England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers' (Psalms 1:1).......................... Please add your thoughts

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers' (Psalms 1:1).......................... Please add your thoughts

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."

This is a perfect example of what to do. Don't listen to non believers, don't accept them and if they don't listen let them go on their way.

Unfortunately what we see happening today is the opposite being taught. I'm seeing the church preach acceptance and giving them a voice as if scripture no longer applies to today. Love has taken on a whole new meaning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.

This is one of the scriptures we prayed over my grandfather as he passed away. He embodied Psalm 1 and inspired the same in my grandmother. They shepherded their family with those principles. They weren't exposed to the vices and ugliness in the world. They were able to be children and maintain their wholesomeness. My grandparents developed connections with other families who shared their values. They were attentive and understood the nuances of character to a degree I haven't encountered. And they lived by that.

Their example had a significant impact on me, my parenting, and how I live my life today. Their prosperity and peace of mind had a lot to do with their choices, faith, and the company they kept. They didn't eat from shoddy trees.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

I wonder what does it really mean to "not sit sit the company of mockers" because is it our job to preach everyone. But understand when you need to just walk away, if they refuse to really listen.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."

This is a perfect example of what not to do. Don't listen to non believers, don't accept them and if they don't listen let them go on their way.

Unfortunately what we see happening today is the opposite being taught. I'm seeing the church preach acceptance and giving them a voice as if scripture no longer applies to today. Love has taken on a whole new meaning.
It is the Word of God saying what we should do! 'Blessed is the man that does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly,nor stands in the way of sinners,nor sits in the seat of the scornful' (Psalms 1:1) As the church we should follow that teaching. Those who do not follow that teaching,reject the Word of God and the rest of (Psalms 1) says what will happen to them.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is the Word of God saying what we should do! 'Blessed is the man that does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly,nor stands in the way of sinners,nor sits in the seat of the scornful' (Psalms 1:1) As the church we should follow that teaching. Those who do not follow that teaching,reject the Word of God and the rest of (Psalms 1) says what will happen to them.

I need to edit that. I meant "what to do". Obviously I didn't proof read before pushing post.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season,

This is one of the scriptures we prayed over my grandfather as he passed away. He embodied Psalm 1 and inspired the same in my grandmother. They shepherded their family with those principles. They weren't exposed to the vices and ugliness in the world. They were able to be children and maintain their wholesomeness. My grandparents developed connections with other families who shared their values. They were attentive and understood the nuances of character to a degree I haven't encountered. And they lived by that.

Their example had a significant impact on me, my parenting, and how I live my life today. Their prosperity and peace of mind had a lot to do with their choices, faith, and the company they kept. They didn't eat from shoddy trees.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
Thank you 'Bella'. Such good advice!

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok arc'. You got there on the end. God bless you!

I'm getting older and the "all you need to survive is 4 hrs sleep a night" attitude has to change. I barely even know how to type in the mornings any more. It's hard telling what kind of crazy things I've said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Yours in His Service,

~Bella
Thankyou for this helpful post,'bella'

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.