Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any Prophets here please help me, at a church I was attending, a woman known as a prophetess was talking to me. I was alarmed by what she said, she said God told her about me, but she was not allowed to tell me what he said! Then she said I wasn't ready! I was concerned because I wanted to know why I wasn't ready, but didn't want to try and make the prophetess give out any information, thereby causing her to sin against the Lords command! I have constantly have trouble with this because not being ready like say the five virgins means I don't get into the wedding with the groom. I think Iam walking with God, and in fact my wife and I have faced many battles for the Lord. And have been subject to many persecutions any many lies and false accusations against us! I am not completely troubled because that church has fallen into trouble, with leaders leaving, financial dept and fighting in the ranks. So this prophetess didn't seem to call the warnings of these events, it still bothers me a bit, because of the seriousness of the accusation, so if it pleases the Lord, would he permit a prophet here to verify the situation. I don't put men before God, and if anything I have trust issues with all mankind, which I find actually goes in my favor, that I don't make Idols out of men! Any help appreciated- thankyou.

• Prayers
Reactions: Emli

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟101,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any Prophets here please help me, at a church I was attending, a woman known as a prophetess was talking to me. I was alarmed by what she said, she said God told her about me, but she was not allowed to tell me what he said! Then she said I wasn't ready! I was concerned because I wanted to know why I wasn't ready, but didn't want to try and make the prophetess give out any information, thereby causing her to sin against the Lords command! I have constantly have trouble with this because not being ready like say the five virgins means I don't get into the wedding with the groom. I think Iam walking with God, and in fact my wife and I have faced many battles for the Lord. And have been subject to many persecutions any many lies and false accusations against us! I am not completely troubled because that church has fallen into trouble, with leaders leaving, financial dept and fighting in the ranks. So this prophetess didn't seem to call the warnings of these events, it still bothers me a bit, because of the seriousness of the accusation, so if it pleases the Lord, would he permit a prophet here to verify the situation. I don't put men before God, and if anything I have trust issues with all mankind, which I find actually goes in my favor, that I don't make Idols out of men! Any help appreciated- thankyou.
Ask God about it. Honestly, I would not pay any attention to this woman. If God wants you to know something, He will tell you Himself. Why would God, who indwells you, need someone else to tell you something and then have that person tease you? For her to say you aren't ready is just drawing attention to herself and trying to control you. For all you know the "spirit" talking to her may not even be the Lord. There is an unholy spirit as well. I would not pay any attention to her and would seriously consider moving on from that church if she is an example of the teaching going on there. Besides, with the problems you say the church is experiencing, it may just be time to go. The Lord is where you are and will go with you wherever you and your wife end up.

Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thank you kindly for that, we actually did already leave, trouble is now one of the troublesome leaders has started coming to our new church, whom caused a lot of grief for my wife and I. Don't want to talk to the minister about it for the mere fact of looking like we are problematic people who cause trouble where ever we go!

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟101,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thank you kindly for that, we actually did already leave, trouble is now one of the troublesome leaders has started coming to our new church, whom caused a lot of grief for my wife and I. Don't want to talk to the minister about it for the mere fact of looking like we are problematic people who cause trouble where ever we go!
You are welcome. Well, try to stay clear of the "minister" if you can. If he doesn't start stirring up trouble with you but starts becoming a pain with others, they will see them for who they are and you won't need to say anything. No need to start gossiping or anything or be accused of doing so. However, there may come a time when you need to stand up to this person for the sake of your own well-being and for that of your wife. Paul confronted Peter when he acted a hypocrite (Galatians 2). There is no shame and it is not "un-Christian" to stand up for yourself. I admire your desire to be peaceful in the spirit of 1 Thessalonians 4:11, just don't be afraid to stand your ground if need be. Praying for all involved.

Reactions: Emli and davp
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the flip side (regarding the OP, if true), ask God to show you the "next steps" that you are ready for. It is conceivable that God would give a member of the five-fold ministry some more of the "big picture" before the rest of the body.

If she can advise you from her insight, let her. But if she can't, consider it an interesting point and go on from there.

Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are welcome. Well, try to stay clear of the "minister" if you can..
Thanks again, the leader isn't a minister, she has decided to start coming to our new church, and I suspect she is deliberately trying to make life difficult for us! I just need a place of rest for a time, so as to regain strength, its been un-ending trouble for us and even my nerves are frayed. Frustrating the fact that this woman leader has no conscience about how we feel or our needs, even a murderer in the old law had a city of refuge to run to!

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟101,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks again, the leader isn't a minister, she has decided to start coming to our new church, and I suspect she is deliberately trying to make life difficult for us! I just need a place of rest for a time, so as to regain strength, its been un-ending trouble for us and even my nerves are frayed. Frustrating the fact that this woman leader has no conscience about how we feel or our needs, even a murderer in the old law had a city of refuge to run to!
I understand. It's okay to take some time off from your church as well. I know that is blasphemous to some, but if you're not comfortable at church, I'd pull back. Maybe a concerned brother or sister in Christ will reach out to you and some restoration can start.

