Northern Cambria
✟23,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone. My name’s Chance. I’ve posted here before but for the last few days my faith has taken the biggest nosedive I’ve ever had. My faith went from something beautiful into something foul. I feel hopeless and empty. I was listening to some online preachers on YouTube and it destroyed my faith.

My faith is very delicate already but this is literally just about to push me over the edge.

It’s not just the videos, I’ve only had fleeting moments of peace in my life with God. But according to what I’ve seen,those emotions don’t matter. Our feelings are all lies and sinful and our happiness doesn’t matter. God doesn’t care about it. The devil answers most of the prayers, according to others and can come as an angel of light. God sends great delusions. God tests us constantly. God very easily rejects us if we fall. God sends lying spirits.....it goes on and on. So, if that’s the case, then how in the world do we actually even remotely trust him. It even says that God won’t answer our prayers under numerous circumstances and that If we don’t seek him early enough, not only will we not find him, but he actually laughs at us. How is that Hood or Just. All these people who I have listened to for years tell me that literally everything is a sin. If you have scrupulosity, you should even listen to that. Which is ridiculous. You can’t be friends with anyone worldly or have anything to do with the world. Which goes as far as giving up on love, not loving friends or family, and literally not doing anything in the world. Even prayer and reading the Bible can be sinful. It even says that if the righteous are rarely saved, then what is the fate of sinners? Then it says in the Bible that few will be saved. And that not everyone who says lord lord is one of his Children.

So, if that’s the case and if every sin can get you into hell and that we have to obey all the laws in the Bible perfectly, then what was the point of Christ. What’s the point of God. I even asked that and someone said that even the people who are going to hell can still help others??? So, if God can’t save everyone and if y the people who strive to get into Heaven end up in hell and only the very few people(1-1000, according to someone who is a worldwide preacher)then what use is God? Every emotion, thought, or even illness is either a punishment from God or the result of sin. Which makes me feel condemned, hopeless, and very close to just giving up on God. I mean, if I have the choice to go through “many tribulations” for a 2% Chance at Heaven, or to at least have some fun before I die, I honestly am considering the latter. According to everyone, God is just a jealous, uncaring, uncompassionate, angry, control freak and he’s just looking for a reason to throw us away. And the Bible seems to support it. But then the Bible seems to say the opposite. And so do a bunch of other Christians. There are some who say that every holiday is a sin. Some that say. We have to keep the Old Testament laws. And some that say it’s our love that counts. I’m in utter confusion please help me.

God bless you

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Chance. It sounds like you're suffering from sermon overload. I have to drive a lot for work and often listen to sermon after sermon for hour after hour. A lot of sermons are written to challenge us and inspire us to try harder. They want us to examine ourselves, and too much of that self examination isn't always a good thing. One of the first verses I sort of memorized was, paraphrasing here, 'don't be tossed too and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine.' (Still happens to me but I always recover) And just meditate on this verse for a while:
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart; and you will find rest. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Peace and Merry Christmas. It's going to be okay.

Upvote 0

JazzHands

Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2018
Merseyside
✟59,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone. My name’s Chance. I’ve posted here before but for the last few days my faith has taken the biggest nosedive I’ve ever had. My faith went from something beautiful into something foul. I feel hopeless and empty. I was listening to some online preachers on YouTube and it destroyed my faith.

My faith is very delicate already but this is literally just about to push me over the edge.

It’s not just the videos, I’ve only had fleeting moments of peace in my life with God. But according to what I’ve seen,those emotions don’t matter. Our feelings are all lies and sinful and our happiness doesn’t matter. God doesn’t care about it. The devil answers most of the prayers, according to others and can come as an angel of light. God sends great delusions. God tests us constantly. God very easily rejects us if we fall. God sends lying spirits.....it goes on and on. So, if that’s the case, then how in the world do we actually even remotely trust him. It even says that God won’t answer our prayers under numerous circumstances and that If we don’t seek him early enough, not only will we not find him, but he actually laughs at us. How is that Hood or Just. All these people who I have listened to for years tell me that literally everything is a sin. If you have scrupulosity, you should even listen to that. Which is ridiculous. You can’t be friends with anyone worldly or have anything to do with the world. Which goes as far as giving up on love, not loving friends or family, and literally not doing anything in the world. Even prayer and reading the Bible can be sinful. It even says that if the righteous are rarely saved, then what is the fate of sinners? Then it says in the Bible that few will be saved. And that not everyone who says lord lord is one of his Children.

