May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Not true. Like a say this is typical of what I see. At least in CA. .They don't want non violent offenders wasting time in prison beds. Not enough room. I'm guessing Chicago has the same problem with lack of prison beds.

So, what you're saying is that if one ever wanted to commit 16 non-violent felonies in Chicago, now is the time?

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, what you're saying is that if one ever wanted to commit 16 non-violent felonies in Chicago, now is the time?
Pretty much. I could commit non violent crime and get a fine and community service.But my morals are to high.

Upvote 0

jkjk

초능력을 쓴다
Sep 28, 2018
Mombasa
✟27,043.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's odd that so many people do not accept justice, rather they have a lynch mob mentality. When a group of people already decided someone is guilty even after the prosecutor drops the charges, they aren't interested in justice, they want vengeance. It's clear they made the right decision.
It's clear they made a calculated decision. Since no one has seen the now sealed evidence, it is impossible to say if they made the right decision.

And where is this lynch mob seeking to exact vengeance on Jussie Smollett? I think most people probably already forgot about this.. Edit: Well the case is back in the news, so if anyone forgot about it, they just got reminded...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It's clear they made a calculated decision. Since no one has seen the now sealed evidence, it is impossible to say if they made the right decision.

And where is this lynch mob seeking to exact vengeance on Jussie Smollett? I think most people probably already forgot about this.
The lynch mob is apparent with the amount of threads and coverage of this case while simultaneously questioning all hate crimes as hoaxes (a rare occurrence). But the prosecutor can say anything. She could say cucumbers taste better pickled, but the lack of charges means she needs to stop attacking the innocence of this man.

Upvote 0

jkjk

초능력을 쓴다
Sep 28, 2018
Mombasa
✟27,043.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The lynch mob is apparent with the amount of threads and coverage of this case while simultaneously questioning all hate crimes as hoaxes (a rare occurrence). But the prosecutor can say anything. She could say cucumbers taste better pickled, but the lack of charges means she needs to stop attacking the innocence of this man.
You mean he. She recused herself. Also, he didn’t attack Smollett’s innocence. Characterizing his statement (that the evidence does not exonerate Smollett) as an attack is an exaggeration. He was also very careful to say that the case was resolved with the correct disposition.

Was it the correct disposition? Again, now that the case is sealed, none of us will ever know.
Edit: Apparently the case may be unsealed, and there is talk about FBI reviewing the dismissal, as well as a city lawsuit against Smollett to recoup costs. So I guess we should all just buckle up...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pretty much. I could commit non violent crime and get a fine and community service.But my morals are to high.

Here is what is highly unusual in this case and almost all experienced attorneys i have seen quotes from agree; the prosecuter had a strong enough case and evidence to go through the effort of taking it to a grand jury and getting indictments on 16 charges. 3 to 4 weeks later, all charges are dropped, which almost never happens.

Also, if you want to give probation etc, because it was a first offender and non violent crime, that is fine, but in the plea deal, the guy would plead guilty as part of the agreement. The deal he got, wipes it all away, like it never happened.

When something this unusual happens, it is pretty smelly and likely means, there were some forces in play, that the average citizen would not have and would be treated differently.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here is what is highly unusual in this case and almost all experienced attorneys i have seen quotes from agree; the prosecuter had a strong enough case and evidence to go through the effort of taking it to a grand jury and getting indictments on 16 charges. 3 to 4 weeks later, all charges are dropped, which almost never happens.

Also, if you want to give probation etc, because it was a first offender and non violent crime, that is fine, but in the plea deal, the guy would plead guilty as part of the agreement. The deal he got, wipes it all away, like it never happened.

When something this unusual happens, it is pretty smelly and likely means, there were some forces in play, that the average citizen would not have and would be treated differently.
Actully in CA. It's nothing or no contest . No probation on somethings. Also the fake ID didn't get reported to the DMV. And since the fine was paid and community service was done in my family members case. He has a clean record. In the Smollets case. He was trying to play hard , grand jury. Over charging. Then plea deal. This stuff happens all the time. In .CA, the news said, they were going to start releasing non violent crinmals.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actully in CA. It's nothing or no contest . No probation on somethings. Also the fake ID didn't get reported to the DMV. And since the fine was paid and community service was done in my family members case. He has a clean record. In the Smollets case. He was trying to play hard , grand jury. Over charging. Then plea deal. This stuff happens all the time. In .CA, the news said, they were going to start releasing non violent crinmals.

