Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ok, my housemate and me were wlaking home from a friends house and something was following us and when we got in the hosue it was still there. we prayed and feel more peaceful but were still quite freaked. im not really sure what it is as ive not experienced this before but we think it came from our friends house as he is sharing with non christians. we would be grateful for prayers and advice as we are quite confused. thankyou.

Victorian Rose

The Lord is my Strength
Feb 19, 2004
Iowa
✟24,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
if it is a demon or evil spirit, bind it in the name of Jesus and cast it out. Then bind it and cast it out of your friend's home too. You probably chased it away when you prayed. There is nothing to fear or be freaked about because you have power over them through Christ. Remember He that is in you is greater than he that is in the world. If you continue to have problems with this spirit, call on your church family to come and help you cast it out. My mom and I had many problems with demons when we were first saved. They had complete run of the house before and for a long time tried to come back in. The first few times it took us awhile to get them to leave because of our fear. The more we dealt with them the less we feared them. Now all I have to do is look at them (yes I see them) and tell them to leave in the name of Jesus and they are gone.

Reactions: shout2thelord
Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Apply the blood, demons can't stand the blood! becos it reminds them of their defeat! The blood is also for your protection, becos the blood speak of forgiveness becos the punishment for sin was already paid by God's Son.

You can take Holy Communion, for when you do so, you proclaim the death and resurrection of the Lord. You proclaim the victory of Christ at the cross, and the defeat of the demons at the cross!

Upvote 0

9-iron

Football Fan
Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
E

enoch son

Let's slow these horse down alittle folk's. Frist demons do not walk around they need a host. (see Jesus casting into the pig's) It can be human or animal. See any host?
When I was in mexcio i would walk and pray through the street and set in the main park downtown. It would take about 20 min for a host of demon's in people to show up and sit around me a about 15 yards away ( they would call me a dead man in english see 2 cor. 2-14-16). Even the police would walk around us. I could not cast them out because if the host doesn't get in the blood of Jesus the demons come back with 7 more and are even stronger the next time.
I ask God about it and He said they know the anionting (see Ezekiel 28-14) and they wanted to get as close to it as possible. In a way that set me free cas God told me I was anionted. So seek wisdom in these matter. And rebuke confusing it is not of God.

Reactions: shout2thelord
Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One day the pastor of a church realizes he left his Bible in the car. So he slips out while everyone is praying and worshipping to get it. On his way down the steps he sees the devil sitting on the side wall and approaches him.

"What's wrong satan?" the pastor inquires.

"It's terrible!", cries the devil, "Those saints in there are lying! I haven't done half the things they're blaming me for!!!"

*Courtesy of JesusServant*

Here we go again....being so obsessed with the powers of darkness. Don't take this the wrong way, but could it be that they were just your "feelings"? Nothing more and nothing less.

If we truly understood and believed the word of God, there's nothing "additional" that we need to do that hasn't already been addressed, covered, completed or accomplished by the work of the cross. There's no incantation or magic spell that we need to make up to ward off evil.

What does the word of God say? What has Jesus said and done? We need to confess that on a regular basis as part of our daily lifestyle, and not just when something 'bad' or 'wierd' happens.

The devil's been dealt with. I find it amusing sometimes that some Christians claim to be sensitive to demons and demonic activity all the time and are somewhat proud of that fact, rather than focusing on the presence of God and the Holy Spirit. I personally do not care about devils and demons around me when I know that Jesus and his presence is within me and around me. This is not arrogance, ignorance, or naivety, but based and grounded in what God's word says...... 'nothing shall by any means hurt me.' End of argument.

Let's mature and have a God-centered theology and not a devil-centered one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Here we go again....being so obsessed with the powers of darkness. Don't take this the wrong way, but could it be that they were just your "feelings"? Nothing more and nothing less.

Understnd your concerns. but such things do happen. it happened to my own sister. i was in Israel when she SMSed me abt the problem. My sis is not charismatic, is not interested in demons (or angels), just your typical, traditional Christian who had not been attending church even for some time.

What happened was that she began to sleep in a room in her home that used to be occupied by her Buddhist mother-in-law. Her mother-in-law used to chant buddhist scriptures in there, and had a cupboard full of Chinese idols.

So, soon after she started seeing this black shadowy figure in her mind. According to her, the face was horrific looking too. It was in her dreams, she said she felt a presence, and that presence went with her everywhere she went, even at her work place, she would see it. It was like the thing was always in front of her.

