sean91

Nov 3, 2016
texas
✟15,209.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I grew up in a christian family as a kid, my parents divorced when I was 17. I started smoking weed daily thinking It was making things better, little did I know It was the worst thing I could have ever done. I became so consumed, by 20 i started smoking dabs which took me even further into the darkness, I worked numerous jobs, I stayed broke all the time. After hitting rock bottom one day, with no food in the fridge, no work in sight, I broke down, I started to really think about my life, and what purpose I serve. It had been years since I had prayed but I broke down and started praying, "God please show me a different life, take this addiction and lifestyle from me, show me the path you have paved for me". Immediately I could feel his presence, I could feel my anxiety and pain being lifted from me, I opened my eyes and was shocked to see how much things lit up. It was as if I was renewed inside and out. I could feel the change within my heart. I went to sleep that night and woke up the next morning to a phone call from my former boss letting me know he had 2 months of work for me, I couldn't believe my ears. I got out of bed with the most motivation I ever had, the most strength I've ever had. From that day on I've had a burning desire in my heart to spread the word of Christ. I read my bible daily, I pray morning and night. I completely lost all desire to drink or smoke over night, It's truly amazing how he took all of that from me, I depended on weed so heavily and would have never thought I would go a day without. He took my old life and threw it away and handed me a brand new life, I became a man that day, I look back on my old self and cry. I've realized how he's been here for me all this time carrying me through all the damage I've done to myself and I didn't even acknowledge him. I turn 25 November 18th, It's a shame it took me 25 years to find God. I'm just truly amazed how he has lit me up like a Christmas tree. I went from nothing to wide awake, happy to just have 1 more day to seek his plan. I'm a tough man that's been through a lot but tears roll down my cheeks as I write this, I'll stop my ramble here to say a prayer for you all! God bless!

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
God works in amazng ways amen. Now it is important that you stay on that path and get in fellowship. Otherwise, it will be very easy to fall back into your old life after a time. I am not trying to be negitive whether trying to help you understand that this is the beginning of a new life and not the end where you just relax. God is great. ( which Bible translation do you use some are better than others for beginners as well as some books (of the Bible are better starting places than others.

Upvote 0

sean91

Nov 3, 2016
texas
✟15,209.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God works in amazng ways amen. Now it is important that you stay on that path and get in fellowship. Otherwise, it will be very easy to fall back into your old life after a time. I am not trying to be negitive whether trying to help you understand that this is the beginning of a new life and not the end where you just relax. God is great. ( which Bible translation do you use some are better than others for beginners as well as some books (of the Bible are better starting places than others.
I have the KJV, I feel as if I have backslid a little in the past few weeks, but also at the same time im not sure if its considered backsliding or its just my emotions making me feel that way, I'm having a hard time telling the difference between the two. I pray daily and seek him 24/7 but I kind of feel like that happiness I felt months ago is tapering off, Is that normal? I think I might just be over analyzing it all..

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have the KJV, I feel as if I have backslid a little in the past few weeks, but also at the same time im not sure if its considered backsliding or its just my emotions making me feel that way, I'm having a hard time telling the difference between the two. I pray daily and seek him 24/7 but I kind of feel like that happiness I felt months ago is tapering off, Is that normal? I think I might just be over analyzing it all..
I would suggest either buying or reading online the NIV or either the New King James Version. The reason is that it tends to be easier to understand just for the simple fact that the lanuage has been updated from the 1600s. I mean the KJV is a Bible and if you can read and understand it great, but it just may be helpful to have a more modern version. As for if it is normal you will have seasons where you are more "on fire" than others somewhere between Satan trying to stop you and just general life. There are people who have been a Christian for fifty and sixty years and I can promise you they have not always had the exect same zeal for Christ that whole time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sean91

Nov 3, 2016
texas
✟15,209.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would suggest either buying or reading online the NIV or either the New King James Version. The reason is that it tends to be easier to understand just for the simple fact that the lanuagehas been updated from the 1600s. I mean the KJV is a Bible and if you can read and understand it great, but it just may be helpful to have a more modern version. As for if it is normal you will have seasons where you are more "on fire" than others somewhere between Satan trying to stop you and just general life. There are people who have been a Christian for fifty and sixty years and I can promise you they have not always had the exect same zeal for Christ that whole time.
Ok, I will look into the NKJV, I really appreciate you taking your time to help me!

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,847.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The video below is on the testimony of George Clark Rankin back in the 1860's. The story is dear to me because I picked up my salvation in the same methods.

"During these forty-five long years, with their alternations of sunshine and shadow, daylight and darkness, success and failure, rejoicing and weeping, fears within and fightings without, I have never ceased to thank God for that autumnal day in the long ago when my name was registered in the Lamb's Book of Life." - George Clark Rankin

The story is here...

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-life-of-george-clark-rankin.7757196/

And, as said, I made a video out of it...

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok, I will look into the NKJV, I really appreciate you taking your time to help me!
You are welcome. I spend way too much time online anyway. May as well do something productive lol.

Upvote 0