• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Publisher drops Central Park Five prosecutor Linda Fairstein

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Jun 9, 2019.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    Publisher drops Central Park Five prosecutor Linda Fairstein
    Better late than never.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,378
    Catholic
    Single
    Good. But I hope she goes to jail.

I did watch When They See Us on Netflix and it was hard to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,614
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    What do you do with the African-American gun toting Bible loving freedom espousing men who fly the confederate flag on the handlebar of their bikes? You generalize so much you have only a strawman.

Sure, you can find examples of such idiots as you describe. But you don't know the heart of man. You don't even know your own heart.

4. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+8,383
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Sure you know what she DID but you don't know what was in her heart while she was doing it...

5. SummerMadness

+11,577
    Catholic
    Methinks the reply has nothing to with the thread and is more to do with being unable to differentiate a post from a signature.

After watching the film, I think we can give Felicity Huffman some time served/off for revealing a true evil in our criminal justice system.

6. variant

variant Happy Cat

+5,825
    Agnostic
    Single
    Who cares? What she did was bad enough, and she did it in the guise of being a public servant.

Ruining peoples lives isn't something we should take lightly.

7. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+8,383
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Tongue in cheek. Sorry

8. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,378
    Catholic
    Single
    I have to say though, this evil justice system isn't just in the USA (but i guess that doesn't matter).

I think Linda Fairstein should go to jail, as well the police/detectives in the investigation room who coheres (and beaten) these kids into falsely admitting to a crime they didn't commit. Other than a violation of human rights, shouldn't this also be child abuse?

9. SummerMadness

+11,577
    Catholic
    I think what's worse is she is still trying to argue that these kids did the crime, it's now pure obtuseness motivating her.

10. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,646
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    I am unfamiliar with the case. so I can't comment rationally about it or whether firing the novelist because of what she did prior to becoming a novelist makes sense in this particular circumstance. I am also unfamiliar with the miniseries that was mentioned but as I don't think basing one's opinion of a case based upon what is portrayed in a miniseries makes good sense, I wouldn't find being familiar with a mini series as useful in ferreting out actual facts. I sincerely hope people are expressing their opinions based on factual information from sources other than a mini series.

11. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,378
    Catholic
    Single
    I suggest you watch it and then do a bit of research, then come back. But yes, it is very hard to watch.

12. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+5,646
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others

I don't see how watching the miniseries would be useful. The research certainly would be educational and I could give an educated opinion if I did so but by the time I were to become sufficiently knowledgeable on the topic this thread will have long been forgotten. My opinion on the subject is hardly necessary as there are a number of people already engaged that have knowledge of the case.

13. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on... Supporter

+3,337
    United States
    Christian
    Married

And what did she do, exactly?

14. Sistrin

+3,337
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    For what? Having an opinion?

You saw it on television, therefore it must be true. Well, propaganda is designed to influence the masses.

This subject has been discussed on these forums a number of times before. All that is going on here is another segment of the continuing effort to retry the case of the central park five in the court of public opinion. For example, this line from the cited article, quote:

"...were arrested and interrogated for hours without access to lawyers or their parents."

is a flat out lie. According to the case files and NYPD records the parents were present during questioning. But never let the truth interfere with virtue signaling.

15. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,378
    Catholic
    Single
    An "opinion" that stole the youth of a bunch of kids?

This is a completely silly reply you made. You think this Netflix series is the only source of info i'm talking? The movie and the documentary by Ken Burns shows the parents present during that, the fact is they where not present through out the entirety of it. Please don't make silly replies like this on me again. I'd appreciate it.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  16. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,378
    Catholic
    Single
    Try it out anyway. I don't understand how anyone sane can't understand how a woman who prosecuted and successfully stole a number of years off a bunch of kids is bad.

17. Sistrin

+3,337
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Her opinion did not convict the Central Park Five in a court of law. The evidence did that.

Yeah, I do. Kinda obvious.

And you know this how? You saw it on television?

You don't play the victim very well either.

18. Cis.jd

Cis.jd Well-Known Member

+1,378
    Catholic
    Single
    Evidence that was manufactured.

Isn't this ironic for you to ask, since you here are trying to make claims if this whole thing being false as if you have actual knowledge that isn't sourced by whatever bs you've read?

Not playing victim at all. The fact that you randomly interpreted that shows that you really not someone to be taken seriously here.

19. variant

variant Happy Cat

+5,825
    Agnostic
    Single
    The publisher gets to decide who they work with so it's not really your call.

The mini series just shined a light on what happened recently, the facts of the case have not changed since the central park five were exonerated.

20. SummerMadness

+11,577
    Catholic
    Arguing about a subject you claim you have no knowledge of is not a good look. "I don't know the story, but I want to say what happened to the person that perpetuated a racist system is wrong," is a completely ignorant reply in the truest sense of the word; you know nothing of the case, but are leaning toward the perpetrators being wronged.