Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
***I am seeking counseling and was diagnosed last year from a mental health counselor with PTSD.

The rest of the details are private, and I ask you to please respect that.

I am still on my parent's insurance plan (I will be 21 this upcoming Saturday), and my counselor suggested I receive heart medication for flashbacks/nightmares. I fear that my mother will not be supportive...I wish I could communicate with her better which causes me intense anxiety :(

Prayers please!!! :'(

Reactions: pdudgeon

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
before you get the heart medication,
i would suggest a sleep study be made if you haven't already had one done.:sleep:

they can moniter your heart rate and breathing to see if you need the medication to
regulate your heart. the results from such a study could (if necessary) also be used
to convince your mother of the necessity for the medication if it is proved necessary.

that could also be helpful if she is having difficulty accepting your condition for any reason. "See Mom, it say right here that i need this stuff."

sometimes mom's are like that; not wanting to face fearful things when it comes to their children. so having something to show her about your condition might help her not only to come to terms with it, but also to see that there is both hope and help available for you to get healing for this.

and i'm guessing here that healing for you will also be healing for her.

Either way and however it turns out, you'll have more information than you do at the present. and that would be a good thing.
:crossrc:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Magnus Maximus

Warrior
Jul 13, 2010
✟43,516.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will pray for you as well--I suffer from anxiety as well, sometime it can be debilitating. I also suffer from some PTSD from my military service -- I know its hard. I pray a novena to Mary Un doer of knots to untie the knot of anxiety in my life.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0