Prv: Don't Work to Get Rich

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
DON'T WORK TO GET RICH

Pr 23:4,5 Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.

Pr 28:22 A man with an evil eye hastens after riches, And does not consider that poverty will come upon him.

For the love of money people waste their lives, living in discontentment and envying their neighbor. Consequently either they end up overworking themselves to get rich to the neglect of other responsibilities and other significant aspects of life, or they take unnecessary risks or incur a great deal of debt to achieve wealth. But in the end they get what's coming to them. In the Christian life, wealth is not a legitimate goal. Though there are some alleged "Christians" "who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1Tim 6:5-10

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DON'T WORK TO GET RICH

Pr 23:4,5 Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint. Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.

Pr 28:22 A man with an evil eye hastens after riches, And does not consider that poverty will come upon him.

For the love of money people waste their lives, living in discontentment and envying their neighbor. Consequently either they end up overworking themselves to get rich to the neglect of other responsibilities and other significant aspects of life, or they take unnecessary risks or incur a great deal of debt to achieve wealth. But in the end they get what's coming to them. In the Christian life, wealth is not a legitimate goal. Though there are some alleged "Christians" "who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1Tim 6:5-10

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources
Proverbs 6:6 (WEB) Go to the ant, you sluggard.
Consider her ways, and be wise;
7 which having no chief, overseer, or ruler,
8 provides her bread in the summer,
and gathers her food in the harvest.
9 How long will you sleep, sluggard?
When will you arise out of your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
a little folding of the hands to sleep:
11 so your poverty will come as a robber,
and your scarcity as an armed man.

Benjamin Franklin wrote proverbs in his work “Way to Wealth” 1733.
"Friends, says he, and neighbors, the taxes are indeed very heavy, and if those laid on by the government were the only ones we had to pay, we might more easily discharge them; but we have many others, and much more grievous to some of us. We are taxed twice as much by our idleness, three times as much by our pride, and four times as much by our folly, and from these taxes the commissioners cannot ease or deliver us by allowing an abatement. However let us hearken to good advice, and something may be done for us; God helps them that help themselves, as Poor Richard says, in his almanac of 1733.”

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Benjamin Franklin wrote proverbs in his work “Way to Wealth” 1733.

In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty. —Proverbs 14:23

Franklin had an amazing work ethic. I studied it in the past. Discipline and diligence are notable qualities sorely lacking today. It’s the difference between the 1% and every one else.

I posted a statistic in the past I’ll repeat for this message. Less than 5% percent of the population sets goals and only 3% hit them. That’s a staggering truth when you run the numbers.

Using a rounded total from the population clock we’d have:

332,591,000 US
9,977,730 @ 3%
99,777.30 @ 1%

The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty. —Proverbs 21:5

That’s horrible!

This is a wonderful conclusion to a morning spent in the Lord’s presence on this subject. It’s not a coincidence you posted and I’m glad you did. We should be pursuing the Lord’s mark.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it. —Proverbs 13:11

~bella

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In all toil there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty. —Proverbs 14:23

Franklin had an amazing work ethic. I studied it in the past. Discipline and diligence are notable qualities sorely lacking today. It’s the difference between the 1% and every one else.

I posted a statistic in the past I’ll repeat for this message. Less than 5% percent of the population sets goals and only 3% hit them. That’s a staggering truth when you run the numbers.

Using a rounded total from the population clock we’d have:

332,591,000 US
9,977,730 @ 3%
99,777.30 @ 1%

The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty. —Proverbs 21:5

That’s horrible!

This is a wonderful conclusion to a morning spent in the Lord’s presence on this subject. It’s not a coincidence you posted and I’m glad you did. We should be pursuing the Lord’s mark.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it. —Proverbs 13:11

~bella
If you have $11,099,166.07 in the US you are in the richest 1% (2020).
The top ten percent have at least $1,219,126.46 (2020) net worth.

In Jesus day many were worried about not being able to get enough food and clothing. He taught them, “Seek first the kingdom of God and all these other things will be added to you as well.”

In America in 2021 more people are dying of complications related to obesity than of starvation. For this type more food is not the answer, but prayer and fasting is needed.

Jesus broke five loaves of bread and two fish for five thousand. His disciples gathered up the leftovers. He told the people, “Waste nothing.”

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Most have a wealth "comfort level". I have reached mine and rarely think about money. I have even suspended renting out my upstairs apartment, as I enjoy privacy and quiet. :)

• Informative
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0