Judy02

Jan 9, 2006
England.
✟28,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes! great question. Last week a college football coach was paid 6 million dollars to resign... to resign!!

Wow, that's crazy!! Professional footballers are paid far too much money in this country, in my personal view! And it doesn't seem right in my opinion, and could be more wisely spent elsewhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ScottishJohn

Contributor
Feb 3, 2005
Glasgow
✟16,690.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You're showing your age there.;) It wasn't that recently when that went on was it?

Depends on what you count as recent! ;) I graduated 8 years ago, I got all my fees paid. :) I don't think we were the last year through. I think those graduating about 5 years ago were the last ones to get their fees paid with no means testing.

Upvote 0

marlowe007

Veteran
Dec 8, 2008
✟23,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Over the years Britain has poured untold billions into countries that get credit to buy British goods, expertise and technology. The bunch of cretins you elect to Parliament agree to all this while starving the NHS of funds and palming pensioners off with pittance. The NHS is closing down wards and even entire hospitals for lack of money and hospital waiting lists for operations have become a scandal. Now if Parliament diverted some of the money they are so generously giving away in foreign aid, or better still, created the money themselves they could spend ten times as much on the NHS and better dental services and not even notice.

As for these innumerable "Boards" that exercise control over everything from egg and potato production to dental care. As one tiny example the Dental Practise Board was supposedly established to oversee all the work performed by the dentists for NHS patients and save the tax payer money. In fact, they don't save a penny of the tax payers' money because the NHS is not paid for out of taxation but "loans" created by the Bank of 'England' (sic) out of nothing. The DPB acts as Big Brother dictating to every dentist in the NHS precisely what they can and cannot do. Everything dentists propose to do for the NHS patients must first be submitted to the Commissars and Company for their approval or rejection. In truth and reality their role is entirely superfluous and a serious hindrance to the work of dentists and the dental health of the nation. This Board and others like them should be immediately disbanded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0