Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Is there a spiritual equivalency to this provocation in America today?
An Unfaithfulness?

1 Kings 11:
1 But King Solomon loved many foreign women, as well as the daughter of Pharaoh:
women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians, and Hittites—
2 from the nations of whom the Lord had said to the children of Israel, You shall not intermarry with them, nor they with you. Surely they will turn away your hearts after
their gods. Solomon clung to these in love.
3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his
wives turned away his heart.
4 For it was so, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned his heart after other gods;
and his heart was not loyal to the Lord his God, as was the heart of his father David.
5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
6 Solomon did evil in the sight of the Lord, and did not fully follow the Lord, as did his
father David.
7 Then Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the abomination of Moab, on the hill
that is east of Jerusalem, and for Molech the abomination of the people of Ammon.
8 And he did likewise for all his foreign wives, who burned incense and sacrificed
to their gods.
9 So the Lord became angry with Solomon, because his heart had turned from the
Lord God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice,
10 and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other
gods; but he did not keep what the Lord had commanded.
11 Therefore the Lord said to Solomon, Because you have done this, and have not kept
My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the
kingdom away from you and give it to your servant.
12 Nevertheless I will not do it in your days, for the sake of your father David; I will tear
it out of the hand of your son.
13 However I will not tear away the whole kingdom; I will give one tribe to your son for
the sake of My servant David, and for the sake of Jerusalem which I have chosen.