US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
'Don't impose your beliefs on us' is not imposing beliefs on anyone. Nice try, thanks for playing

I find telling my children that they have to attend public school, and have acceptance of homosexuality, and to be preached Abiogenesis as an imposition.

Would you like to double down? I'm just getting warmed up.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Excuse me if this was posted before. I tried to do that but I cannot find the thread.

Public High School Vinyl LP From Washington 1960's Many Christian Songs

This is one of many American public High School vinyl albums that were put out in the 1960s to 1980s that have many blatant Christian songs. They show that freedom of religion in America does not mean freedom from religion in the public sphere. This high school chorus sang mostly explicitly Christian songs on this LP. You can see close-ups of the back cover with the song titles as the album progresses. It shows in a Democracy, if 51 percent of the people want to do something, it should be allowed to be done if in done in a spirit of decency. Those who do not want to be a part of it do not have to witness it.

One can see the great damage done to the mind of the young when we let marketing and corporations take over as the main voice of values. This goes for music as well. The absence of the life of faith is now being seen by even academics like Jordan Peterson to be one reason why much of society is in trouble. The corporate run media is the culprit for the rise in violence, despair, suicide, drug abuse, and break down of the two parent family. It could only have been allowed to get this bad by the absence of the Christian spirit in America.

The style of this music may sound unusual to many, but if you play it at a low volume it has the same pleasant ambiance of Christmas music.

Jordan Peterson doesn't endorse any religion specifically, he endorses understanding the power of religious symbols and mythology. It's wrong to see him endorsing a specific kind of religious belief. His actual, personal belief about religion seems to be based on transpersonal Jungian psychology.

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Jordan Peterson doesn't endorse religion per se, he endorses understanding the power of religious symbols and mythology. It's wrong to see him endorsing a specific kind of religious belief. His actual, personal belief about religion seems to be based on transpersonal Jungian psychology.

JBP tends to complain about the rather vague postmodern neomarxism, while basically recommending Christianity in all but name. Similarly vague, equally useless.

It's a shame, because he's so close to bringing something truly relevant to the world. But as things stand, he's just peddling the same nonsense that caused our problems in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
JBP tends to complain about the rather vague postmodern neomarxism, while basically recommending Christianity in all but name. Similarly vague, equally useless. .

His video lecture on the life of the Buddha demonstrates he's not specifically endorsing Christianity.

His perspective is really more perennialist, like the late religious scholar Huston Smith, informed by a great deal of Jungian psychology.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
How are American students inundated with Christianity? Students aren't fighting that war; and studying Islam isn't a prerequisite to signing up for a military career.

As somebody who has lived some of my life as somebody who didn't profess Christianity, I can tell you our culture is inundated with Christian symbols. Most atheists or Jews understand the New Testament better than the the average American Evangelical. In fact, alot of non-Christians in the US resent the popular notion that I was raised with as normative, that everyone in the US is supposed to have an opinion about Jesus, with at least a bit of automatic deference ("oh Jesus... he was a great prophet/rabbi/wise man, etc."... Even the Dalai Lama gets asked to speak about Jesus in the US, despite Jesus being a figure that has no role in Buddhism).

This is but one example of how much Christianity inundates America's consciousness- it's literally something a person cannot avoid even if they wanted to. It is an unearned, rarely challenged privilege, to the point that the epiphet of the Christian deity is even on dollar bills, something that the US Supreme Court, curiously enough, doesn't consider "religious" (which is proof enough of the pervasive bias in our culture).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟293,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Jordan Peterson doesn't endorse any religion specifically, he endorses understanding the power of religious symbols and mythology. It's wrong to see him endorsing a specific kind of religious belief. His actual, personal belief about religion seems to be based on transpersonal Jungian psychology.

Obfuscation on religion or supernaturalism seems to be the order of the day in the ramblings of J. Peterson. One gets the distinct notion that he doesn't accept some key piece of Christian dogma (like the trinity or eternal salvation) and wants to lead his followers into thinking he believes what they believe.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Obfuscation on religion or supernaturalism seems to be the order of the day in the ramblings of J. Peterson. One gets the distinct notion that he doesn't accept some key piece of Christian dogma (like the trinity or eternal salvation) and wants to lead his followers into thinking he believes what they believe.

I don't think Peterson is a theist in the traditional sense. He certainly wouldn't fit in with evangelicals. There are some American or Canadian Episcopalians or Anglicans that probably would have a religious perspective more like his, however.

Peterson is a storyteller and that's the method he uses to teach. He's not trying to tell people what to think, he's trying to teach them how to think, as a human being with a history and consciousness that is deeper and richer than what western Positivism suggests is the only way for a human to properly orient their mind.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As somebody who has lived some of my life as somebody who didn't profess Christianity, I can tell you our culture is inundated with Christian symbols.

That'a an interesting perspective. As a Christian, I look around; and I'm inundated with Satanic symbolism. It's everywhere.

This is but one example of how much Christianity inundates America's consciousness- it's literally something a person cannot avoid even if they wanted to. It is an unearned, rarely challenged privilege, to the point that the epiphet of the Christian deity is even on dollar bills, something that the US Supreme Court, curiously enough, doesn't consider "religious" (which is proof enough of the pervasive bias in our culture).

Have you looked into the symbolism depicted on the dollar bill?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
That'a an interesting perspective. As a Christian, I look around; and I'm inundated with Satanic symbolism. It's everywhere.

Have you looked into the symbolism depicted on the dollar bill?

IN GOD WE TRUST

It doesn't say "In Amaterasu we Trust" or "In Vishnu we trust". Nope. It says something that's historically understood by Christians as the object of their worship.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
IN GOD WE TRUST

It doesn't say "In Amaterasu we Trust" or "In Vishnu we trust". Nope. It says something that's historically understood by Christians as the object of their worship.

If you asked the average Christian if he worshiped Horace; he'd say, "nope."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
If you asked the average Christian if he worshiped Horace; he'd say, "nope."

My point exactly. Even the dollar bills proclaim the Christian's object of worship.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Horace isn't on the dollar bill.

It's winking at you.

10_symbol_dollar_BanksPhotos-760x506.jpg

Here are artifacts from Ancient Egypt:

1005px-Eye_of_Horus_collection.JPG

That's as much as I'm going to say on the subject, lest we drift off topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
It's winking at you.

10_symbol_dollar_BanksPhotos-760x506.jpg

That's as much as I'm going to say on the subject, lest we drift off topic.

That's actually a Christian symbol from the middle ages. It represents God's omniscience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I find telling my children that they have to attend public school, and have acceptance of homosexuality, and to be preached Abiogenesis as an imposition.

Would you like to double down? I'm just getting warmed up.
But that's not an imposition on religious faith, only on ignorance and bigotry.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Unless you are seeking to impose a suppression of Christianity; promoting Christianity should be in no way an imposition for you.
I remember feeling very uncomfortable when a Jewish classmate was forced to sing Christian songs in elementary school around Christmas time. Heck, I was too young to understand why it was so difficult for him, but I could tell he wasn't too happy with the situation. My mom tried to explain it to me later, but it was all too confusing for my young mind to comprehend.

Of course, in the minds of some Christians, promoting Christianity to people who aren't Christian (and don't want to BE Christian) whould in no way be an imposition.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I spent an entire semester of English devoted to Shakespeare's works. It was dark and demonic. I was being forced to read this trash.
Shakespeare is trash?

Wow. Just ... wow.

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0