Of course, she was very afraid, confused and very stressed out by the whole episode. This has never happened to my sis before. And it certainly isnt just her feelings.

I shared with her about the authority of the believer, faith, the power of the blood, taking Holy Communion, praying in tongues etc. -- doctrines that seemed alien to her traditional upbringing. So it was kind of difficult for her becos when the rubber met the road, she didnt know what to do or what she could do. All she knew was to call her Pastor to 'bless' the place -- didnt work.

So, I believe this thread does serve a good purpose of informing the believe what 'weapons' are at his disposal should he or she encounter such a scenario, perhaps not in his or her own life but in the life of say a loved one. :)

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Well, speaking of demons, I was just informed tonight that my daughter saw a black, deformed shaped human like being with a deformed face, on all fours that lept behind the garbagge can . . she took her dad over to see what it was, and there was nothing there . .

She has never said anything like this before . . and was totally serious . .

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
thanks and yes i presume its a demon - its never happened before. both myself and my housemate at first saw something following us and we thought were just being paranoid but neither of us said anything. it felt as though it was on our shoulders and at one point came past us.
they talk about gifts of the spirit at church but never this sort of stuff so we just prayed we knew to turn to God but we didnt know specifically what we should do.
but by this point it was like 2.30am so we went to bed but we felt more peaceful after we prayed and today its definately not here.
thanks for your advice :)

Upvote 0

He put me back together

Official Hog washer
Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
✟4,092.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I would still like to hear a discription. I think we're jumping the gun here. "Something followed us." doesn't qualify for bemoaning demonic activity, or anything else. WHAT REALLY HAPPENED? None of us can say anything about this, until more details are given. Not every light in the sky is a ufo, and not every "something" that follows you at night is a hoodoo. What are the details of this "thing?" Where was it staying when you got back to the house? How close to you was it when you were walking home? What did it look like? Since you saw it, that means it must have looked like something. Was it behind you, ahead of you, or around? Details. "Something" could be a dog, a man, a giraffe, anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
He put me back together said:
I would still like to hear a discription. I think we're jumping the gun here. "Something followed us." doesn't qualify for bemoaning demonic activity, or anything else. WHAT REALLY HAPPENED? None of us can say anything about this, until more details are given. Not every light in the sky is a ufo, and not every "something" that follows you at night is a hoodoo. What are the details of this "thing?" Where was it staying when you got back to the house? How close to you was it when you were walking home? What did it look like? Since you saw it, that means it must have looked like something. Was it behind you, ahead of you, or around? Details. "Something" could be a dog, a man, a giraffe, anything.
The problem is, no matter what is said, if one does not want to believe it, they will find a reason to discount it .

I gave a clear discription of what my daughter saw . . i could give you descriptions of what I have seen and experienced in the past . . but it would not do anything to help you.

I believe that we must not be looking for demons under every rock, bush or tree, and I believe that people can get unnaturally fixated on them, to the detrimate of their spiritual health. Our focus is to be on Christ, not the enemy.

But that does not mean that we discount their presence altogether. There is a healthy balance.

If we do have an encounter, many times we see absolutely nothing . .but we sense something . .but we have to be careful here because we can be sensing something when it is nothing at all . . Sometimes we may see a fleeting shadow out of the corner of our eye when there should be nothing at all . . sometimes we might actually see something if God opens our spiritual eyes to see them.

The enemy wants to instill fear . . but perfect love casts out all fear. This is why we are to keep our focus on God . .

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
thanks great post

i think thats the problem people become obsessed or deny their existence.

It was just unlike anything i had experienced for a long time i used to have pictures and dreams that i new were not from God and i prayed and it was sorted but at the same time u need advice in situations without people being pedantic.

Upvote 0

He put me back together

Official Hog washer
Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
✟4,092.00
Faith
Pentecostal
thereselittleflower said:
The problem is, no matter what is said, if one does not want to believe it, they will find a reason to discount it .

I gave a clear discription of what my daughter saw . . i could give you descriptions of what I have seen and experienced in the past . . but it would not do anything to help you.

I believe that we must not be looking for demons under every rock, bush or tree, and I believe that people can get unnaturally fixated on them, to the detrimate of their spiritual health. Our focus is to be on Christ, not the enemy.

But that does not mean that we discount their presence altogether. There is a healthy balance.

If we do have an encounter, many times we see absolutely nothing . .but we sense something . .but we have to be careful here because we can be sensing something when it is nothing at all . . Sometimes we may see a fleeting shadow out of the corner of our eye when there should be nothing at all . . sometimes we might actually see something if God opens our spiritual eyes to see them.

