✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry to hear that.

Jim Elliot and his team of missionaries read Psalm 91 together and then they were killed. His wife Elisabeth, among other things, wrote several books afterward, some had to at least touch on it. Perhaps one of those might be helpful to you.

• Useful
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about your husbands. May they rest in peace.

I'm also sorry to say, it's not that simple. Psalms are not magic spells, they are petitions to a Supreme Being Who calls the shots. God can easily answer our prayers, but it doesn't mean He will. God's will be done, not ours.

I know this is very hard to accept, trust me. As hard as it is, we need to trust in Him, something I'm still trying to learn. If your husbands were Christians, you can only expect to eventually see them in Heaven. Not a goodbye, but "until next time."

Please stay strong. You are stronger than you dare believe, and God knows this. Otherwise, He would never have allowed it to happen until you were truly ready.

24 “The Lord bless you and keep you;
25 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.” ’

~Numbers 6:24-26 (NKJV)

Numbers 6 KJV,NKJV,NIV,ICB - And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, - Bible Gateway

Wolf Hug 1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0