W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I mention the story of the widows mite and i get accused of concentrating on money. The same thing with the Lords command not to store wealth on earth. I get accused of concentrating on money. However its not me who is concentrating on money, it the Lord who is doing that in these stories. When you accuse me you accuse the Lord. Its His word, not mine.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mention the story of the widows mite and i get accused of concentrating on money. The same thing with the Lords command not to store wealth on earth. I get accused of concentrating on money. However its not me who is concentrating on money, it the Lord who is doing that in these stories. When you accuse me you accuse the Lord. Its His word, not mine.
It is not your fault that you see money and the use of money and mansions in many of the gospel stories.......for it is what you are able to see at this time.

But can we allow those, that would, to see passed earthly possessions and and discover more.......even life.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is not your fault that you see money and the use of money and mansions in many of the gospel stories.......for it is what you are able to see at this time.

But can we allow those, that would, to see passed earthly possessions and and discover more.......even life.
You are twisting the Lords word. To say Jesus doesnt preach about earthly wealth is wrong!. Im simple reiterating what He already said. Get over it, stop muddying the waters with your false accusations.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able."
Is this meant to twist scripture further? Jesus talks about money often, you cannot bear that message it seems.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are twisting the Lords word. To say Jesus doesnt preach about earthly wealth is wrong!. Im simple reiterating what He already said. Get over it, stop muddying the waters with your false accusations.
In my statement, I did not quote scripture....nor did I ever say the money isnt discussed in scripture. You will see that you are willing and able to see.....

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this meant to twist scripture further? Jesus talks about money often, you cannot bear that message it seems.
In this post, I only quoted scripture without adding or changing any words......how then can it be twisted?

It seems you may be a little emotional this morning.....I'll advise again that our dialogue be suspended....as it has run its coarse.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In my statement, I did not quote scripture....nor did I ever say the money isnt discussed in scripture. You will see that you are willing and able to see.....
I do see. I see rich men in scripture giving huge amounts of money and i see the poor old lady who gave one coin that was worth more to God than the rich mans offering.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In this post, I only quoted scripture without adding or changing any words......how then can it be twisted?

It seems you may be a little emotional this morning.....I'll advise again that our dialogue be suspended....as it has run its coarse.
Im not emotional, im just getting tired of you twisting the scriptures that i posted. And twisting my words as well.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Couldn't that be said as well of let's say traditional type of Christian ministry which demands or insists upon tithes and spends the money on physical material things like a roof, carpets pews, and the list can go on and on?

You dont like what i say so you call me a judge, but now yoiu are the one judging.

Perhaps but you have these standards you put forth wanting to make light of what's called "Prosperity Preachers" but are you sure you're not guilty of the same things although you might be blind to it? You've talked about PP stealing money from the gospel. Would you call great material structures called churches the gospel? Do you speak out against that or are you rather picking and choosing. I'm not saying you're totally wrong but if you're going to hold to those standards you may need to expand your horizons in seeing how many ways things can apply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you write one of them and ask them
or better yet go see them face to face and ask them.
Well, many of them, such as Rev Ike and Fred price, say that they believed God with a Rolls Royce kind of faith, and most of their followers believed with a Pinto kind of faith, hence why they are wealthy and the remainder not so much!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Couldn't that be said as well of let's say traditional type of Christian ministry which demands or insists upon tithes and spends the money on physical material things like a roof, carpets pews, and the list can go on and on?
Jesus Himself went to the synogauge in Jerusalem and even taught there.

The only time Jesus got upset about the synagogue was when they were in there selling doves to release as a supplemental prayer ritual and making money off the people.

Read Nehemiah and how he went to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem and brought other Israelites back to Jerusalem to assist in rebuilding God’s house.

Then tell me from OT or NT Bible text anywhere where we are not to give of either money, workmanship or time to keep the house of God in repair.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Perhaps but you have these standards you put forth wanting to make light of what's called "Prosperity Preachers" but are you sure you're not guilty of the same things although you might be blind to it? You've talked about PP stealing money from the gospel. Would you call great material structures called churches the gospel? Do you speak out against that or are you rather picking and choosing. I'm not saying you're totally wrong but if you're going to hold to those standards you may need to expand your horizons in seeing how many ways things can apply.
No i wouldn't call a structure the gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus Himself went to the synogauge in Jerusalem and even taught there.

The only time Jesus got upset about the synagogue was when they were in there selling doves to release as a supplemental prayer ritual and making money off the people.

Read Nehemiah and how he went to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem and brought other Israelites back to Jerusalem to assist in rebuilding God’s house.

Then tell me from OT or NT Bible text anywhere where we are not to give of either money, workmanship or time to keep the house of God in repair.

Well first of all what you and your gathering of believers do with our money is up to you. You are the stewards of your money and not I.

Theologically however YES in the OT or old covenant times God instructed that a physical temple be built. There was a reason for it for it was to reflect the idea of what goes on in heaven with the High Priest (Jesus) coming before God. That was the purpose for the earthly temple with the slaying of animals to cover men's sins.

That whole thing however has been swept away now with Christ our High Priest in Heaven, and the curtain of the earthly holy of hollies was torn from top to bottom. God doesn't recognize physical structures on the earth as his temple in current times but rather that we are the temple, that is the people are the temple of God.

"....you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." 1 Pt 2: 5

So men may buy or construct psychical buildings but do we see in the Book of Acts they are instructed to do so? I think what we really see is money going to help the poor, resources to yes support ministers to be in the ministry and much can be said about that where there should be balance. But I don't see even the logic of using money to build big buildings.

I sometimes wonder how many people's lives would have been blessed that instead of building colossal structures costing millions if the money coming in could have helped people more by helping pay poor people's medical bills, heating bills even helping them get educated with a trade. As for where does one preach, well I know someone who did pretty good preaching on hilltops, lake shores, fields and who knows....maybe we can do so today?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well first of all what you and your gathering of believers do with our money is up to you. You are the stewards of your money and not I.

Theologically however YES in the OT or old covenant times God instructed that a physical temple be built. There was a reason for it for it was to reflect the idea of what goes on in heaven with the High Priest (Jesus) coming before God. That was the purpose for the earthly temple with the slaying of animals to cover men's sins.

That whole thing however has been swept away now with Christ our High Priest in Heaven, and the curtain of the earthly holy of hollies was torn from top to bottom. God doesn't recognize physical structures on the earth as his temple in current times but rather that we are the temple, that is the people are the temple of God.

"....you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." 1 Pt 2: 5

So men may buy or construct psychical buildings but do we see in the Book of Acts they are instructed to do so? I think what we really see is money going to help the poor, resources to yes support ministers to be in the ministry and much can be said about that where there should be balance. But I don't see even the logic of using money to build big buildings.

I sometimes wonder how many people's lives would have been blessed that instead of building colossal structures costing millions if the money coming in could have helped people more by helping pay poor people's medical bills, heating bills even helping them get educated with a trade. As for where does one preach, well I know someone who did pretty good preaching on hilltops, lake shores, fields and who knows....maybe we can do so today?
The fact is that we don’t see places of worship much in the early church because most towns were not that populated, transportation was not like it is now, and there want enough money to support it.

I don’t see your point as being a point.

People back then were financially suppressed. Over taxed and didn’t have much extra.

If you think wealth is having a place of worship with a roof than let’s not even continue this discussion because obviously you think God having any physical church is a waste for His people to worship Him.

Start a new thread please.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Right. As long as Satan has us looking at earthly things we are not prioritizing the things of the Spirit.

The things of the Spirit is the progression faith past “self” and moving on to the things of God.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0