Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Now here is an example of unity of scripture. Now you have three witnesses, Psalms, Isaiah, and Zechriah. Psalms 22:16. Dogs have surrounded me;
a band of evil men has encircled me,
they have pierced my hands and my feet.

Isaiah 53:5. But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

Mourning for the One They Pierced
Zechriah 12:10. "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced,In regards to the vav or yod letter in the Dead Sea Scrolls. It is very unfortunate that in the Dead Sea Scrolls in that very place, the letter could not be read; because it was damaged in that very place. Since this scrap is dated (in accordance with the style of letters used) in 5068 CE, it is almost 1000 years earlier than the Masoretic
text, and shows that in at least one of the earliest Hebrew traditions of Psalm 22, the word is not “like a lion” but “they dug” or “pierced.”

The scrap from Psalm 22 found at Nachal Hever is what makes the Orthodox translation suspect of corruption.

See Here: http://www.torahresource.com/English...es/Ps22.16.pdf

The scrap from Psalm 22 found at Nachal Hever is what makes the Orthodox translation suspect of corruption. The scroll fragment is a Pre-Christian era Hebrew. It is not disputed by scholars.

"It is not disputed among scholars." (The letter of the fragment.) The word clearly ended in a vav not a yod. The image in the PDF most likely was enhanced for the viewers. But the actual document is not disputed.

Psalms 22:16. Dogs have surrounded me;

Foot note: Psalm 22:16 Some Hebrew manuscripts, Septuagint and Syriac; most Hebrew manuscripts / like the lion,

Isaiah 53:5. But he was wounded for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

Zechriah 12:10. "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, …

Note that את in Hebrew often means "with". "They shall look upon me, along with him whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him." The expression את אשר generally means "that which", but it also carries the meaning "because of". The passage is much better understood not to refer to God being pierced (which is absurd) but to follow the conclusion of the pronoun shift: that "they will look to me, along with the one whom they pierced, and they shall mourn for him". "Me" and "him" are different persons and refer to different individuals.

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I've got to look into this myself. It seems trivial the difference you are pointing out. I'm not fully convinced it is clear that "me" and "him" are referring to different individuals.

But it is not absurd at all that Yahshua was pierced for he was in 4 different times and in 5 different places on the body. He was most certainly pierced and he was God. Why do you say that it is absurd that God was pierced right after so many verses describing him as being pierced?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've got to look into this myself. It seems trivial the difference you are pointing out. I'm not fully convinced it is clear that "me" and "him" are referring to different individuals.

But it is not absurd at all that Yahshua was pierced for he was in 4 different times and in 5 different places on the body. He was most certainly pierced and he was God. Why do you say that it is absurd that God was pierced right after so many verses describing him as being pierced?
John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. ~Revelation 5:6

He is God and he was pierced for our transgressions.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. ~Revelation 5:6

He is God and he was pierced for our transgressions.
I am not aware of any place in the bible where it says "God was pierced for our transgressions."

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed. ~Isaiah 53:5
I do not see the word "GOD" in that verse.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now here is an example of unity of scripture. Now you have three witnesses, Psalms, Isaiah, and Zechriah. Psalms 22:16. Dogs have surrounded me;

Psalm 22:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Interruptions / Translations and version of the bible matters a lot, how can we talk the same language when there are so many different versions of the bible ?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Psalm 22:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Interruptions / Translations and version of the bible matters a lot, how can we talk the same language when there are so many different versions of the bible ?
Those who are Pagan, Gnostic's and Mystics are the ones responsible for the contradictions.

• Haha
Reactions: awitch
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums