• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Psalms, hymns, Spiritual songs

Discussion in 'Sign Gifts' started by tturt, Oct 12, 2019.

1. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+2,987
    Non-Denom
    Married
    From Tampasteve "...you make your post in a "safe house" such as Spiritual Gifts then it precludes people that do not believe in the gift (such as tongues) from teaching against them."

"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord" Eph 5:19

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord" Col 3:16

Thought these Scriptures meant - songbooks but Kenneth Hagin, Sr book "Plans, Purposes, and Pursuits," pg 130 , (online). You can sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs from The Holy Spirit.

The Scriptures show it's for private and congregational worship. Yout thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ByTheSpirit

ByTheSpirit Pray always!!

+3,075
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I would love... LOVE playing some Psalms as part of our worship sets.

But more to the point, I dont think I have ever attended a Charismatic church or Pentecostal that actually practices gifts in public. I dont mean that in a bad way, but just an observation. I thought the first time I went into a Pentecostal cgurch itd be chaos but in fact the services were a lot like the Baptist ones I grew up in... unfortunately

3. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+2,987
    Non-Denom
    Married
    That's regrettable.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List