Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Putin also says there are no Russian troops in Ukraine apart from few volunteers that are vacationing there.

There might very well be a vaccine but there is zero reason to just take Putin’s word for it.

Also realistically, what are the chances his daughter would be among the first to get it no matter how promising it would look like in testing ?

Reactions: Xenophon
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
So from what I can find, Russia did approve a vaccine, but the vaccine has only been through stage 1 and stage II testing. Stage I and II can show if a vaccine is promising, but only stage III can really tell if it has ride effectiveness and safety. Russia Approves Coronavirus Vaccine Before Completing Tests

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hopefully, it is safe and effective. It looks like Russia is going to accelerate "Phase III" by using the general or high risk population.

LG does this with its appliances, from my experiences with several of their Refrigerators. IMO,LG must bypass or limit the testing process of R&D yo beat the competition w/"new and improved" products on the market. The customer ends up testing the unit for them with their space, time, and electricity with a great warantee and a higher amount of frustrating inoperable units and service calls in homes. Someone must have calculated that the savings in R&D and the profit of gaining an edge on market introduction was so much more profitable that it was worth frustrating customers with poorer quality products, esp. if the customers were in the western world and your HQ in the communist east.

Maybe Putin's ploy is to use the rest of the world for Phase 3 testing, in reality. Any believers out there?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Putin claims Russia has developed world's first coronavirus vaccine, says his daughter received it

Russia on Tuesday claimed to be the first country in the world to register a coronavirus vaccine, with President Vladimir Putin announcing it is safe for use and that one of his daughters has already been inoculated.

I was just about to post a thread on this before checking. I think there is a good chance that what they have isn't any better than some of the Sars Vaccines that we are testing as potential Covid vaccines, except they are going out of their way to expedite things for the sake of bragging rights and national pride.

Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How long does it take to develop a vaccine?

Moderna reports the development cycle of 4-7 years for an mRNA vaccine as a great advantage of the 10-15 years for a traditional vaccine.

To get a vaccine this quickly, or even a year from now, it's not just red tape being cut, but most of the safety testing. And for what? Is it just going to be standard now to mass test vaccines on human populations (probably end up being mostly Africans or Indians being the first wave of test subjects, that's how the pharma goes)?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Maybe Putin's ploy is to use the rest of the world for Phase 3 testing, in reality. Any believers out there?

I think this this is everyone's ploy. Bill Gates wasn't very comfortable on MSNBC when they asked him about vaccine safety.

Upvote 0