• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Psalms are not helping paranoia

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together. psalm 71:10

Though they plot evil against you and devise wicked schemes, they cannot succeed. psalm 21:11

There are other examples. The conspiring things on the psalms are not helping the paranoia.
Any help will be appreciated.

• Prayers
Reactions: Hieronymus

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together. psalm 71:10

Though they plot evil against you and devise wicked schemes, they cannot succeed. psalm 21:11

There are other examples. The conspiring things on the psalms are not helping the paranoia.

Stop reading the psalms. Stick to the NT and keep taking your medication.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Aren't the Psalms important? Wouldn't I be neglecting an important part of the Bible?

If they are feeding your paranoia they are doing more harm then good.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

The psalms describe the heights and depths of human emotion. They are a wonderful gift to believers. Most of them end on a positive note, as it should be. And one way or another, most if not all of them point to Christ. Whatever we go through, our foundation is the Cross. Nothing can shake the believer, not heights, nor depths, no powers, nor principalities. Nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Sorry to hear that, Guerrier.
I wish i could help.
I'm not familiar with paranoia,
but those Psalms are not about you, it is not you who 'they' conspire against in Pslam 71.
David wrote that Psalm, he was a leader hated by his enemies, who conspired against him.

Psalm 21 is about God, verse 12 refers to God, but they who plot evil against God are powerless against God (obviously).

Does that help?
Or should i have refrained from commenting ?

• Agree
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to hear that, Guerrier.
I wish i could help.
I'm not familiar with paranoia,
but those Psalms are not about you, it is not you who 'they' conspire against in Pslam 71.
David wrote that Psalm, he was a leader hated by his enemies, who conspired against him.

Psalm 21 is about God, verse 12 refers to God, but they who plot evil against God are powerless against God (obviously).

Does that help?
Or should i have refrained from commenting ?
It helps. I consciously know they don't speak about me, but unfortunately paranoia, which I didn't have before my relapses, comes in. Thanks. It helps.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bridgida

Jul 27, 2016
London
✟19,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Paranoia is quite difficult to heal. I have done over the years actually a lot. I red healing prayers for 2 hours at a time. Warior prayers for 2 hours. I have a diary where I write everything down, several times a week. And I got a book to read from my psychiatrist, I just can't find it at the moment.
I have started some years ago by forgiving, real or unreal voices and sayings. I say if it is real or not I forgive you. I got bullied, I had at times jobs that were difficult, so I had a lot to forgive people. That helped a lot to keep me calm. Then paranoid voices apear as if someone is speaking, but when I am not looking. So I imagine the worst, when I can't see someones mouth. And I simply forgive it as it really hurts. Psychologist say I should say to me that that wasn't true. That helps as well.
Further no game with psychic spiritual or non religious believe, this makes it worth.

Or learning Karate, is another thing. Perhaps some form of abuse triggered paranoia.

On prayer and Psalms, I read all sorts of Psalms and think they are really brilliant. 2000 years ago people wrote about the problem that other people bullied them, stole from them, hurt them, and even wanted to kill them. This is so fantastic.
You have to work harder on yourself and read more and try to analyse everything!!! I find that it is in my case weekness and meakness towards other people. I use to think everyone is bad, and now as a paranoist I can say, that it isn't so bad. That people hide their feelings. That our society hinders us to get close, because we live in a material world. We are forced to work, even kids are seperated in school and from their mothers. We pay tax, this is all wrong. No wonder do we become so week that we get paranoid.

Upvote 0