The enemy wants to instill fear . . but perfect love casts out all fear. This is why we are to keep our focus on God . .

Peace in Him!
No, the problem is, we WANT to believe that spooks are what goes bump in the night, because it gives us a fun, creepy feeling...Sortof for the same reason that teens want to start reading Revelation before they read the Gospels. But demons are not spooks. Demons are serious combatants, in a SPIRITUAL WAR, NOT PHYSICAL ONE...they're not animals that go ranting and raving in the middle of the night. Cats and dogs go bump in the night. Sometimes, deer, bears, and opossums do that. Demons do not. That is a waste of their time. They're not here to dig in garbage cans and play hide and seek--they are here to destroy us. They are here to tempt us, baffle us, perplex us, confuse us, and, if possible, dominate us. If they had the power to leap around garbage cans, they would enter our homes and inflict physical harm on us. My problem with this thread is that before shout gave us ANY details of what actually happened to her, most of us are swearing up and down that what she saw was a demon. No cause for such a claim.

Neither is there cause for you to believe that your daughter saw a demon. Children tell wild tales, and they're serious about them. They see things. It happens. But that much is your business...back to the subject at hand.

Do demons enjoy our fear? Yes, most certainly, and they will instill it if they can. But can they take form and go dancing around the place? If they could, why would they have any need for legion, or swine? If a demon is going to scare you in such a way, he's going to TRICK YOU! Not take some weird half-animal form and go sneaking around the place like an idiot on TV. Demons are intelligent. They aren't sprites from Greek mythology.

If God gives you a vision, ask him what it means. If a DEMON is tormenting you with images of things following you around, you should pray for yourself--not the nonbelievers across the street. We need to stop fighting shadows and ghosts. We need to stop wasting our time worrying about goblins and little green men that come into our house at night and breathe heavily--this is just a distraction to get our minds off of the REAL war that is raging. Do you want to know where the demons are? They're in your pulpits. They're sitting in your pews. They're visiting your house in BROAD DAYLIGHT. And when your hair is standing on end in the middle of the night, they're not out there in your yard, panting and running about. No, they're laying in the bed beside you, whispering in your ear, telling you lies about what they are...trying to convince you that they are not the smiling faces that greet you at church (as they are in truth), but rather, they are ranting monsters outside, ugly and shadowy, running from tree to tree.

It's ok for hollywood to believe that demons are hideous things with wings. Children of God should know better. Children of God NEED to know better. They our out for us more than anyone, and if we do not cast our SUPERSTITIONS aside and pick up the REAL word of truth, we will be defenseless against them. You want to know where they are? Look to things that DON'T scare you.

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hpmbt, well said.

There are too many believers who have found Christ for salvation but the dominion still rests in the hand of satan. It seems that they see demons everywhere, or are so demon-conscious rather than God-conscious.

The truth is, we do not need to concern ourselves with the devil. Who cares about the devil; God doesn’t. God dealt with the whole issue of the devil on the cross, and that was the end of that. He didn’t then rush around saying now what can I do to keep the devil away from the saints; it says He sat down at the right hand of the Father expecting His enemies to become His footstool. God has no problem with the devil and neither should we. And we have got to stop in the body of Christ of being so obsessed with the powers of darkness. The Bible says give no foothold to the devil. And far too often we are more afraid of what the devil can do against us, than what God has, and is, and will do for us.

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it, our business in the Kingdom of God is not devil-bashing, it’s kingdom-building. So we’ve got to get a God-centred theology not a devil-centred theology.

For clarity, yes there are demons, and satan is real. I'm not dismissing that at all. But for those that seem to always see demons everywhere, when you do by happenstance stumble over one.....umm, where and what's God doing at the time? What's the Holy Spirit that's within you doing? Do you feel or sense his presence or just the demon's presence?

My advice? Cut down on your movies and TV watching. And maybe no spicy foods before bedtime. Instead get into the Word, confess the Word, and meditate on the Word. Get to know and understand God's heart and purpose, and before you know it....bling, bling, bling,....demons aren't a bother.

Upvote 0

shout2thelord

Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
really i think you need to stop being so pedantic - this is genreally a good way push new beleivers away from christianity. i wasnt paranoid and i dont have a tv in the house - so i dont watch tv. only movies at friends houses and as much as i dont think everything is a demon im not stupid enough to deny the fact the exist or to treat anyone with fears like their not a good enough christian.

As christians i think its about time that we learnt to build each other up instead of always pulling each other down!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.