Prov: Laziness brings Slavery, Poverty and Disgrace

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
LAZINESS BRINGS SLAVERY, POVERTY AND DISGRACE

Pr 6:6-11 Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man.

Notice here that just like ants, the diligent don't need much in terms of leadership or oversight. They don't need bosses or managers to push them along. And the diligent take initiative.

Pr 12:24 Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in slave labor.

Among the many causes of one's enslavement to the job, one of them is laziness. If you want to free yourself from oversight, it helps to show yourself to be diligent in your work. In fact the diligent themselves are often called upon to lead and manage others. Furthermore:

Pr 10:4,5 Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.

Pr 20:4 A sluggard does not plow in season; so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing.

Pr 24:30-34 I went past the field of the sluggard, past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgment; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins. I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw: A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man

Thus among the many causes of poverty - one of them is just plain laziness. So if you end up poor, don't let it be for that reason.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Reactions: Lazarus Short

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LAZINESS BRINGS SLAVERY, POVERTY AND DISGRACE

Pr 6:6-11 Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man.

Notice here that just like ants, the diligent don't need much in terms of leadership or oversight. They don't need bosses or managers to push them along. And the diligent take initiative.

Pr 12:24 Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in slave labor.

Among the many causes of one's enslavement to the job, one of them is laziness. If you want to free yourself from oversight, it helps to show yourself to be diligent in your work. In fact the diligent themselves are often called upon to lead and manage others. Furthermore:

Pr 10:4,5 Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.

Pr 20:4 A sluggard does not plow in season; so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing.

Pr 24:30-34 I went past the field of the sluggard, past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgment; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins. I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw: A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man

Thus among the many causes of poverty - one of them is just plain laziness. So if you end up poor, don't let it be for that reason.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Any other news?

Upvote 0