Putin says Gender Swap for Kids is Monsterous

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think one can find much more reasonable people who share that viewpoint without having to cite someone like Putin to try to make a point I would hope.

That's sort of like citing the Ayatollah saying "stealing is wrong and should be punished"

But I think you've missed the actual point. It is if someone as questionable as Putin is found saying that than WHAT IS WRONG with what many consider to be the more reasonable cultures? Why can't their leaders say this???

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
But I think you've missed the actual point. It is if someone as questionable as Putin is found saying that than WHAT IS WRONG with what many consider to be the more reasonable cultures? Why can't their leaders say this???
Another way of looking at it that if all these monsters share my opinion, what if I am also a monster?

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Because reasonable cultures generally now accept LGBT people.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Because reasonable cultures generally now accept LGBT people.

There is a huge difference between acceptance of LGBT people as human beings created in the image of God, and sexually indoctrinating children that there is no biological difference between girls and boys and push them into taking dangerous and irreversible hormones and/or bodily mutilation well before adulthood.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
There is a huge difference between acceptance of LGBT people as human beings created in the image of God, and sexually indoctrinating children that there is no biological difference between girls and boys and push them into taking dangerous and irreversible hormones and/or bodily mutilation well before adulthood.
Nobody that I know of is trying to tell kids that there is no difference between male and female. There are, however, a few people who are exceptions. There are extremists on both sides, of course, but don’t take what you read in conservative rags as representing what normal mainstream acceptance is. It bothers me that even fairly reasonable conservatives seem to believe most of the propaganda that they read.

• Agree
Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Nobody that I know of is trying to tell kids that there is no difference between male and female. There are, however, a few people who are exceptions. There are extremists on both sides, of course, but don’t take what you read in conservative rags as representing what normal mainstream acceptance is. It bothers me that even fairly reasonable conservatives seem to believe most of the propaganda that they read.

I am typically a progressive and an (old-school) feminist, not a conservative, but even I can see that what you are claiming as an exception or extreme has now gone mainstream and people are getting hurt, raped, and killed as a consequence of all the pretending that boys/men are the SAME as girls/women. And children are being irreversibly damaged by hormones and in some cases, mutilation. Was it propaganda that a young girl was recently raped in a bathroom in Loudon County VA by a "gender fluid" boy in a skirt? No, it was not, and there are plenty of other examples of children being directly damaged by policies that refuse to recognize that biological sex is real.

If I were to send a kid to school, I'd like for them to learning subjects such as math and english and how to think critically and have sex education (at appropriate ages) be about how babies are created and how not to get pregnant, but it seems it's not just the religious folk who need to start thinking of homeschool these days.

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I am typically a progressive and an (old-school) feminist, not a conservative, but even I can see that what you are claiming as an exception or extreme has now gone mainstream and people are getting hurt, raped, and killed as a consequence of all the pretending that boys/men are the SAME as girls/women. And children are being irreversibly damaged by hormones and in some cases, mutilation. Was it propaganda that a young girl was recently raped in a bathroom in Loudon County VA by a "gender fluid" boy in a skirt? No, it was not, and there are plenty of other examples of children being directly damaged by policies that refuse to recognize that biological sex is real.

If I were to send a kid to school, I'd like for them to learning subjects such as math and english and how to think critically and have sex education (at appropriate ages) be about how babies are created and how not to get pregnant, but it seems it's not just the religious folk who need to start thinking of homeschool these days.
I've noticed that there's a zillion web sites that publicize every occurrence that will make conservatives mad. In a large country, there are plenty of them. However that's no basis to judge policy decisions. You don't see the NY Times or even CNN publicizing every time a conservative parent throws out their gay kid, or other events like that, though there are occasional articles about the phenomenon. When I see people quoting events like this, it identifies them as readers of such sites. To me that pretty much defines them as conservative.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No one is talking about kids knowing about it, kids need to know many things as they get older, for example don't leave your shopping bag unattended, don't go leave with a stranger. Knowing about something is not the same as being educated into how to do it or to be encouraged into doing it.

Blair White's is a trans woman and a voice of reason with what is happening to children. She agrees that children should not be making these decisions.
Did you even watch those videos or would you rather pretend that this isn't happening? That kids are being pushed into transitioning and now they are trying to detransition but their bodies will never be the same. That poor girl who now has a boys voice, she just wants her voice back, I bet they have a whole host of issues given to them curtsy of the adults who pushed it upon them in the first place.
Doctors, the child parents are the ones that make the decision. But there's nothing wrong with kids learning about it in schools. Which is the whole point. I wont and could care less about the video's . I put that question . Because someone else asked. If they want to see the video's ,they can. I really don't watch videos . Since people can edit videos.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I've noticed that there's a zillion web sites that publicize every occurrence that will make conservatives mad. In a large country, there are plenty of them. However that's no basis to judge policy decisions. You don't see the NY Times or even CNN publicizing every time a conservative parent throws out their gay kid, or other events like that, though there are occasional articles about the phenomenon. When I see people quoting events like this, it identifies them as readers of such sites. To me that pretty much defines them as conservative.

