✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Public high school closes gender-neutral bathroom after student sexual assault

RHINELANDER, Wisconsin, March 4, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – A Wisconsin high school closed its gender-neutral student bathroom after an 18-year-old male allegedly sexually assaulted another student.

The 18-year-old, Austin Sauer, was arrested for child enticement, fourth-degree sexual assault, and exposing genitals to a child in the designated gender-neutral bathroom of Rhinelander High School, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.

Sauer, who has not yet been charged, was released on a $1,500 bond and is due to appear in court in April, according to multiple media outlets.

In order to accommodate transgender or “gender expansive” students, late last year the school refitted a boys restroom, converting it into a gender-neutral facility. The move was seen as an easy, cost-effective way to deal with the issue.

However, the gender-neutral space invites mixed-gender use, creating new opportunities for sexual assault not available in single-sex restrooms.

In 2017, The Heritage Foundation issued an exhaustive report examining the problematic nature of gender identity policies in public schools.

More at the link: Public high school closes gender-neutral bathroom after student sexual assault

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

RHINELANDER, Wisconsin, March 4, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – A Wisconsin high school closed its gender-neutral student bathroom after an 18-year-old male allegedly sexually assaulted another student.

The 18-year-old, Austin Sauer, was arrested for child enticement, fourth-degree sexual assault, and exposing genitals to a child in the designated gender-neutral bathroom of Rhinelander High School, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.

Sauer, who has not yet been charged, was released on a $1,500 bond and is due to appear in court in April, according to multiple media outlets.

In order to accommodate transgender or “gender expansive” students, late last year the school refitted a boys restroom, converting it into a gender-neutral facility. The move was seen as an easy, cost-effective way to deal with the issue.

However, the gender-neutral space invites mixed-gender use, creating new opportunities for sexual assault not available in single-sex restrooms.

In 2017, The Heritage Foundation issued an exhaustive report examining the problematic nature of gender identity policies in public schools.

More at the link: Public high school closes gender-neutral bathroom after student sexual assault
I've never seen a gender neutral restroom without a lock on the door.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The overwhelming percentage of people are molested by friends and family.
So likely people are much safer around strangers in any bathroom anywhere
than at home. At least in a public restroom the odds are very high that
there is help just outside the door. Your odds at home are almost nil.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sounds like they were using the college model. (Think "Ally McBeal.")

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
than at home.
That is an overstatement. My wife & I are joint caregivers for our 25yo daughter* who is my ward. My wife takes the lead on (rare) yeast infections, but I see/assist with everything else. (We are the only resource that she has.)

*She has the mental age of an 18 mo. toddler.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The overwhelming percentage of people are molested by friends and family.
Obviously not in this case.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, there is no right way to do a wrong thing.

Also, it can be unwise to let evil people and their threats and potential dictate what you have to do.
a lock on the door.
A violator could manage to get into the locked room, locked in alone with the victim, and this would be much worse.

I suppose you can have monitors who stay in a bathroom where there are stalls. And I would have walls from the ceiling to the floor and a ready way to get into a stall, in case a child needs help for whatever unforeseen reason. The monitor would have the access key.

I am curious how administrators are capable of arranging situations where predators can get isolated with children.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Meaning schools may not be properly administering their programs. This is such a case.
The article said that the school was ending their transgender restrooms but these restrooms are usually single person rooms. The rooms are open so anyone entering the room can see if another person is already in there. Now, I don't know how this school had theirs but it certainly sounds a whole lot fishy.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The article said that the school was ending their transgender restrooms but these restrooms are usually single person rooms. The rooms are open so anyone entering the room can see if another person is already in there. Now, I don't know how this school had theirs but it certainly sounds a whole lot fishy.
The article said the bathroom was converted from a boys bathroom.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, there is no right way to do a wrong thing.

Also, it can be unwise to let evil people and their threats and potential dictate what you have to do. A violator could manage to get into the locked room, locked in alone with the victim, and this would be much worse.

I suppose you can have monitors who stay in a bathroom where there are stalls. And I would have walls from the ceiling to the floor and a ready way to get into a stall, in case a child needs help for whatever unforeseen reason. The monitor would have the access key.

I am curious how administrators are capable of arranging situations where predators can get isolated with children.

How about just having male & Female bathrooms like we have always had, and when the appropriate Surgery has been preformed then they can use the other bathroom.

You cannot accommodate a guy that says he is a girl, if biologically he is a HE.

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obviously not in this case.
That is an overstatement. My wife & I are joint caregivers for our 26yo daughter* who is my ward. My wife takes the lead on (rare) yeast infections, but I see/assist with everything else. (We are the only resource that she has.)

*She has the mental age of an 18 mo. toddler.

And she uses gender neutral bathrooms thinking they are safer?

Which gender is the bathroom in your home?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about just having male & Female bathrooms like we have always had, and when the appropriate Surgery has been preformed then they can use the other bathroom. You cannot accommodate a guy that says he is a girl, if biologically he is a HE.

Because men who say they are girls are dangerous to girls?
Because women's bathrooms don't have wall urinals?
Because there are no condom dispensers in the women's bathrooms?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There is only one original media outlet source (wsaw) from four days ago with no updates. The other stories source other low integrity news sources.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Is your home bathroom dangerous?

City, County and State park bathrooms sure can be.
Known to be rapes, murders, unlawful sex acts and drug abuse in those park bathrooms.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And she uses gender neutral bathrooms thinking they are safer?

Which gender is the bathroom in your home?
I was referring to notion that people are safer with strangers than they are with their family. Abusive family members (to the extent that you propose) are the exception rather than the rule.

Upvote 0