Taranaki
✟80,829.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I spoke to an atheist the other day and I remembered a good argument that Ray Comfort did in his movie, "The Atheist Delusion". This was where Ray showed the University Students a nature book and then he pointed out how ludicrous it would be for that book to just fall together. And this is the same with creation, it would be ludicrous for creation to just fall together. There is intelligent information in creation and so therefore there had to be an intelligent creator.
My problem was that I had not studied it or put it into my own words so that I could use it while doing 1 to 1 evangelism. So, over the last few days, I have watched the movie and simplified what Ray said. It was originally about 6 minutes long and so I needed to shorten it so that I would not lose the attention of the person I was talking to. Now it is about 1 minute 25.
I thought I would post it on here as it may come in useful for some of you.
So here it is:

"So, you believe that everything happened by chance? That nothing was the intelligent force that made everything. Yes.
Let’s say you were holding a nature study book. Filled with stack loads of information and all sorts of amazing photos of trees, and plants, and animals.
Now imagine that nothing was the intelligent force that made this book. That nothing produced the colour pictures in the book? That coloured ink fell from the sky and formed itself into the beautiful pictures? And then black ink fell too, forming itself into coherent words, and sentences and making sense? Page numbers fell as well, all in order, and then it bound itself and formed itself into a book.
Obviously, this is ludicrous. Intelligence was needed to design and make the book. It couldn’t just happen by accident – Would you agree? Well, yes. Someone had to make the book.
We all have our own book. It’s our DNA. Scientists call DNA the instruction book for life. It is like a massive biological code book. If those instructions, were laid out end for end, they would go to the sun and back several times. So, this information book is massive.
Every living thing has DNA, which makes the nature book just seem feeble compared to the infinite intelligence that made DNA.
The fact that there is intelligent information in this DNA book tells us there must be an intelligent designer. Intelligent information can’t just happen by itself. Just like the nature book can’t just happen by itself.
So, my question is, what do you think of the mentality of someone who believes a book fell together without a book maker?"

Atheist Delusion 3:15-9:28

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,282.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi 1Tonne. Have you tried posting this into one of the forums within CF where atheists can offer their opinion?
I would think the obvious rebuttal would be that of evolutionary theory.
Thanks for your work, and may God Bless you in your evangelism.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I agree with the premise that where there is creation, there must be a creator. The problem lies in demonstrating that said creator is a divine entity, much less the Judeo-Christian God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟80,829.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi 1Tonne. Have you tried posting this into one of the forums within CF where atheists can offer their opinion?
I would think the obvious rebuttal would be that of evolutionary theory.
Thanks for your work, and may God Bless you in your evangelism.
No. I wasn't really looking for a debate. I just thought I would put this up here for people who would like to evangelise.
In reality, I believe that everyone knows that there is a creator. Some may have suppressed their understanding because they love their sin so much. But in reality, everyone has seen proof of God, and at some point in their life, wondered about Him.
Romans 1:20 says "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, being understood by what has been made, so that they are without excuse."

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟80,829.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the premise that where there is creation, there must be a creator. The problem lies in demonstrating that said creator is a divine entity.
Not sure what other entity it would be.
I am not a scientist. But I can see logic. And so do many non-believers see logic when it is pointed out. So, this may, or may not be helpful in a discussion.
I do understand that many people would deny God even if they had absolute proof. This is because if there is a God, then they would have to be accountable. And that they do not want to be.

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟55,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the premise that where there is creation, there must be a creator. The problem lies in demonstrating that said creator is a divine entity, much less the Judeo-Christian God.
There are a number of ways we can approach that. Starting with logic we can say:

if anything has the potentiality not to exist, it must have at one point not have existed.

If God is not divine, he must have at one point not have existed

and if God didn't exist, something must have brought him into existence --therefore he is not God

and we then fall into a cosmological loop and infinite regression. Aquinas' Cosmological argument deals with this at length.

