• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Prostatitis, Sex, Aging Men

edk

Mar 3, 2018
Pacific
✟15,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A VERY big subject, and yes, Christian men get prostatitis too (saved or not!). Prostatitis, sometimes generally called BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia), is a natural (hah) enlarging of the prostate as men age. The onset can begin when one is younger, but most problems begin after 40, urination issues, pain, stress, etc. For the Christian man this health issue brings up particularly difficult challenges. Most urologists recommend frequent [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] to retard swelling and inflammation. But.....suppose you are single? Suppose your wife has no libido? Suppose you are only partially successful about restraining from sexual fantasies (looking at another woman in lust)? You know, the usual Christian guy's struggle to defeat his own biology and/or unlearning habits you've been told are sinful. As far as this one particular male condition goes, prostatitis make being a Christian man 100 times worse. Welcome to the accursed world of men's health. What's your experience with this condition?

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I actually hope I have BPH, but my doctor suspects prostate cancer instead :( My PSA score is up around 55 and has steadily increased for the last 10 years. I will not submit to biopsies, nor will I take the medications offered due to the negative side effects like enlarged breasts. Even if cancer is confirmed, I will not do chemo either. I'm 63. If it is cancer, it is slow growing. I suspect I can live for another 20 years without treating it. If the Almighty chooses not to heal me, but takes me home in that way, so be it. Am I wrong to think this way?

Upvote 0

edk

Mar 3, 2018
Pacific
✟15,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I actually hope I have BPH, but my doctor suspects prostate cancer instead :( My PSA score is up around 55 and has steadily increased for the last 10 years. I will not submit to biopsies, nor will I take the medications offered due to the negative side effects like enlarged breasts. Even if cancer is confirmed, I will not do chemo either. I'm 63. If it is cancer, it is slow growing. I suspect I can live for another 20 years without treating it. If the Almighty chooses not to heal me, but takes me home in that way, so be it. Am I wrong to think this way?

I agree with you 100%. Thru the years I've used Dr. Mirkin (drmirkin.com) as my main medical educator. He is brilliant and says the same as you. He does advocate aggressive, long-term antibiotics treatment, which most doctors these days refuse to prescribe (never use Cipro either!). A PSA can be high and not be PC, but you know that. Billy Graham had PC for many years and it did not kill him. The key is being able to pee and not have your kidneys damaged, or have to wear a bag. Search 'prostate' or 'prostatitis' on Dr. Mirkin's website and gain a wealth of information. BTW, my golfing buddy had his PSA at 80 and had a biopsy with no PC, although he did suddenly get serious sepsis from urine backing up. I highly recommend Tamsulosin (Flomax). Best to you.

Reactions: gadar perets
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have had prostatitis for about 10 years. I was on FloMax and now am on Rapiflo. It has shrunk the prostate enough that I have so far avoided surgery.

Both of those drugs inhibit sperm production.

Upvote 0