United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article-

(CNN)Some things, we suppose, just need to be spelled out.

Here's one: Do not microwave your books to get rid of the coronavirus.

That's the word from staffers at the Kent District Library in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
A few days ago, the library received a book that appears to have been burnt in a microwave.

Elizabeth Guarino-Kozlowicz, regional manager of Kent District Library, thinks it has something to do with Covid-19.

"I'm really not sure why someone would do this," Kozlowicz told CNN.

She also made her case in a Facebook post.

You see, every book at that library -- and libraries around the country -- has a metallic radio frequency identification (RFID) tag that can and will burn in a microwave. The tags can also catch on fire, the Facebook post read.

But it does beg the question: How do we know our books are virus-free?

Continued below.
PSA: Please stop microwaving your books to get rid of coronavirus - CNN

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article-

That's the word from staffers at the Kent District Library in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
A few days ago, the library received a book that appears to have been burnt in a microwave.

Elizabeth Guarino-Kozlowicz, regional manager of Kent District Library, thinks it has something to do with Covid-19.

You see, every book at that library -- and libraries around the country -- has a metallic radio frequency identification (RFID) tag that can and will burn in a microwave. The tags can also catch on fire, the Facebook post read.

Continued below.

It wont be long after the statues are gone that someone starts to burn books. Or delete them. Whoever it was probably was just getting a head start.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Thank goodness our library has been closed while all of this has been going on. First I've heard of people putting their books in the microwave. Crazy!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article-

Continued below.

heh for a moment I thought had to be a joke, and clicked the funny button, because I really smiled at the humor. But not a joke, lol.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It wont be long after the statues are gone that someone starts to burn books. Or delete them. Whoever it was probably was just getting a head start.
Well, some individuals are burning books every day in a nation our size...but you mean as a public event/spectacle, which is different. That probably happens more often than we think, but only sometimes makes the headlines. A statue can of course try to make someone seem better than human, above us, when they are not. For that kind of statue, we all (I bet) prefer it is de-elevated. Put the statue in a museum at person level, no longer above us. I like General Robert E. Lee. But he's not above us.

Upvote 0