✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I would love to see EU gone,
We-ell, I certainly hold a fair share of fundamental criticism with the way the EU is structured and run: its economic policies favor corporations, neo-liberal sellouts, the dismantling of workers' rights, and the industrialized meat industry - just to mention a few. Its political structures are barely democratic and ineffectual, and so on and so forth.
All of that said, I would not want to see the EU go *as a peace project*. Virtually all of us are too young to remember what a nationalist Europe dominated by hostilities between neighbours looked like, but a short look at history books reveals sufficiently that it was NOT a place where you wanted to be.
Also, I really enjoy being able to travel most of the continent without having to exchange currency or waiting for lengthy border checks.

Nato has no function to fill,
That, I agree with. It's a ridiculous cold-war relic.

And President Putin is cool, calm and collected,
and most certainly not intrested in running Europe.
Yes to the first three, unfortunately no to the last one.
Well, maybe not *running*, but there are other ways of making everyone his female dog.
Murdering former spies in other countries in *really* obvious ways and then letting every protest dissolve ineffectually is a quite obvious demonstration of dominance and power, for example.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
We-ell, I certainly hold a fair share of fundamental criticism with the way the EU is structured and run: its economic policies favor corporations, neo-liberal sellouts, the dismantling of workers' rights, and the industrialized meat industry - just to mention a few. Its political structures are barely democratic and ineffectual, and so on and so forth.
All of that said, I would not want to see the EU go *as a peace project*. Virtually all of us are too young to remember what a nationalist Europe dominated by hostilities between neighbours looked like, but a short look at history books reveals sufficiently that it was NOT a place where you wanted to be.
Also, I really enjoy being able to travel most of the continent without having to exchange currency or waiting for lengthy border checks.

That, I agree with. It's a ridiculous cold-war relic.

Yes to the first three, unfortunately no to the last one.
Well, maybe not *running*, but there are other ways of making everyone his female dog.
Murdering former spies in other countries in *really* obvious ways and then letting every protest dissolve ineffectually is a quite obvious demonstration of dominance and power, for example.

I do not know about murder of former spies,
but the Skripal case was too "Obvious".

A setup it would seem,

Directly after fingerpointing toward Russia,
Sanctions, expelling of diplomats.

If anyone wanted the Skripals out of the way it could have been done much more discreetly.

Novochock, yeah, that,s Russian, so it must have been Russiia.

Who shoots someone and then leaves gun with fingerprints on?

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Who shoots someone and then leaves gun with fingerprints on?
Somebody who knows they're untouchable, like the Saudi prince who sent a kill squad (with a bone saw) to Turkey in a private jet to murder a pesky journalist. The case is clear, yet nobody wants to alienate the Saudis.

• Agree
Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The People of The United States should encourage Trump to work with Putin.

All other recent American presidents have but, when Trump simply says hi to Putin the left screams -- SECRET BROMANCE or TRUMP'S PUTIN'S HOUNDDOG. The left is getting more out of touch with the American public each and every day.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All other recent American presidents didn't get into office after Russia meddled with the election (or refused to ratify sanctions after such an attack became known). So yeah, there is a difference.

It has been said that President Trump has put more sanctions on Russia than any other president in the recent past.

Now that sure don't sound like no Bromance to me and the goats are shaking their heads.

Trump should invite Putin to Camp David.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
It has been said that President Trump has put more sanctions on Russia than any other president in the recent past.

Now that sure don't sound like no Bromance to me and the goats are shaking their heads.

M-Bob

Sanctions on Russia?
The US puts sanctions on any country that does not play ball with them.

Latest, American Ambassador to Germany has reminded the big German companies that are involved in Northstream 2,

threatened with sanctions,

which is outrageous in itself.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

The liar in chief made that claim.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Christians are all over Putin now that he's shaping up to be some sort of imperial revivalist. Building up a fresh new Russian identity as radicial traditional Orthodoxy takes it's a place in center stage of Russian society again. I guess authoritarianism is fine as long as it's the right religion....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟723,372.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The ONLY person saying that is Trump. Everyone else knows better. Well... it seems not everyone.

