• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone :wave:
I've had a real ride the past couple months or so and I've not been here much lately. I don't have internet at the moment and am at momma's right now, so I wanted to ask that y'all keep me in mind over the next few weeks.
I went to the therapist last week and we will be starting my treatment with the PTSD. (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) Considering my PTSD triggers the bipolar and the bipolar triggers the PTSD, she said we need to get the PTSD treated and then the bipolar may not be as bad as it is at the moment. She gave me my first two chapters to work on and said that they are the easiest ones. After looking over the first one, I said "I'd hate to see the one's that follow if these are the easy ones."
I've tried to work on them and only got as far as putting it down and popping a Seroquel.
She also changed my Equetro to Tegritol and it seems to work but not as well. The Tegritol ain't time release so it wears off and then I'm stuck with mood swings til bedtime. I'm in the middle of the second week, so maybe it will get better. I hope!
Anywho, if ya get the time please say a small prayer for me that I may get through these worksheets without a major meltdown and that the Tegritol will work for me as it is a LOT cheaper than the Equetro.
Thanks in advance and I'll get back on asap.
Love y'all much!
:hug: s and :angel: :kiss: es!!

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Your in my prayers, I know the feeling of dealing with PTSD and it isnt easy.. I deal with the stress part and it affects me emotionally also.. I am not on any medication for PTSD but I am looking at herbal remedies for that.. I hope all works out for you and that you can find some help.. God bless..

Reactions: angelkiss
Upvote 0

pentecostalgirl0414

Soon to be mommy of 2!!
Jan 28, 2005
Wahiawa, HI
✟21,780.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello everyone :wave:
I've had a real ride the past couple months or so and I've not been here much lately. I don't have internet at the moment and am at momma's right now, so I wanted to ask that y'all keep me in mind over the next few weeks.
I went to the therapist last week and we will be starting my treatment with the PTSD. (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) Considering my PTSD triggers the bipolar and the bipolar triggers the PTSD, she said we need to get the PTSD treated and then the bipolar may not be as bad as it is at the moment. She gave me my first two chapters to work on and said that they are the easiest ones. After looking over the first one, I said "I'd hate to see the one's that follow if these are the easy ones."
I've tried to work on them and only got as far as putting it down and popping a Seroquel.
She also changed my Equetro to Tegritol and it seems to work but not as well. The Tegritol ain't time release so it wears off and then I'm stuck with mood swings til bedtime. I'm in the middle of the second week, so maybe it will get better. I hope!
Anywho, if ya get the time please say a small prayer for me that I may get through these worksheets without a major meltdown and that the Tegritol will work for me as it is a LOT cheaper than the Equetro.
Thanks in advance and I'll get back on asap.
Love y'all much!
:hug: s and :angel: :kiss: es!!
I know what you are going through. I will be praying for you. I am battling dealing with bipolar and PTSD. It is no fun. I hope that your medicine works for you. I have been on Seroquel before. It worked pretty good for me.
Hugs!

Reactions: angelkiss
Upvote 0

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I finally got through the first chapter and half of the second. :clap: I saw the therapist yesterday and she was proud of me for the taking that first step in treatment. She also told me to take my time with chapter two for it is a bit over-whelming and she gave me chapter three as well.
She told me to take my second dose of Tegritol when the first dose wore off instead of bedtime and she said we'll try that afore she puts me on the time release for it is a little higher in cost. I still don't have insurance so she's trying to work it out so that I'm not out a bunch of money for meds.
I have my internet again and will be here more regularly. I've sure missed everyone!
Thanks so much for the prayers and support. All of you are so great!!
Much love to all!
:hug:s and :angel::kiss:es!!

Upvote 0

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Way to go on your first chapter and ahalf!! That is an accomplishment! And I shall uphold you in thoughts and prayers. I understand the up and down and this way and that way till you don't know which way to go! Hang in there, sister! You are thought of and you are loved!
Thank you so much!! :hug: With God, family, and all my friends here. I know I can get through this. After all, the worst is over. Actually living those traumas was the bad part. Though, I do still sometimes fear having to bring a lot of things back up after learning to bury them for so long.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelkiss

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
✟41,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. They've been much needed.
It's been a real battle with my treatment, but thanks to God and all of the prayers, I finished what I could on my second and third chapters. There's a couple of things that I need help with from the therapist and will go over those when I see her. I haven't been able to see her since the last time I posted, but I did email her and let her know how I'm doing and where I stand.
I've stopped taking the Tegritol due to my mood swings getting worse instead of better. I did that once afore on Zyprexa and that was definitely not a good thing.
But, I'm doing better now, and hopefully will get in to see the therapist soon.
Sorry I hadn't updated in a while. I'll keep y'all posted more often.
Thanks again for all the prayers and support.
I love y'all so much!!
:hug:s and :angel::kiss:es!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.