So, if that’s the case and if every sin can get you into hell and that we have to obey all the laws in the Bible perfectly, then what was the point of Christ. What’s the point of God. I even asked that and someone said that even the people who are going to hell can still help others??? So, if God can’t save everyone and if y the people who strive to get into Heaven end up in hell and only the very few people(1-1000, according to someone who is a worldwide preacher)then what use is God? Every emotion, thought, or even illness is either a punishment from God or the result of sin. Which makes me feel condemned, hopeless, and very close to just giving up on God. I mean, if I have the choice to go through “many tribulations” for a 2% Chance at Heaven, or to at least have some fun before I die, I honestly am considering the latter. According to everyone, God is just a jealous, uncaring, uncompassionate, angry, control freak and he’s just looking for a reason to throw us away. And the Bible seems to support it. But then the Bible seems to say the opposite. And so do a bunch of other Christians. There are some who say that every holiday is a sin. Some that say. We have to keep the Old Testament laws. And some that say it’s our love that counts. I’m in utter confusion please help me.

God bless you
Chance7,

I feel for you, I had a similar conflict in the past and I know how terribly confusing, even overwhelming in can seem. My only advice is, take a step back, regather your composure, distract yourself for while as your mind effectively deals with the backlog of cerebral demands you've placed on it.

And above all, have 'faith', not as a wishy-washy ephemerality but as a genuine, overarching desire to assert control. The break-though for me came when I decided that I would start from the premise that:

a) God, as seen in his works of creation is not just 'good' but supremely benevolent
b) That the bible is his 'word' and such, represents that same benevolent purpose
c) That no one alive today was witness to its creation and is therefore not an authority

I know that many biblical scholars and theologians alike will admonish my propensity for subjective scriptural interpretation but I've found a lot of reassuring and enlightening insights into the world and the nature of the human condition simply by maintaining a positive mindset.

Stay strong Chance7!

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

God bless you

Sounds like you have watched a few too many youtube videos, bro.

When people say this or that, check it with the Bible. Read what your Bible says, and see if it matches.

There is a whole passage in the Bible in Acts 21, talking about how the Gentiles (non-jews) didn't have to follow all the old testament laws.

So when people say you have to follow all this OT stuff, just go read your Bible in Acts 21, and think ... no, I don't. That is what G-d's word says.

And by the way, don't argue with those people. You won't convince them. Just trust the word of G-d, and ignore them.

As for avoiding all sin, or else you are going to hell....

What does the Bible say?
"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Romans 10:9. Find your Bible and read that to yourself. If you believe that Jesus is raised from the dead, and you openly admit that Jesus Christ is in fact your Lord.... then you will be saved.

Do you believe? Do you accept? Then you will be saved. So everyone that starts saying this and that to you.... read Romans 10:9. Do you believe? Do you accept? Then you will be saved.

As for people who say Lord Lord... Let us read it together.

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'​
Matthew 7:34

So clearly he's talking about people who say they believe in Jesus, but don't act like it. If you lie to people.... is that what someone following Jesus does? If you defraud, or slander people, or gossip about others, or steal, or assault, have sex with people you are not married to, or anything else of that nature..... is that what someone following Jesus does?

Now obviously, I'm not talking about saying a lie that just slipped out. I'm talking about if you are living your life with evil. I've met people, that even to this day, if they called me up and told me it was warm and sunny outside, I'd check the weather channel before believing them, because they lie about everything. You can't trust them.

What is your reputation? Does everyone think you make up stories that never happened, so you have something interesting to say at a party? I know a guy that does that ALL THE TIME. He's liar! Are you?

I know a guy that borrows a dollar, says he'll pay me back, and never does. If I ask him, "I'll get you back next week". Is that you?

Bottom line.... if someone were to take you to court, and accuse you of being a Christian, would they be able to convict you? Are you living your life, as a Christian should?

Perfect? Never. But are you living your life in a way that Jesus would say "You do what I ask you to".

And let me add this one last thing. Jesus is not setting up a system, to get you kicked out. Think about this. Jesus endured death on a cross. Why would he go through that pain and suffering, only to turn around and try and trip everyone up, so they can't go to heaven?

So if you understand that he's not up there trying to figure out how to cause you to fail... then you don't need to be so worried. He's not going to demand so much from you that you are doomed. If you believe that... then be calm. Follow the Lord. And stop fearing. Read your Bible. It will not lead you to a bad place. Youtube videos might. Might want to cut back on those. :)

Upvote 0

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟33,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are listening to the wrong people straight up! Yes there are many sins Christs love washes us white as snow with Him even though life will not always be easy if we let Him He will be our Comforter Our Peace our Teacher not an angry judgement all God the judgement is for those who do not follow love Him enough to follow.

