Prv: Alcoholism

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
ALCOHOLISM

Pr 20:1 Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

Pr 31:4,5 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, It is not for kings to drink wine, Or for rulers to desire strong drink, For they will drink and forget what is decreed, And pervert the rights of all the afflicted.

Pr 23:20,21 Do not be with heavy drinkers of wine, Or with gluttonous eaters of meat; For the heavy drinker and the glutton will come to poverty, And drowsiness will clothe one with rags.

Pr 23: 29-35 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has contentions? Who has complaining? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who linger long over wine, Those who go to taste mixed wine. Do not look on the wine when it is red, When it sparkles in the cup, When it goes down smoothly; At the last it bites like a serpent And stings like a viper. Your eyes will see strange things And your mind will utter perverse things. And you will be like one who lies down in the middle of the sea, Or like one who lies down on the top of a mast. "They struck me, but I did not become ill; They beat me, but I did not know it. When shall I awake? I will seek another drink."

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have seen how terribly strong effect alchohol has on some people. They can't stop drinking. I took the glass away from a friend and she got very upset. Later she told me I did the right thing. I rarely drink, but it happens I take a beer or a glass of wine.

• Agree
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes will here too. On rare occasions it depends on the person. Some things have master over people. Have suffered from addiction especially to inappropriate contentography and drugs. If let my flesh indulge to much ill lust after it becoming addicted. It’s tough to get over those things. Yesterday was in work kitchen messing with aluminum foil used to wrap up grilled cheese sandwiches, it triggered memories back when would use to do some really hardcore drugs. Thanks be to the Father who can really set us free of our bondage of those things that master over us by leaning on the Lord Jesus Christ and instead of indulging the flesh the ability to walk by the spirit instead is there.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The other day I watched the film "The Hound of the Baskervilles" which was originally written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
One of the most notorious scenes is that of the Great Grimpen Mire, a large bog - fatal to man or beast. Brave folk dared to circumvent the mire, jumping from tussock to tussock, yet realised too late that they had taken a step too far and that there was no way back. They were sinking and helpless. The mire had clutched them in its grasp and they met a horrid and gruesome death.
The chief symptom of alcoholism is denial. It is the person who says "I'll be alright" and "another drink won't hurt". It is the person who has heard all of the warnings, but presses on regardless. They do not recognise they are in danger until they start to sink. And tragically, for some, it is far too late.
Thankfully, these days, there is plenty of help available for those affected by alcohol dependence. The first step is recognising there is a problem, and the desire to do something about it. There are services that help people withdraw from alcohol safely, either as a hospital inpatient, or at home.

Reactions: GallagherM
Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You’re right Anthony that was exactly how I treated my doings. Saying oh I’ll be okay, it will be alright, and it gave me a pass to go ahead and continue doing it was a state of denial. It’s believed God delivered me; but I had to make a bit of my own effort too. Found writing down my experiences and writing down prayers to God to help me overcome what has become a problem helped the process a lot. There is something about writing down what is going on in your life and giving it to God that is tremendously helpful.

Thank you for your post, brother.

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0