Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
That was only specific to the author of that psalm in his particular situation. This should not be misunderstood as something that will apply to every believer. Every believer has it's own perilous situation and the Lord will deal with it differently according to his will.

It's a face palm when pastors try to apply this Psalm during this pandemic. When their members get infected and dies, I imagine them to be a contortionists when trying to explain it away. lol

• Useful
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I often think of a friend when I read Psalm 91 as it seems to parallel their life - because they do love God.. and He does seem to protect them, so I cant help but think of them as it is read.

so yeah it's an interesting Psalm. it was for back then but it seems to be applicable to my friend as well so it's a ponderer.

I do like reading it :)

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think my soul really likes it actually, difficult to explain.
there was one time an angel stood guard and protected me so I think of that when I read it too. God protected me.
I find it uplifting to read, not sure why exactly but it is encouraging reassuring or something.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That was only specific to the author of that psalm in his particular situation. This should not be misunderstood as something that will apply to every believer. Every believer has it's own perilous situation and the Lord will deal with it differently according to his will.

So you're saying one can't have ANY absolute confidence in anything of the Psalms. That would mean of course Psalm 23 to you as well as in the Lord is our Sheppard and yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I'll fear no evil...so you're claiming we need to? Sorry but it seems you've watered down the SURE word of God to be nothing more than meaningless drivel.

Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think Psalm 91 reveals the potential of what we ALL can find true and become realized from our relationship with God. That doesn't mean ALL will but ALL can.

So what are your thoughts?

I like it, it is good to be reminded of Gods protection for those who love Him, and to be encouraged to find our refuge in Him. If the person who wrote the Psalm has experienced God in that way then yes I think we can too.

I have recently started reading this Psalm at certain times of the day and it is very uplifting somehow very encouraging. Yes I like this Psalm very much.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not surprised for some discouragement to happen re: reading Psalm 91 not being for us today, because it has been so encouraging to read recently i dont think the enemy would be happy about that encouragement being found.

I love how God covers us with His feathers - this is such a beautiful picture... so cozy almost :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images (11).jpeg

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟290,958.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
so yes to make the Lord our refuge...
I find it very reassuring that God has my back and I'm not in this journey alone.
I am getting a possible skin cancer taken out from my face soon so whatever it may be, it is comforting that God will be there and that I can take refuge under His wings. that is very comforting.
many times God has protected me in this life. eg many car accidents I've been injured but survived. many different times I know about God has protected and I'm sure many times I dont know about He has as well.
Thank you Father God for Your Faithfulness in all things.

Last edited:
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0