Protest against Breivik's Message of Hate

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Breivik, the terrorist who killed 77 people last summer stated that Lillebjørn Nielsen - a Norwegian artist - was a marxist who brainwashes the young. His songs are sung in kindergardens and schools across the country, in particular one song was mentioned; "Children of the Rainbow"

In response thousands gathered. In Oslo alone 40 000 gathered to sing the song Breivik hates, a Norwegian version of Pete Seeger's "My Rainbow Race."

40.000 sings "Children Of The Rainbow" in Oslo - YouTube

The chorus read

“A sky full of stars, blue sea as far as you can see
An earth where flowers grow, can you wish for more?
Together shall we live, every sister, brother
Young children of the rainbow, in a fertile land"

Norway Fights Against Mass Killer Breivik By Singing 'Children of the Rainbow'

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Good for them. That guy doesn't seem to be one to be relied upon for credible ideas.

His ideology and his deeds are evil to the core. Thing is, a somewhat easily affected friend of mine went to the courthouse and heard him speak. The trial is open you see.

Sadly, Breivik has deluded himself rather well, and he speaks confidently and calmly so more easily... Convinced members of society such as my friend listened and later expressed the thought "this sounds convincing, his ideas appear sound even if his deeds are evil". But no, it just scratches the back of paranoid people who like to slap simple labels on everything.

However, if one checks, sits down and thinks they - his arguments - are not too difficult to expose for the vile bile they are. In my experience, people seldom think very far though. So... I wonder how many if any he has convinced. I hope none, but I fear some who are already leaning in an extreme right direction may be swayed somewhat.

Anyway... I like the response society has come up with.

Upvote 0