaths of territory. The Monguls and the Nazis immediately come to mind.

I personally am in full agreement with President Assad and President Putin, and I'm so utterly embarrassed with America that I've seriously considered moving to Canada (I live a mile from Windsor). All Jihadists need to be told to lay down their arms and surrender, and if they do not, they need to be exterminated like roaches. Civilians need to be clearly admonished to leave Jihadist territories by any means necessary, lest they be seen as accomplices.

Putin is doing exactly what I've been advocating for three years now; back up the Syrian Army and rain down bombs on the insurgents. It will work in time, though it'd help if my deluded government would stop sending advanced weaponry and vast sums of cash to head-chopping Islamic dogs.

Upvote 0

tapi

Apr 19, 2010
Stockholm
✟147,994.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The fact is that Russia is bullying independent countries like Sweden and Finland, not even to mention the Balkan Nations, on a consistent basis via their propaganda and military transgressions (violations of airspace, military drills practicing assault into Finland for example) etc.

They don't even admit the atrocities committed by the Soviet Union; Russia still holds, that they "liberated" Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia and the other Balkan nations, including Czechoslovakia in 1968.

For some orthodox to put any trust in the successor of a terrible regime like the Soviet Union, that does not admit even the most blatant atrocities committed by the Soviet Union, is to my mind, incredible blindness.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,629.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"For some orthodox to put any trust in the successor of a terrible regime like the Soviet Union, that does not admit even the most blatant atrocities committed by the Soviet Union, is to my mind, incredible blindness."

it is indeed.
Saint Constantine, intercede for us.

Reactions: MikeK
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And just by the way - I am EO, my family is EO, my MOM from territory which is currently called Ukraine, my Grand-Mom is from territory which is currently called Ukraine, my Grand-Fa and some other relatives are grave-yarded on territory which is currently called Ukraine, my Great-Fa lost his life on WW2 in fighting against Hitlers scum and his local racist-facist scum, which is currently glorified in/on Ukraine ( "Heil Ukraine- Heil Heroes" is about them) and a lot of other ppl, who are EO,from Ukraine are agree with me.
There is no such "Heil Ukraine" nonsense. There is a greeting "Slava Ukraini," as I am sure you know: "Glory to Ukraine" and the repsonse is "Glory to the heroes!" This dates to the war of 1917-1921, long before the Nazis came up with their salute and little greeting.

• Agree
Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 22, 2010
✟1,424.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Archer75, will call modders to delete my post again? You wanna give me lesson of Ua history? really?
Just for information - a few generations of my family have graveyards in land of Russian Empire, which are called Ua nowadays... There r good words - dont listen what they say, look what they do.
Small part of doings great current Ua heroes:
https://stihi.ru/pics/2017/08/23/6071.jpg

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Archer75, will call modders to delete my post again? You wanna give me lesson of Ua history? really?
Just for information - a few generations of my family have graveyards in land of Russian Empire, which are called Ua nowadays... There r good words - dont listen what they say, look what they do.
Small part of doings great current Ua heroes:
https://stihi.ru/pics/2017/08/23/6071.jpg
The Russian Empire failed due to mismanagement over a century ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nick1000

Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2018
Pacific Coast - originally from Maine
✟453,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Putin moving toward mobilization. The upper house of the Duma potentially voting on it as early as tomorrow.

Not surprisingly, there will be some shifting in views when the bloviators in Moscow and St. Petersburg who watch the war on Russian State TV or youtube while cheering Putin on start getting called up or their sons start coming home in body bags- if the Russian Army even bothers to collect the body.

The unspoken rule is that this war is supposed to be for the poor kids from Siberia and the Caucuses who want to send a few dollars home. They are supposed to be the cannon fodder. All of this could change very suddenly.

Is this Russia's War or Putin's War? If you are Russian, you might want to be sure to check your mail every day. Your view might change suddenly depending on your morning mail.

Stop the madness. And stop all the licking of Putin's boots and finding excuses for him. He is a war criminal who cares only about his own legacy. Otherwise he has destroyed a good part of Ukraine AND Russia. Russia is now the moral equivalent of ISIS and the Third Reich. He has stolen an entire future from the Russian people and turned Russia into a vassal state of China while Putin beats his chest about how close he and Iran and North Korea are now.

It is disgusting. Turn back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, I wonder what the spokesman on the video would think now since this war has been launched on Ukraine? This was 4 years ago so viewpoints might have changed.

a lot of them did

• Useful
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0