Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Has money and checks the intersectional boxes? Saw this coming from a mile away. I had a ray of hope that justice would be served, but obviously in the real world it rarely is.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I thought he should have got 6 months .But is it more important, than a child rapist or this guy to get 6 months.?

A child rapist should get life, at a minimum IMO.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
There's one court and outcome for the common man, and another for the rich and famous. If I staged such an attack against myself and lied to the police about it, I would see a very different outcome.

Jussie isn't the first, or 1000th in America to use his influence to circumvent the rule of law. This is all assuming he actually was guilty of staging the crime, and that he actually brokered a deal behind closed doors. If anything, it shows you how ridiculous Chicago prosecution is; this shouldn't be a surprise for a Mob city.

If you staged such an attack, of course you would be prosecuted. If we are to make an example of Jussie for this allegation of circumventing the law to get off, then we would be ridiculously late, and myopic. Again, why is any of this a surprise?

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the way to look at it is that something distasteful has gone on, one way or the other, but establishing who and what beyond all reasonable doubt has proved impossible.

I guarantee you that wont stop the usual pre-judgments.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Correct.

When the lead prosecutor says they still think he likely created this hoax, that is a long way from an exoneration.

What is interesting is despite all of the negative attention and judgment, the "evidence", and the commentary that has come out, Jussie remained with his story. He even plead "not guilty".

Very interesting.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is interesting is despite all of the negative attention and judgment, the "evidence", and the commentary that has come out, Jussie remained with his story. He even plead "not guilty".

Very interesting.

Not unusual. He appears quite the narcissist to me and they would rather stick needles in their eyes, than admit wrong doing.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It's odd that so many people do not accept justice, rather they have a lynch mob mentality. When a group of people already decided someone is guilty even after the prosecutor drops the charges, they aren't interested in justice, they want vengeance. It's clear they made the right decision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I doesn't appear, justice was done in this case.

Now, as I said before, this dude was not exonerated, as the prosecutor indicates in this quote:

After news of Smollett's dropped charges, First Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Magats told the press that he still believes Smollett filed a false police report and that prosecutors in the case "stand behind the investigation and the facts ... this was not an exoneration."

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
the-poe-is.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Very interesting.
The judge always has you plead not guilty. Then the next time . They give you a plan. If you accept it . That's it. Unless it murder or robbery . Then it no contest .I would have more respect for him, if he told the he lied and made a huge mistake.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Not unusual. He appears quite the narcissist to me and they would rather stick needles in their eyes, than admit wrong doing.

At first glance, of course. However, the amount of holes, the slips of composure of the CPD, and the prosecution alone make Jussie's reluctance to take a deal, for example (something that is often pushed on people who look like him - rich or not) a bit intriguing.

This is especially true given how he looks, and the prejudices that came with that and the shock and awe of his alleged crimes.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
The judge always has you plead not guilty. Then the next time . They give you a plan. If you accept it . That's it. Unless it murder or robbery . Then it no contest .I would have more respect for him, if he told the he lied and made a huge mistake.

Oh, most certainly not for people that look like Jussie. But he has connections and money - plus he has support. Lie or not, he can stand firm in his plea. Most laypersons don't have the luxury of being strong in their plea given the hours of interrogation and intimidation that come with the first 48 hours, for example.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, most certainly not for people that look like Jussie. But he has connections and money - plus he has support. Lie or not, he can stand firm in his plea. Most laypersons don't have the luxury of being strong in their plea given the hours of interrogation and intimidation that come with the first 48 hours, for example.
Not true. Like a say this is typical of what I see. At least in CA. .They don't want non violent offenders wasting time in prison beds. Not enough room. I'm guessing Chicago has the same problem with lack of prison beds.

Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0