Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In today’s hectic world, it is very easy to feel misplaced. We know we are saved by the blood of Jesus, but there are seasons in life when it seems as if we are blindly groping along, wondering if God can find us amid all the pollution. Does He know me personally? Or are we all “His people” or the “body of Christ,” loved by Him as a whole?

Often in my “closet time,” I find myself drawn to Psalm 33. It is here that I am assured that my Redeemer knows where I am all the time. In fact, He looks on each and every one of us, wherever we are. He not only knows me personally, He is the one who fashioned my individual heart, and He considers all my works. (vs.13-15)

We live in a day where truth, which is of utmost importance, is exceptionally hard to find. Deception is everywhere, like fiery darts shot in wild abandon from our news outlets, our schools, our government, and even our churches. Without truth, people become confused and distrustful of each other. But we can fully and completely trust in everything God does, because all His work is done in truth! (v.4)

Did you know “Justice” is mentioned over 500 times in the Bible? God loves righteousness and justice (v.5), so much so, He made them both the foundation of His throne. (Ps. 89:14) We can rest knowing that absolute truth flows from the throne of God, and His counsel stands forever. When it seems that even the people who are elected or appointed to protect us are out to destroy us, from His throne of righteousness and justice, He makes the plans of the people to no effect, and brings the counsel of the nations to nothing. (vs.10-11)

Even in chaos, we can have peace because the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. (v.5) We can take great comfort knowing that His eye is on those who fear (are in reverential awe of) Him, those of us who hope in His mercy. He delivers our soul from death, and keeps us alive in famine. (vs.18-19) Perhaps “famine” is not necessarily a famine of food, but a famine of His word.

When you are feeling lonely or misplaced, remember that the Lord you serve, with a WORD, made the heavens. With the breath of His mouth, He made all the hosts of heaven. (v.6) He can gather the waters of the sea together, (v.7) when He speaks, it is done; He commands, and it stands fast! (v. 9) This same Lord fashioned your heart! And you know what? He thinks your praise is beautiful! So rejoice in the Lord, praise Him, make melody and sing to Him a new song, shout to Him with joy! (vs.1-3)

And trust Him:

Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You.

(Psalm 33:20-22 NKJV)​

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In today’s hectic world, it is very easy to feel misplaced. We know we are saved by the blood of Jesus, but there are seasons in life when it seems as if we are blindly groping along, wondering if God can find us amid all the pollution. Does He know me personally? Or are we all “His people” or the “body of Christ,” loved by Him as a whole?

Often in my “closet time,” I find myself drawn to Psalm 33. It is here that I am assured that my Redeemer knows where I am all the time. In fact, He looks on each and every one of us, wherever we are. He not only knows me personally, He is the one who fashioned my individual heart, and He considers all my works. (vs.13-15)

We live in a day where truth, which is of utmost importance, is exceptionally hard to find. Deception is everywhere, like fiery darts shot in wild abandon from our news outlets, our schools, our government, and even our churches. Without truth, people become confused and distrustful of each other. But we can fully and completely trust in everything God does, because all His work is done in truth! (v.4)

Did you know “Justice” is mentioned over 500 times in the Bible? God loves righteousness and justice (v.5), so much so, He made them both the foundation of His throne. (Ps. 89:14) We can rest knowing that absolute truth flows from the throne of God, and His counsel stands forever. When it seems that even the people who are elected or appointed to protect us are out to destroy us, from His throne of righteousness and justice, He makes the plans of the people to no effect, and brings the counsel of the nations to nothing. (vs.10-11)

Even in chaos, we can have peace because the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. (v.5) We can take great comfort knowing that His eye is on those who fear (are in reverential awe of) Him, those of us who hope in His mercy. He delivers our soul from death, and keeps us alive in famine. (vs.18-19) Perhaps “famine” is not necessarily a famine of food, but a famine of His word.

When you are feeling lonely or misplaced, remember that the Lord you serve, with a WORD, made the heavens. With the breath of His mouth, He made all the hosts of heaven. (v.6) He can gather the waters of the sea together, (v.7) when He speaks, it is done; He commands, and it stands fast! (v. 9) This same Lord fashioned your heart! And you know what? He thinks your praise is beautiful! So rejoice in the Lord, praise Him, make melody and sing to Him a new song, shout to Him with joy! (vs.1-3)

And trust Him:

Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You.

(Psalm 33:20-22 NKJV)​
Hi; I think that what the Bible calls righteousness - the foundation for the believer's justification by faith in the Lord Jesus - and what politicians are pleased to call justice, are two rather different things! (even though in translation the words may be the same).

Upvote 0

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi; I think that what the Bible calls righteousness - the foundation for the believer's justification by faith in the Lord Jesus - and what politicians are pleased to call justice, are two rather different things! (even though in translation the words may be the same).

I agree...God's definition of justice and man's version are usually very different.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0