Prosperity gospel, the wrong motivation?

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is the Lords command. Note also that both Paul and God are testings others.

Exodus 16:4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a day’s portion every day, that I may test them, whether or not they will walk in My instruction.

2 Corinthians 8:6 This is [l]what the Lord has commanded, ‘Gather of it every man [m]as much as he should eat; you shall take [n]an omer apiece according to the number of persons each of you has in his tent.’

8:8 I am not speaking this as a command, but as proving through the earnestness of others the sincerity of your love also.

Your second one is miss-referenced, it is Exodus and referring to the manna from heaven. I actually preached on that scripture 2 weeks ago.

But, let's try this another way. What you are saying is impossible. If this is the test for every single believer we have all failed, including you. It is not possible to have every single person equal financially. And it is especially not possible for an individual to live up to. One person can't make the world financially equal, they can't even make their neighborhood equal. So, now God is commanding us to do something we cannot in order to prove our love? Doesn't sound like God to me.

What you are saying is akin to stating that in order to have faith everyone must take their son up a mountain, build an altar, and attempt to sacrifice him. It isn't possible for many, many reasons. But the lesson of being willing to give up everything for God and having faith that He will provide can apply to everyone.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First, its not about the world, only the church. Secondly, its not possible for everyone to be rich either

It is equally impossible for the church given its size.

But it is possible for everyone to be prosperous by the biblical definition (not the worldly definition). That's why I dislike people using the label "prosperity" in a negative way. That word/idea belongs to God, not people that abuse it. We shouldn't let them redefine it. Call it "love of money" Gospel, or "love of money" preachers. That would be more appropriate, although I admit it doesn't have the same ring to it.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I was successfully able to name it and claim it.......blab it and grab it.....Are you telling me that I should stop, even if I use what I've blabbed and grabbed tho help others?
If we could name it and claim it, why doesnt the church in scripture do this? They helped each other instead

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we could name it and claim it, why doesnt the church in scripture do this? They helped each other instead
Those who are strong bare the infirmity of the weak. Those who know how to blab and grab, do so for those who do not yet know how to. It is still helping other....Only that I know exactly where my help comes from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Those who are strong bare the infirmity of the weak. Those who know his to blab and grab, do so for those who do not yet know how to. It is still helping other....Only that I know exactly where my help comes from.
If thats true, why do prosperity preachers need our money? Cant they just name and claim it? Why take from the poor when you can just name it and claim it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If thats true, why do prosperity preachers need our money? Cant they just name and claim it? Why take from the poor when you can just name it and claim it?
It has to come from somewhere......maybe they named and claimed a big church and followers......
If the poor, as you call them, choose to give, who are we to tell them then are wrong for giving. As long as they are not being forced, I see no fault in it.

Maybe we can name and claim something better if we stop looking at what others are naming and claiming.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It has to come from somewhere......maybe they named and claimed a big church and followers......
If the poor, as you call them, choose to give, who are we to tell them then are wrong for giving. As long as they are not being forced, I see no fault in it.

Maybe we can name and claim something better if we stop looking at what others are naming and claiming.
So i name it and a poor person will give it to me?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So i name it and a poor person will give it to me?
If you know how to ask, it will come the fastest, best way possible.

Those who try and restrict avenues of reception most likely will not receive anything.

And just because you judge someone poor by viewing their outward appearances, doesn't mean that they are truly poor nor that they think themselves poor. Not everyone desires a lot of money, so it is unwise to call one, who has all they desire to have, poor. Nay, they are rich.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you know how to ask, it will come the fastest, best way possible.

Those who try and restrict avenues of reception most likely will not receive anything.

And just because you judge someone poor by viewing their outward appearances, doesn't mean that they are truly poor nor that they think themselves poor. Not everyone desires a lot of money, so it is unwise to call one, who has all they desire to have, poor. Nay, they are rich.
If name it and claim it worked, the preachers who teach it wouldn't need to ask for money. Do i name it and then ask people for it? No thats not what they teach. That would be name it and beg it theology

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If i name it and claim it worked, the preachers who teach it wouldn't need to ask for money. Do i name it and then ask people for it? No thats not what they teach.
Do you see the houses they live in and cars they drive and jets they fly? Do you really believe they need to ask for more money?

You can name and claim without asking others for money.....unless you are told to ask.

Are you enquiring because you desire to learn how to ask God for things......or do you only wish to point out what others are doing wrong.

Electricity can do harm and it can do good.......unwise to convince others it is bad because there are a few who died using it.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why is it that prosperity preachers dont teach us to give out of love rather than material gain? Why is our motivation for giving so that we may receive material blessing rather than for sharing love with others? Is love not our motivation in these churches?
The basic teaching of the p[prosperity churches seems to be that God is a good God, and that he desires to have all of us get to a faith level where we can demand of God anything we wish, and He is obligated to provide that for us!

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If i name it and claim it worked, the preachers who teach it wouldn't need to ask for money. Do i name it and then ask people for it? No thats not what they teach. That would be name it and beg it theology
It works ONLY for the leaders and teachers of that heresy, as they keep on milking the funds from duped and deceived people under them!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you see the houses they live in and cars they drive and jets they fly? Do you really believe they need to ask for more money?

You can name and claim without asking others for money.....unless you are told to ask.

Are you enquiring because you desire to learn how to ask God for things......or do you only wish to point out what others are doing wrong.

Electricity can do harm and it can do good.......unwise to convince others it is bad because there are a few who died using it.......
They get that money by selling books and they dont use it to support their ministry. They instead name it and beg it from people.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
They get that money by selling books and they dont use it to support their ministry. They instead name it and beg it from people.
Their reward will be their kingdom they built up for themselves here on earth!

Upvote 0