US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As posted earlier Actually, James 2:10-11 says nothing about 613, Circumcision, meats, feast days. It is talking specially about Gods' 10 commandments and if we break anyone of them (including God's 4th commandment) we stand guilty before God of sin. Here is what the scripture actually says so there is no hiding with this one as the context and subject matter is specifically Gods 10 commandments..

I don't recall James specifically mentioning the 10 words in this passage (Let alone the Sabbath, the subject of this thread.)

What translation are you using?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
True, James says James 2:10-11 [10], For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], FOR HE THAT SAID, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, SAID ALSO, DO NOT KILL. NOW IF YOU COMMIT NO ADULTERY, YET IF YOU KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF THE LAW.
Your trying to make the scriptures say something it is not teaching. Subject matter is God's 10 commandments not animal sacrifices and sin offerings in an earthly Sanctuary under the Levitical Priesthood fulfilled in Christ under the new covenant.

So do you really believe that is all that is required of me to fulfill the Torah, abstain from adultery and murder?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall James specifically mentioning the 10 words in this passage (Let alone the Sabbath, the subject of this thread.)
What translation are you using?

James says James 2:10-11 [10], For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], FOR HE THAT SAID, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, SAID ALSO, DO NOT KILL. NOW IF YOU COMMIT NO ADULTERY, YET IF YOU KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF THE LAW.
Your trying to make the scriptures say something it is not teaching. Subject matter is God's 10 commandments not animal sacrifices and sin offerings in an earthly Sanctuary under the Levitical Priesthood fulfilled in Christ under the new covenant (see John 1:29' 34; Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So do you really believe that is all that is required of me to fulfill the Torah, abstain from adultery and murder?
Read the rest of the scripture. You break any one of them (context and subject matter is Gods' 10 commandments) you are become a transgressor of the law. It is not hard now if you read what is said in the scriptures. Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4). What is wrong with you people wanting to read into the scriptures what the scriptures do not say or teach?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
James says James 2:10-11 [10], For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11], FOR HE THAT SAID, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, SAID ALSO, DO NOT KILL. NOW IF YOU COMMIT NO ADULTERY, YET IF YOU KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF THE LAW.
Your trying to make the scriptures say something it is not teaching.

It seems that you're projecting.

Subject matter is God's 10 commandments not animal sacrifices and sin offerings in an earthly Sanctuary under the Levitical Priesthood fulfilled in Christ under the new covenant (see John 1:29' 34; Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22).

James didn't write any of those books. I thought that you wanted to keep the focus on the book of James. If not, why did you dismiss all of the scripture that I provided earlier?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It seems that you're projecting.
James didn't write any of those books. I thought that you wanted to keep the focus on the book of James. If not, why did you dismiss all of the scripture that I provided earlier?
For starters you did not provide any scripture that supported your position to what I was saying. In your view, you say I am projecting by reading the scriptures verbatim? Well I am happy doing this as it is what Gods' Word says. Your trying to read into the scriptures what the scriptures do not say and do not teach.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Read the rest of the scripture. You break any one of them (context and subject matter is Gods' 10 commandments) you are become a transgressor of the law. It is not hard now if you read what is said in the scriptures. Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4). What is wrong with you people wanting to read into the scriptures what the scriptures do not say or teach?

I think that my Messiah summed it up quite succinctly.

(CLV) Lk 16:17
Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I see, so in your view, I am projecting by reading the scriptures verbatim? Well I am happy doing this as it is what Gods' Word says.

Did you go back and read the ones that I posted before you began digressing, the ones where you claimed that I was digressing, the ones that dismantle your argument?

If you wish to digress; let's start there.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think that my Messiah summed it up quite succinctly. (CLV) Lk 16:17Yet it is easier for heaven and earth to pass by than for one serif of the law to fall.
My Messiah did as well when he told us; For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people and they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. (Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27; see also John 1:29' 34; Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22). We are in the new covenant now not the old covenant according to the scriptures. Jesus is God's sacrifice for the sins of the world once and for all and now ministers on our behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary as our new High Priest based on better promises. Time to leave the shadow HARK! Christ has now arrived.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Did you go back and read the ones that I posted before you began digressing, the ones where you claimed that I was digressing, the ones that dismantle your argument? If you wish to digress; let's start there.
Sorry we will agree to disagree. I thought that was what you were doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people and they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

When did this happen? Are you trying to teach me something? If so, why would you feel the need to teach any man?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When did this happen? Are you trying to teach me something? If so, why would you feel the need to teach any man?
Gods Spirit speaks through Gods' Word. Many however seek to know Gods' Word through the teachings and traditions of men.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Gods Spirit speaks through Gods' Word. Many seek to know Gods' Word however through the teachings and traditions of men.

I prefer scripture, to the teachings of men. If a spirit comes with a message that contradicts scripture; I reject that spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not according to Yahshua.

This is dogma. Dogma came to an end a Calvary.

Here is a clue:

(CLV) Lk 24:44
Now He said to them, "These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me."

The Torah has not been fully fulfilled. The best is yet to come.
Concerning Me. Sure there is more to come. Matt 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Is it your contention that Jesus didn't do what He came to do???

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Concerning Me. Sure there is more to come. Matt 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Is it your contention that Jesus didn't do what He came to do???

Not at all. Is it your contention that Yahshua will not come again to complete the next step in his work?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not at all. Is it your contention that Yahshua will not come again to complete the next step in his work?
All things have been fulfilled, the law and the prophets.

Luke 21:22
Because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled.

John 17:12
While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

John 19:28
After this, Jesus, knowing that all things had already been accomplished, to fulfill the Scripture, said, “I am thirsty.”

• Winner
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never "debate a video" -- I prefer actual points made in a discussion thread.

But to the point of this thread - is about the Sabbath... might be a good idea to stay on topic.

SDAs were initially "first day Adventists" -- and did not keep the Bible Sabbath until some Seventh-day Baptist members brought the issue to the attention of a few key leaders in the Adventist church.

IF your point is that you think Seventh-day Baptists got all their information about the Sabbath from Ellen White and then contacted Adventists to get them to accept the Bible Sabbath - well you might want to make that argument with a bit more clarity on this "purpose of the Sabbath" thread. Because as it is now there are a lot of other groups other than Seventh-day Adventists keeping the Bible Sabbath which includes Messianic Jews, Seventh-day Baptists and many others.

That was a real flamboyant reply to a post that was directed at someone else. I get the idea you want to keep EGW off to the side in the background and act like her influence was minimal, but the person I was addressing seems more inclined to give her top billing as "our prophetess".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm still on this planet.

He came to fulfill the law and the prophets. When did Yahshua fulfill all of the law?

The renewed covenant picked up where the Mosaic covenant left off. The law is the same. Let's not conflate the Torah with the Brit. It's a common mistake.

Nonsense

It's a renewed covenant.
Galatians 6:15
For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Romans 7:6
But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Ephesians 2:15
By abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the law of commandments contained in decrees, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace.

Hebrews 8:13
When He said, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Hebrews 9:15
For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Hebrews 10:20
By a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh.

Hebrews 12:24
And to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0