Well, according to a whole slew of attorneys with experience in these matters, what happened in this situation, almost never happens. I would tend to go with those who have direct experience in these matters.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,307.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The issue is that there is a clear public interest in prosecuting this case. Faking a crime, with the fake race hate added is not a minor offence, and given the publicity unless there was something seriously flawed in what in all appearance was a slam dunk case should have proceeded to trial or a proper plea deal.

It smells.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, according to a whole slew of attorneys with experience in these matters, what happened in this situation, almost never happens. I would tend to go with those who have direct experience in these matters.
I agree. Usually nobody goes out there way to what Smollets did. Or what my family member did. I'm sure they would say the same thing for child rapist. They don't get 6 months for raping a child. But some do. So , This just doesn't surprise me at all. At least he was caught lying before someone spent nine years in jail. For a violent attack. If that happened, the statute of limitations could be gone. If he wasn't famous nobody would pay so much attention.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's odd that so many people do not accept justice

What justice? He hasn't been acquitted...and as far as I can tell, he can still face charges.

rather they have a lynch mob mentality

Lol what lynch mob? I'm not going to protest anyone if they decide to hire him. He's not a Starbuck's barista after all....he's just a poor, underpaid actor lol.

When a group of people already decided someone is guilty even after the prosecutor drops the charges

Well there is a lot of evidence for his guilt...including both physical evidence and the confessions of the guys who faked the attack.

, they aren't interested in justice

I'm interested in justice...I think he should be charged...perhaps by a different prosecutor.

It's clear they made the right decision.

Who?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The lynch mob is apparent with the amount of threads and coverage of this case while simultaneously questioning all hate crimes as hoaxes (a rare occurrence).

Discussing the news doesn't = lynch mob.

Waiting for evidence of a hate crime before believing in accusations doesn't = all hate crimes are hoaxes.

But the prosecutor can say anything. She could say cucumbers taste better pickled, but the lack of charges means she needs to stop attacking the innocence of this man.

Nah...it's not like he's been cleared of a crime. He wasn't acquitted...the charges were dropped. Prosecutors can say whatever they want.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Discussing the news doesn't = lynch mob.

Waiting for evidence of a hate crime before believing in accusations doesn't = all hate crimes are hoaxes.

Nah...it's not like he's been cleared of a crime. He wasn't acquitted...the charges were dropped. Prosecutors can say whatever they want.

Dont you love the hyperbole and misrepresentation of the facts, to suit a personal ideology?

Watching stuff like this, is why i find this site so entertaining.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is interesting is despite all of the negative attention and judgment, the "evidence", and the commentary that has come out, Jussie remained with his story. He even plead "not guilty".

Very interesting.
And many of his friends and co-workers still believe the incident against Jussie happened and want to blame the Chicago PD for covering it up, or tampering with evidence, or.... as long as the narrative is Jussie is innocent and is the victim here.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
And many of his friends and co-workers still believe the incident against Jussie happened and want to blame the Chicago PD for covering it up, or tampering with evidence, or.... as long as the narrative is Jussie is innocent and is the victim here.

That is because they are his friends and coworkers; their prejudice is a bit more valid than a layperson. That isn't interesting; that is psychology.

Jussie isn't the first, or 1000th to allegedly make a false racist claim. At least no one died over it; where is this vigor when it happens to laypersons? Where is this vehem and vigor when a rich person that doesn't look like Jussie does it to us?

Priorities are messed up; Jussie has a net worth of $2 Million; he isn't rich. He is being made the pasty for ALL fraud because he is an image that people are ready to hate on all sides.

Besides, Chicago is a MOB city; the city is mad about their recent police expose and their HISTORICAL profile of treatment of people. Memories are failing...

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This such a shame, the man is exonerated and they won't let him sleep. You know who needs to pay? The city of Chicago and its violent police force attacking citizens.
This is such a shame, that you continue to mischaracterize it as an "exoneration". And then throw in a completely unrelated bashing of Chicago police.

Upvote 0