May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeshua went after traditions that made the Law of God void, and we should do likewise, like the current "saved by grace" crowd who void the Law of God.
It does sound like you believe "saved by grace" is anti-Torah (void of the Law of God). So, do you actually believe that Saul (Paul) wasn't "saved by grace" as much as he was first and foremost saved by being Pro-Torah and Torah Observant as taught to him by Pharisees?

Philippians 3:4-6 CJB
4 even though I certainly have grounds for putting confidence in such things. If anyone else thinks he has grounds for putting confidence in human qualifications, I have better grounds:
5 b’rit-milah on the eighth day, by birth belonging to the people of Isra’el, from the tribe of Binyamin, a Hebrew-speaker, with Hebrew-speaking parents, in regard to the Torah, a Parush,
6 in regard to zeal, a persecutor of the Messianic Community, in regard to the righteousness demanded by legalism, blameless.

This is my favorite version of Amazing Grace as introduced and sung by Wintley Phipps.

Was John Newton "saved by grace" by his adherance to Jewish religious traditions or by knowing Yeshua as his Lord and Savour?
Did Paul (as empowered by the Holy Spirit) put more emphasis on knowing Yeshua as Lord and Saviour or more emphasis on knowing Jewish traditions when reasoning with either his Jewish brethren or pagan Gentiles?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It does sound like you believe "saved by grace" is anti-Torah (void of the Law of God). So, do you actually believe that Saul (Paul) wasn't "saved by grace" as much as he was first and foremost saved by being Pro-Torah and Torah Observant as taught to him by Pharisees?

Philippians 3:4-6 CJB
4 even though I certainly have grounds for putting confidence in such things. If anyone else thinks he has grounds for putting confidence in human qualifications, I have better grounds:
5 b’rit-milah on the eighth day, by birth belonging to the people of Isra’el, from the tribe of Binyamin, a Hebrew-speaker, with Hebrew-speaking parents, in regard to the Torah, a Parush,
6 in regard to zeal, a persecutor of the Messianic Community, in regard to the righteousness demanded by legalism, blameless.

This is my favorite version of Amazing Grace as introduced and sung by Wintley Phipps.

Was John Newton "saved by grace" by his adherance to Jewish religious traditions or by knowing Yeshua as his Lord and Savour?
Did Paul (as empowered by the Holy Spirit) put more emphasis on knowing Yeshua as Lord and Saviour or more emphasis on knowing Jewish traditions when reasoning with either his Jewish brethren or pagan Gentiles?

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't confuse Jewish traditions with God's Law. Too separate entities.
You are so Right-On if you're implying that certain segments of Messianic Judaism confuse Jewish traditions of the Pharisees as being integral with "God's Law."

It's possible that some Messianic Judaism believers still consider Jewish traditions of the Pharisees (or Rabbinic Judaism) as a relevant part of God's Law(Torah) and not "too[two] separate entities." Isn't that WHY certain segments of the Messianic Community still question whether or not Paul was really "Torah Observant" (Pro-Torah)? If that is your reply to the two previous/following questions than we agree in the essence of "God's Law"(Torah) as does Paul ... in other words "don't confuse Jewish traditions with God's Law. Too[two] separate entities."

Was John Newton "saved by grace" by his adherance to the Jewish religious traditions of the Pharisees or by knowing Yeshua as his Lord and Savour?

Did Paul (as empowered by the Holy Spirit) put more emphasis on knowing Yeshua as Lord and Saviour or more emphasis on knowing Jewish traditions of the Pharisees when reasoning with either his Jewish brethren or pagan Gentiles?

Last edited:
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0