Now whether or not God is the Christian God requires faith in the scriptures, and it requires belief. When he was asked to prove God exists in a scientific way, Billy Graham said "I can't do that, because I cannot put God into a test-tube"

Logic, reason, philosophy, all set the conceptual groundwork for the existence of God, but our faith confirms the identity of God

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I disagree. The protests I hear are contrary to the notion of First Cause, and whether First Cause must be With Intent. It is an easy "by this, all people mean, God". Agreed about the Judeo-Christian God specifically, though. I think there are proofs for that too, but too many objections are easily raised, whether they are reasonable or not.

Reactions: Merrill
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟80,829.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another good one from Living Waters is their simple argument for intelligent design. That is that there must have been someone or something with intelligence to create everything.

Here it is:
"Do you think everything is intelligently designed? No. I don't.
Okay you seem like an intelligent person, so I'm going to ask you something. I'd like you to make me a rose. How would you make a rose? I don't have the capabilities.
Hang on, you said it's not intelligently designed. So, you should be able to make one.
I can’t. I do not have any supernatural abilities.
So, how could you say everything's not intelligently designed? Where does that leave you on the scale of intelligence if you say everything's non-intelligently designed and you can't even make a rose?"

It's a very simple argument. But it is probably worth memorising if you are one to share the Gospel with non-believers.

Evolution vs. God Uncensored 17:07-18:24

Reactions: Merrill
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Without God you are believing that, 'darkness and some rocks' and nothing else can end up as people, animals, science, awareness, art, intelligence, beauty.
Basically what is without intelligence creating intelligence, and what it has no consciousness of itself creating the mind.

3 Know ye that the Lord, He is God; it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves. We are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I spoke to an atheist the other day and I remembered a good argument that Ray Comfort did in his movie, "The Atheist Delusion". This was where Ray showed the University Students a nature book and then he pointed out how ludicrous it would be for that book to just fall together. And this is the same with creation, it would be ludicrous for creation to just fall together. There is intelligent information in creation and so therefore there had to be an intelligent creator.
My problem was that I had not studied it or put it into my own words so that I could use it while doing 1 to 1 evangelism. So, over the last few days, I have watched the movie and simplified what Ray said. It was originally about 6 minutes long and so I needed to shorten it so that I would not lose the attention of the person I was talking to. Now it is about 1 minute 25.
I thought I would post it on here as it may come in useful for some of you.
So here it is:

"So, you believe that everything happened by chance? That nothing was the intelligent force that made everything. Yes.
Let’s say you were holding a nature study book. Filled with stack loads of information and all sorts of amazing photos of trees, and plants, and animals.
Now imagine that nothing was the intelligent force that made this book. That nothing produced the colour pictures in the book? That coloured ink fell from the sky and formed itself into the beautiful pictures? And then black ink fell too, forming itself into coherent words, and sentences and making sense? Page numbers fell as well, all in order, and then it bound itself and formed itself into a book.
Obviously, this is ludicrous. Intelligence was needed to design and make the book. It couldn’t just happen by accident – Would you agree? Well, yes. Someone had to make the book.
We all have our own book. It’s our DNA. Scientists call DNA the instruction book for life. It is like a massive biological code book. If those instructions, were laid out end for end, they would go to the sun and back several times. So, this information book is massive.
Every living thing has DNA, which makes the nature book just seem feeble compared to the infinite intelligence that made DNA.
The fact that there is intelligent information in this DNA book tells us there must be an intelligent designer. Intelligent information can’t just happen by itself. Just like the nature book can’t just happen by itself.
So, my question is, what do you think of the mentality of someone who believes a book fell together without a book maker?"

Atheist Delusion 3:15-9:28

I like Ray's work, especially his genuine concern for souls.

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟80,829.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. His love for God and the lost is evident.
Too many believers say they love the Lord but then they live their lives and never share the Gospel. If they do, it will be on the rarest of occasion.
Those who love Him will keep his commands and he commanded us to share the Gospel to as many people as possible.
So, people on here, start warning others. If you do not know how, start learning.
Faith without works is dead. If you truly believe in God, and that He will judge everyone, and that some will go to heaven and many will go to hell, then you would want to tell as many as possible. Those that do not truly believe will not warn others. If they are to believe and do not warn, then what kind of love is that?

Upvote 0