Psy Ops Legal By Congress?

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There seems to be new (to me) terminology going around like crises industry, actors and several more. A law called the Smith Muntat or muntet act of 1948 or something like it (6.20 on video link) was rescinded by congress in 2012. From my understanding of this action propaganda is now legal in the U.S.A.

From watching link it seems to make sense now in this "fake news theater" going on where a crises industry produce news, then show production to the public to divide or distract or evoke emotional outrage to prepare for the next bill coming down the pike.

Now, before you guys start jumping down on me for the laziness of this post. I am a big research it for your self and be amazed at what you may find. This gives gratification to you the reader to prove or disprove subject matter premise herein. First link provided (recommended, watch it and research from there), second link may be you-tube and description box that provides links to the content of the video (If, it has not been removed).

Sane Progressive

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Now, before you guys start jumping down on me for the laziness of this post. I am a big research it for your self and be amazed at what you may find. This gives gratification to you the reader to prove or disprove subject matter premise herein.

Alrighty, here's some gratifying research.

A description of the Smiith-Mundt act can be found here: Smith–Mundt Act - Wikipedia

The changes (not repeal) of that bill allows US propaganda aimed at foreign countries to be broadcast domestically. There's nothing in the act which allows any of the stuff you are claiming.

Can I jump down on you for laziness now?

• Haha
Reactions: FanthatSpark
Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Alrighty, here's some gratifying research.

A description of the Smiith-Mundt act can be found here: Smith–Mundt Act - Wikipedia

The changes (not repeal) of that bill allows US propaganda aimed at foreign countries to be broadcast domestically. There's nothing in the act which allows any of the stuff you are claiming.

Can I jump down on you for laziness now?

Yes you may, lol.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks for the post in repeal vs changes. My terminology is lazy (Maybe click-baity, lol). Lets talk on your point below in quotes.

The thing is, "broadcasting it in the U.S." This in turn causes emotional response from the public, right? Kinda like a commercial from big pharma on the newest pill, by law they tell us the side effects. However, this broadcast situation has no disclaimers that it is propaganda and may be on the main stream media broadcasted as a truth, right?

I guess it comes down to how much trust is given to the outlet of our news. Also, this may be age dependent as the older generation got/get their news from TV or newspaper and trusted what they read as truth. The younger generation is born with device in hand and get their news from it. Then comes the researcher and it makes a mess of emotion vs fact, right?

Upvote 0