Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Protests across the country seem to be declining rapidly. Perhaps the very measured police response has effectively taken the wind out of the sails of the radical elements that use confrontations with the police to fuel their passions and justify further mayhem. Even the leaders of CHOP are calling for an end to the occupation of that area.

Seattle CHOP leaders urge protesters to go home, throw support behind Biden, Democrats

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is a time for dramatic protests, and then there is a time to go home and do the hard work of reforming our society. We had the protests; now it's time to do our homework.

Not so easy. Our society is a collection of various actions and attitudes that aren't likely to change very much. I like the way one lady put it talking about her cancer. "You don't fight it. You live with it. You own it. It's part of who you are."

We all make small changes in our lives as the need arises. Large changes, not so much.

The question of course is, now that the protests are winding down, which side is going to be proactive and which is going to be reactive.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question of course is, now that the protests are winding down, which side is going to be proactive and which is going to be reactive.
If I thought of my marriage that way it would have been over long ago.
Why not get together and figure it out being proactive together?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If I thought of my marriage that way it would have been over long ago.
Why not get together and figure it out being proactive together?

I have suggested meeting at the 'bargaining table' to do just that. That's the only place that a meaningful 'conversation' will take place, imo.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have suggested meeting at the 'bargaining table' to do just that. That's the only place that a meaningful 'conversation' will take place, imo.
Agree.
Everyone that is affected by the decisions made should have a place at those round table discussions.

• Agree
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Agree.
Everyone that is affected by the decisions made should have a place at those round table discussions.

And the first order of business should be to define the problems before solutions are offered. As well the "table stakes" should be high enough that everyone is serious.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the first order of business should be to define the problems before solutions are offered. As well the "table stakes" should be high enough that everyone is serious.
Agree.

• Agree
Upvote 0