Reactions: JazzHands
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God bless you

It seems you have a lot of wrong ideas about God.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:2-5
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:12-18

The Lord did not say we are not to have friends but we are not supposed to love anyone more than Him. That's idolatry. Try it and you will find out yourself. No human can compare with God. At some point they will fail you.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stop the YouTube watching .
Anyone would go crazy if you believed a fraction of what is on there under the guise of "Christian preaching".

Read your Bible quietly and thoughtfully, pray for understanding of Gods word and pray to God about whatever is on your mind.

Above all trust God alone.

He is the only one who will never let you down.

Take some time out with just Him and you.
He will never lead you astray.
God bless you with His peace and wisdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Chance. As you have seen, there is a bit of a trend among the answers you have been given already on this forum. If I were to summarize their message, it would be for you to be careful about whom you are listening to.

While that may be a tricky assignment, I would advise taking care not to put "someone said" and the claims of religious groups that are way out of the mainstream of Christianity on the same level as the major, long established churches/denominations and their members.

Upvote 0

Brennenstuhl

Dec 13, 2016
Bowling Green, Kentucky
✟11,527.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
"And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers." Luke 11:46

It seems you've been listening to the very type of people who crucified Jesus in the first place. Even in the Era of the Law, there was much that the Pharisees and Lawyers said must be done, but was not the case. Like washing your hands before you eat. Feels free to look through many of the conversations with the Pharisees, and you'll see Jesus condemns people who add the Law of Man to the Law of God. Mind you, this was in an Era where God DID have a lot of specific demands.

And then Jesus died on the cross, ending the Era of the Law, and ushering in the Era of Grace. God doesn't answer prayers? The very fact the veil in the Temple was torn was a sign from God that people were now welcome into his presence. He may not fulfill every prayer, but he certainly does more good than the Devil does! If he laughs at your prayers, it is the laugh of a father when his child asks for him to buy him a fire truck.

The Laws were meant as a symbol that man cannot measure up to an all-good God. Now, sins are forgiven by accepting Christ as your Lord and Savior. Even most Christian denominations that embrace works into their doctrines, like Catholics, offer forgiveness for sins - that's why they have confession as a tenet. If works were the criteria for Heaven, Paul the Apostle, John, Mother Teresa, and every Pope since the beginning of the Catholic Church wouldn't measure up, for all fall short of the glory of God. An old, retired Baptist pastor told me that the Devil likes to make the children of God doubt their salvation.

In truth, the truly sinful one in the argument are the ones trying to pass strict, false teachings to you. If anything, people telling you that God sends lying spirits and the Devil answers prayers to help is blasphemy. And do you honestly think the people trying to teach you measure up to their own standards? If they say they do, I tell you, they have committed either the sin of Pride or are attempting to deceive you. Their teachings about Heaven come from Hell.

Have you accepted Jesus into your as your Lord and Savior? Then you need not worry. If not? You know what to do.

Upvote 0

JazzHands

Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2018
Merseyside
✟59,314.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Great answers guys.. it always warms my heart seeing the community pull together.

Thank you all so much. I appreciate it more than you may know
You're most welcome Chance7 and keeps your spirits up. Thank you for confiding, that was brave! :)

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God bless you
We are supposed to love everyone. As far as everything else you said goes, my advice would be to stop listening to preachers, and stop listening to those thoughts in your head, and instead meditate on love, peace and joy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God bless you
I've had a similar experience to what you are sharing, in my own walk with Christ. I am not saying this in vain just to get you to listen to me... No, I actually felt, tasted, experienced the same emotions you are going through. Now, I can confidently say that I have been freed from that mental confusion and from the fear that plaqued my life.

How did I get out of it?

Jesus... That is the bottom line. Not only the name of Jesus (though it is important); what really gave me strength to overcome the delusions and tricks that the devil threw at me, was to be well grounded in the teachings of Jesus.

Jesus concluded His famous 'Sermon on the Mount' by saying these words,

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

I realized that Jesus' teachings were so rock solid, that nothing could shake me of my faith after that point. Jesus' saying is true... my house can't fall. It didn't matter what other scribes or pharisees would say to me (like those on YouTube) to try and shake my faith in Jesus, because I was following and listening to the one that spoke with THE authority from God. Most people come in their own name as Jesus prophesied to try and get people to follow their authority. You will be able to tell the difference between these two authorities in a heartbeat, once you start listening to God's voice.

Once we realized how powerful Jesus' words are, then we can fully grasp the concept that Jesus IS the Word of God! Everything He says are words coming straight out of the God Almighty's mouth!

Jesus really comes alive to you. I pray you can experience the same revelation that all Christians from the day of His appearance to this Earth, and many years after His ascension to heaven got to experience...

In peace

• Winner
Upvote 0