Well since you apparently don't believe me, perhaps you'll believe the words of this life-long Democrat and feminist, and who is also the current President of the U.S. chapter of the Women’s Human Rights Campaign.

"Women and girls all over the world are being harmed by policies that are similar to 8040. For example, a woman in Los Angeles recently encountered a naked man in a supposedly female-only section of a spa, because California has a law in place that is similar to 8040. That woman was with a 9-year-old girl at the time, and that girl was forced to see a naked man in a space that she expected to be open only to women and girls. All across the country, female prisoners are being forced to share locked prison cells with male prisoners, some of whom are convicted sex offenders, on the basis of the male prisoners’ so-called “gender identity.” It has been reported that there are 3 pregnant women in California prisons because of a policy like this. This gives the lie to the notion that “transwomen are women.” Incidents like these are inevitable when governments institute laws and policies such as 8040.

Is the School Board really going to do this to female students in Loudoun County? In an era of “me too,” don’t young women deserve better than this?

Although most people don’t know this, there are countless Democrats all over the country who are furious at our party’s leadership because of policies such as 8040. I hear from them every day."

Feminist Democrat speaks out against Loudoun County School Board...

How many more girls and women (and there have been a lot of them already) are going to be abused and raped while people who are supposedly politically progressive and yammer on about how they are all for women and minorities while at the same time throwing us all right under that bus? And you think compared to that, I might get upset because you called me a conservative and implied I was a liar about my progressive leanings?

Well we "chest feeders" and "bodies with vaginas" refuse to be silent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well since you apparently don't believe me, perhaps you'll believe the words of this life-long Democrat and feminist, and who is also the current President of the U.S. chapter of the Women’s Human Rights Campaign.

"Women and girls all over the world are being harmed by policies that are similar to 8040. For example, a woman in Los Angeles recently encountered a naked man in a supposedly female-only section of a spa, because California has a law in place that is similar to 8040. That woman was with a 9-year-old girl at the time, and that girl was forced to see a naked man in a space that she expected to be open only to women and girls. All across the country, female prisoners are being forced to share locked prison cells with male prisoners, some of whom are convicted sex offenders, on the basis of the male prisoners’ so-called “gender identity.” It has been reported that there are 3 pregnant women in California prisons because of a policy like this. This gives the lie to the notion that “transwomen are women.” Incidents like these are inevitable when governments institute laws and policies such as 8040.

Is the School Board really going to do this to female students in Loudoun County? In an era of “me too,” don’t young women deserve better than this?

Although most people don’t know this, there are countless Democrats all over the country who are furious at our party’s leadership because of policies such as 8040. I hear from them every day."

Feminist Democrat speaks out against Loudoun County School Board...

How many more girls and women (and there have been a lot of them already) are going to be abused and raped while people who are supposedly politically progressive and yammer on about how they are all for women and minorities while at the same time throwing us all right under that bus? And you think compared to that, I might get upset because you called me a conservative and implied I was a liar about my progressive leanings?

Well we "chest feeders" and "bodies with vaginas" refuse to be silent.

It's just another way for men to trample on our rights and the well being of children.
Even worse when women like CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN can't see this and are actually backing the men who are trampling over her own rights.

• Winner
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
It's just another way for men to trample on our rights and the well being of children.
Even worse when women like CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN can't see this and are actually backing the men who are trampling over her own rights.

I've never really been conservative so can't really speak for men on the right, but it seems to me that men on the left are all so wiling and happy to say how much they support us and women's issues, and that they are oooohhh so feminist and progressive, but as soon as there is a choice between the feelings of men and the lives and safety of women, they'll still choose men's feelings over women every single time. Never fails.

• Agree
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've never really been conservative so can't really speak for men on the right, but it seems to me that men on the left are all so wiling and happy to say how much they support us and women's issues, and that they are oooohhh so feminist and progressive, but as soon as there is a choice between the feelings of men and the lives and safety of women, they'll still choose men's feelings over women every single time. Never fails.

I assume when you say conservative you mean that as a political stance. As someone who isn't American it doesn't mean quite the same thing to me. I think more of being conservative in manner or dress or following the Bible. If so I have always been more on the conservative side.
But I am also for equality-and allowing males into female spaces like change rooms and sports is not equality.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I assume when you say conservative you mean that as a political stance. As someone who isn't American it doesn't mean quite the same thing to me. I think more of being conservative in manner or dress or following the Bible. If so I have always been more on the conservative side.
But I am also for equality-and allowing males into female spaces like change rooms and sports is not equality.