Trump does not like going to Camp David.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump does not like going to Camp David.

Somebody on the left told the goats that Trump will show up there if Putin meets him there.

It's a strong bromance.

M-Bob

• Haha
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think its well established that Trump says whatever he wants for his CYA strategy. Fewer people are believing him nowadays.

His chances of reelection are very strong at this time. More people employed than ever. To some of us that really matters.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
His chances of reelection are very strong at this time. More people employed than ever. To some of us that really matters.
M-Bob
Coasting on the Obama-era economic upswing - for now. Virtually everything Trump touched has been a wholesale disaster.

I mean, honestly? Trump tried to take credit for economic growth from the moment he was elected, before he had even done anything apart from smiling at the camera. He is a self-aggrandising nincompoop with the mental prowess of a ten-year old.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Coasting on the Obama-era economic upswing - for now. Virtually everything Trump touched has been a wholesale disaster.

I mean, honestly? Trump tried to take credit for economic growth from the moment he was elected, before he had even done anything apart from smiling at the camera. He is a self-aggrandising nincompoop with the mental prowess of a ten-year old.

There's probably (not one) Economist that believes that.

Obama a legacy that's going down the tubes.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
There's probably (not one) Economist that believes that.
1.That's not how brackets are used.
1.2 That's also not how capitalisation works, unless you are talking about the newspaper of that name.

2. Don't believe me, believe the facts:
Plenty of those to be had here.

3. The only tangible economic effect demonstrably and tangibly linked to the Trump administration is the giant tax cut, which
a) pushes the budget deficit to the historic heights of $833 BILLION, basically buying a moment's bonfire by burning down the future (to which Trump remarked, uncharacteristically honestly: "Yeah, but I won’t be here [when it blows up.]")
b) all but cripples the state in every conceivable venue, from education over infrastructure to social expenses (with the exception of the military budget, which balloons to ridiculous proportions).
c) benefits the rich and doesn't do anything for the average American citizen, as most corporations do not spend their extra profit on higher wages or new jobs, but on personal gain for the 1%.

Upvote 0

andy b

Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Oh. Oh my.

I'll try to keep this civil, but I *do* feel that you've got to live in some bizarre alternate universe to describe either the murderous dictator from Russia or the callous billionaire con man from New York a "Christian ally".
What is this assessment based on? Their stance on LGBT*? It certainly cannot be their social policies, their racism (nope, not gonna use "white nationalism" as some watered down euphemism for what is clearly the same old brownshirt), as these so clearly clash with EVERYTHING the Bible has to say on these matters. And it also cannot be their personal conduct, which could hardly be less Christian if they made an active and deliberate effort to violate Christian values. As a business man, a private person AND a head of state, Trump has acted against pretty much everything Christianity teaches and stands for. But this is a thread about Putin, so let's go there.

Why are Americans against Putin? Probably for the same reasons as many Europeans:
he is a fascist "strong man" whose opponents more often than not get "randomly" murdered in the streets or die under mysterious circumstances. If the Russian government even tries to genuinely mask their involvement, that is.
Remember the former spy who was murdered with Polonium in the UK, roughly a decade ago?
His murderer has been identified by the investigation: a certain Andrey Lugovoy. Guess what happened with that guy?
He's holding a political office in Russia now, AND he was rewarded an Order of Merit by Putin in 2015.

This alone should suffice to make sure that every non-fascist rejects Putin as a murderous autocrat, but US-Americans have even more reason to do so, as the Russian meddling in the US presidential election is undisputed at this point.

Upvote 0

andy b

Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Trump and Putin are the champions Christianity needs???

Desperate times, I guess.
Hero's are seldom what they seem .......Putin saved the Christans of Syria ( fact )I know we live in an age where standing up for Christians under persecution isn't hip ....I mean there are more important things like Japan killing whales or fracking I mean it's only the middle East thet are not really Christans ......Putin has done more Christans in the world than any other person .....but like I say cowards will find any verse to hide behind while defenders of faith won't ..........

Upvote 0