Newaygo, Michigan
✟8,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have gone to 4 different churches in my search, and 3 of them have padded kneel things I have had no problem with any of these. Now this past Sunday I had to kneel at service on the hard wooden floor, and I guess there was prostrating too, but I was lucky to actually sit after I got down on just one knee and the pain in my back was so bad, for the rest of the service I was able to sit and bow my head instead of kneeling or prostrating.
I am heavy yes very over weight now and I do not get down on my knees if at all possible since I was told I have bursitis in my knees back about 7 years ago. I was in the ER on Monday morning since I could no longer walk, seems that I hurt my sciatic nerve or a disk whatever - was suggested that I not kneel or try to prostrate again at church. Is this a big deal in church :pray: God knows what is going on with my body of flesh which is not the same as my spirit/soul body whats in my heart.

Daniel Hoseini

Sep 1, 2021
North-Brabant
✟43,201.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Here is my video about prostrating to God in an old Christian way. Prostration is particularly practiced in the Eastern Orthodox Christian tradition. In this way we worship God facing His icon, cross or east, the symbolic direction from which we expect the second coming of Jesus. The prostration is usually combined with saying a short prayer and making the sign of the cross (the sign of the cross in the Byzantine tradition is made slightly differently than in the Roman tradition). Constantly falling down and standing up in this way is in fact an intensive work on the heart, prayer is then much more intensive / effective, as well as gaining humility and deep devotion to God, according to my experience.
I also tried to pray lying on my stomach, but still felt or saw the passions (my old fallen Adam) active in my heart or subconscious mind. Whereas if prostrating you are mortifying your passions (even if you never get completely free from them).
So you can make hundreds or even a few thousand prostrations per day, it is also good for weight loss (if you have a lot of perseverance).
Consider worshiping God in this way and may God be with you!

• Informative
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0