Yes, I meant it more as a political stance based on the previous posts, so I'm not sure what the equivalent is in Australia. Would it just be political right? In the U.S., we often use "conservative" or "political right" or "right wing" as basically meaning the same things. Although we also use "conservative" to sometimes describe manner of dress or in being "theologically conservative" even if politically liberal. It can all get pretty confusing!

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I meant it more as a political stance based on the previous posts, so I'm not sure what the equivalent is in Australia. Would it just be political right? In the U.S., we often use "conservative" or "political right" or "right wing" as basically meaning the same things. Although we also use "conservative" to sometimes describe manner of dress or in being "theologically conservative" even if politically liberal. It can all get pretty confusing!

It is complicated because here we don't have such clearly defined large left and right parties and the names are very misleading. The two major parties are the Liberal Party and the Labour party. But the Liberals are now considered to be centre right and Labour is more left... Try and wrap your mind around that. If you look up how it started Liberals were the left and Labour were the right and they shifted over the years. Honestly I think they are both a waste of space and I wont be voting for either one of them. Makes it hard to vote since you can't grantee where 'your party' will stand on any given issue.
Which is probably why we tend to be more passionate about what footy club someone follows than whatever party they vote for. Many people here -including myself- are swinging voters. We change our minds each election based on whatever the parties are campaigning over. A lot of people have had it with the government handling over Covid here if you have heard of the riots and things that have been occuring. Next election will be interesting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
It is complicated because here we don't have such clearly defined large left and right parties and the names are very misleading. The two major parties are the Liberal Party and the Labour party. But the Liberals are now considered to be centre right and Labour is more left... Try and wrap your mind around that. If you look up how it started Liberals were the left and Labour were the right and they shifted over the years. Honestly I think they are both a waste of space and I wont be voting for either one of them. Makes it hard to vote since you can't grantee where 'your party' will stand on any given issue.
Which is probably why we tend to be more passionate about what footy club someone follows than whatever party they vote for. Many people here -including myself- are swinging voters. We change our minds each election based on whatever the parties are campaigning over. A lot of people have had it with the government handling over Covid here if you have heard of the riots and things that have been occuring. Next election will be interesting.

Oh yes, I've been hearing about some of the stuff going on over there. It seems pretty insane.

The Republicans and Democrats did a bit of a switch a few decades ago that seem kind of similar to your two parties. Much of the time I end up registering as unaffiliated with any of the political parties and will probably be going back to unaffiliated from Democrat after our municipal elections on November 2. I've kind of had it too and I can't say at this point how I will vote in the next major election, but I'm very unlikely to support any candidates who are pushing the trans ideology onto everyone among some other things.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It bothers me that even fairly reasonable conservatives seem to believe most of the propaganda that they read.

It bothers me that even fairly reasonable liberals seem to believe most of the propaganda that they read from the MSM

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is forcing children to be transgender. And teaching kid, it's easy to became a different gender. What is being taught if transgender people exist, and should be threated like everyone else. And have rights. Not to beat them.

Forcing, no. Encouraging, yes. And gender dysphoria might not actually be their problem. They might be homosexual. They might be reacting from a trauma that isn't even directly connected to their sexuality (a boy who is being bullied and called a "sissy" might conclude--upon a teacher or parent's suggestion--that he must really be a girl). Or maybe a boy simply likes being "fabulous" yet still likes girls (like Prince), and a girl is just a natural rough-houser but still likes boys (like Gina Carano).

Nobody know any of that when a kid is just five or six or eight or twelve. Yet:

A judge in Texas granted full custody of a nine-year-old boy to his mother, who for the past several years has sought to force the child to be transgender despite protests by the boy’s father.

Anne Georgulas, a pediatrician in Coppell, Texas, was granted full custody on Tuesday to James Younger, her son, by Democrat Judge Mary Brown. Georgulas will assume full responsibility for the boy’s medications, extracurricular activities, education, primary residence, and counseling. The ruling also permits the mother to withhold information regarding Younger’s ” …extracurricular activities, school functions, school enrollment, counseling, and medical care” from the father, Jeff Younger.

Texas Judge Reverses 'Save James' Decision, Gives Mom Who Wants 'Gender Transition' for Boy All Rights | CBN News

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"...Representing what normal mainstream acceptance is" depends on who holds the microphone. A popular and socially powerful magazine touting a transwoman as "Woman of the Year" is a powerful microphone to proclaim "normal mainstream acceptance." The US government itself proclaiming a transwoman as the "first woman" to hold a high office is an even more powerful microphone to proclaim "normal mainstream acceptance."

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But the medical professionals tells a different story.

Jesus tells a different story

Deuteronomy 22:5 King James Version
5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

those that do these things need to repent

Upvote 0