• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Puritan buffs please read

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by sola fide, Feb 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sola fide

sola fide neo-Puritan

+6
    Calvinist
    Ok, I'm really needing some help.
    If anyone who reads this has the book "the Genius of Puritanism", could you please do me a huge favor.
    I need a quote from it, but don't have time to get a copy before I need it.

The quote is by John Rogers, and it is him asking God not to take away His word. I can't find the quote anywhere on the internet.

If you have the book would you please post that quote on this thread.

I would really appreciate it, blessings will be in order ;)

Grace and Peace.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. PatrickM

PatrickM What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????

+83
    Non-Denom
    Don't know if this will help. "Sketches from Church History", S.M. Houghton, Banner of Truth Trust publishing, 1980, page 154. He quotes Puritan John Howe's eye-witness description of John Rogers' sermon where he (Rogers) "personated the Lord in order render his reproofs more impressive."

"Next he (Rogers, my insert) takes up the Bible from its cushion, and seemed as if he were going away with it, and carrying it from them; but immediately he turns again, and personates the people to God, falls down on his knees, cries and pleads most earnestly, 'Lord, whatsoever Thou dost to us, take not Thy Bible from us; kill our children, burn our houses, destroy our goods; only spare us Thy Bible, only take not away Thy Bible.'

3. PatrickM

PatrickM What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????

+83
    Non-Denom
  4. sola fide

sola fide neo-Puritan

+6
    Calvinist
    Blessings, blessings. Thank you very much! That's the quote I was talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.