• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Featured Psaki dodges question of whether Biden still considers Cuomo 'the gold standard' for COVID-19 leader

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by civilwarbuff, Feb 21, 2021 at 3:29 PM.

1. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+7,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Maybe everyone would have been happier if she just lied. I'm looking out on the net and I notice the few who are upset about her not talking about Biden's opinion, were mostly just fine with the previous administration spokesmen lying about those things.

It's going to be a different administration. That's for sure.

2. Hammster

Hammster Getting whiter. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+20,325
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I’d be happier if she would have been honest. Pretending to answer a question is dishonest.

3. The Barbarian

+7,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    How did she lie? Tell us about it.

There's a difference between getting an answer and getting the answer you want.

As I said, looking around the net, the few people who think that she wasn't doing the right thing, are often those who were fine with the previous administration blatantly lying to us.

I suppose they do what they can with what they have.

4. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,169
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    As I pointed out above Barb all she had to say was "I don't know. Let me ask and get back with you." But she couldn't bring herself to admit she is not part of the inner circle?.....or maybe just too lazy to find out?......one guess is as good as another.

5. civilwarbuff

+6,169
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Omitting truth is still a lie; she should have admitted she did not know. See#44.

6. Hammster

+20,325
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    She didn’t answer the question, but pretended that she did.

7. The Barbarian

+7,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    She declined to characterize the President's thinking at that point. Doesn't seem like dishonesty.

8. The Barbarian

+7,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    No. Declining to answer is not a dishonesty.

9. The Barbarian

+7,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    A dishonesty would be something like...

"I won the election, but it was stolen from me."
    "I'll release my income tax returns."
    "My inauguration had the highest attendance ever."
    "The pandemic will go away like magic."

Stuff like that.

10. Hammster

+20,325
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Had she said that, then okay. But even when the reporter asked again (because even he knew that she dodged), she just repeated what everyone knew.

11. Hammster

+20,325
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    If only that’s what she had done.

12. Hammster

+20,325
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    You know, he’s not in office anymore. At some point, you guys will have to defend Biden and his crew on their own merits.

13. civilwarbuff

+6,169
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    She did not 'decline to answer' Barb, she talked around the question because 1) She simply did not have an answer or 2) She did and was not permitted to give it. That is far from honesty.

14. civilwarbuff

+6,169
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Don't hold your breath. 4 years of a 'it's Bush's fault' administration.

15. The Barbarian

+7,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    When not lying is lying, and lying is not lying, what can anyone say of honesty?

I'm thinking that this just looks like what it is.

And that's not as good as it should be.

16. The Barbarian

+7,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Which is why his supporters should be careful about accusations.

It's a small thing, but a spokesperson who doesn't blatantly lie seems like a good start.

17. Hammster

+20,325
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Let’s just say that she obfuscated. That’s so much better. But whatever you call it she not-so-skillfully avoided answering the questions.

18. The Barbarian

+7,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Trump really, really messed up. Those half a million dead Americans are a fact that we're just going to have to accept because he bungled his response to the epidemic. Our foreign policy is in shambles. Trusting Putin led to a huge and disastrous hack of federal data by his people. Biden is acting on it, and happily, he's been able to get vaccines out faster than people thought he could. But the damage we took from inattention at the top, is going to take a while to sort out and fix. A lot more like that.

When a red state fell into a disaster of the republican's own making, Biden just approved disaster aid without asking for thanks or praise. Because that's how a president is supposed to be.

The President is patching up our alliances, rejoining international efforts, and working with our friends again to make the world better.

It's going to be a different administration, for which most Americans are very grateful.

19. The Barbarian

+7,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Instead of lying. So I see it as a definite improvement. It's going to be a different administration, now.

20. The Barbarian

+7,306
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Trump really, really messed up. Those half a million dead Americans are a fact that we're just going to have to accept because he bungled his response to the epidemic. Our foreign policy is in shambles. Trusting Putin led to a huge and disastrous hack of federal data by his people. Biden is acting on it, and happily, he's been able to get vaccines out faster than people thought he could. But the damage we took from inattention at the top, is going to take a while to sort out and fix. A lot more like that.

When a red state fell into a disaster of the republican's own making, Biden just approved disaster aid without asking for thanks or praise. Because that's how a president is supposed to be.

It's going to be a different administration, for which most Americans are very grateful.