Reactions: davp
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Hand of the Lord will be heavy upon you (Ezekiel 3:22; 37:1) and will apprehend or restrain you, and you'll have an irresistible urge or fire within you to do God's will (Jeremiah 20:9) that you can't bottle up. You can't sleep, eat, walk or talk unless you submit yourselves to the Lord and His will. If you're feeling this way in the Holy Spirit, then go right ahead and do God's will. Don't worry about others, not everyone has the gift of prophesy. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If she can advise you from her insight, let her. But if she can't, consider it an interesting point and go on from there.

thankyou, the prophetess in question we no longer have any contact as we now go to a different church and denomination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Do you believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and Son of God, sir? .... If yes, then as far as I am concerned you should take that woman's comments with a grain of salt. In present day I really do not understand how or why God would prophetically tell someone else entirely that you aren't a true believer (or whatever she means by "not ready"), just for her to pass on the message to you (AND by elusive in any way about what exactly He said, no less), instead of the Spirit drawing you Himself. In a matter as important as your own salvation and belief, I fail to see why you would be given the information second-hand by a fellow mortal human being who is a sinner like any of the rest of us.

I consider myself no prophet, mind you (at best I took a test concerning spiritual gifts from God once back in my college days - as part of a Christian student organization - whose results determined that if I had any particular spiritual gift at all, it would most likely be that of Prophecy); just reasonably sensible. :)

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I can say with absolute certainty that the prophecy did not come from God. Why? Because it was there to confuse you and hurt you, not to bring you closer to the Lord. She was either speaking from her own mind or from an unclean spirit.

If God would give a prophecy to someone for someone else, he or she would immediately be allowed to speak it (or keep it entirely to themselves, not mention it at all). They wouldn't be allowed to "tease" you like someone else said. The gifts are there to edify the Church and the brethren, and help bring us closer to God. This sounds like nothing but an accusation.

So ignore the word and ignore the woman.

Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Hand of the Lord will be heavy upon you (Ezekiel 3:22; 37:1) and will apprehend or restrain you, and you'll have an irresistible urge or fire within you to do God's will (Jeremiah 20:9) that you can't bottle up. You can't sleep, eat, walk or talk unless you submit yourselves to the Lord and His will. If you're feeling this way in the Holy Spirit, then go right ahead and do God's will. Don't worry about others, not everyone has the gift of prophesy. Peace in Christ :).

I have certainly been like you describe, its hard for me to fit in, in churches because my strong stance against injustices in a church, but when I speak up, I am ignored and ostracized and treated as an out cast! So I leave the church only to find out it dies or is punned back to a small congregation that never grows. This has been a constant repeated theme where ever I go. But I seem to never help stop the inevitable, and its really sad! To make it worse, I get even more reactive when I see a church not following the word of God, each time, I witness God pull down that church! I have got to the put I am struggling even with communion and won't partake of it because this is not the way Jesus and the disciples celebrated it, it was pass-over, the bibles clear on this, and pass-over was what Jesus represented, but most churches use leaven bread (sin) as the body of Christ, strangely it actually symbolizes the state of the churches today! Even their use of grape juice instead of wine, justifying that its because of alcoholics, but didn't they have alcoholics in Jesus's time? Do we know better than him, then why do we change everything, its disturbing! But the more I go about I just want to shut up, because everyone just reads me as a trouble maker, especially after witnessing so many church splits over power struggles, corruption and fighting over doctrine! So I try to shut up, but that fire stirs with in me, and if I stay quiet , I feel guilt of not warning them. Thought of perhaps trying to start a church fresh, having it stay true to the Lords command- If you love me, you will obey what I command. But I don't have the gift of preaching, neither do I have the physical strength after being run over by a car and blood clots to the lungs after knee surgery. Not to mention the on going panic attacks that drain my adrenaline and sap all strength from my body! I don't know what use I am to the Lord!

• Informative
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have certainly been like you describe, its hard for me to fit in, in churches because my strong stance against injustices in a church, but when I speak up, I am ignored and ostracized and treated as an out cast! So I leave the church only to find out it dies or is punned back to a small congregation that never grows. This has been a constant repeated theme where ever I go. But I seem to never help stop the inevitable, and its really sad! To make it worse, I get even more reactive when I see a church not following the word of God, each time, I witness God pull down that church! I have got to the put I am struggling even with communion and won't partake of it because this is not the way Jesus and the disciples celebrated it, it was pass-over, the bibles clear on this, and pass-over was what Jesus represented, but most churches use leaven bread (sin) as the body of Christ, strangely it actually symbolizes the state of the churches today! Even their use of grape juice instead of wine, justifying that its because of alcoholics, but didn't they have alcoholics in Jesus's time? Do we know better than him, then why do we change everything, its disturbing! But the more I go about I just want to shut up, because everyone just reads me as a trouble maker, especially after witnessing so many church splits over power struggles, corruption and fighting over doctrine! So I try to shut up, but that fire stirs with in me, and if I stay quiet , I feel guilt of not warning them. Thought of perhaps trying to start a church fresh, having it stay true to the Lords command- If you love me, you will obey what I command. But I don't have the gift of preaching, neither do I have the physical strength after being run over by a car and blood clots to the lungs after knee surgery. Not to mention the on going panic attacks that drain my adrenaline and sap all strength from my body! I don't know what use I am to the Lord!
Start your own small group, brother :).

Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IThey wouldn't be allowed to "tease" you like someone else said. The gifts are there to edify the Church and the brethren, and help bring us closer to God. This sounds like nothing but an accusation.
So ignore the word and ignore the woman.

Thankyou, yes I thought it strange that she mentioned that from the Lord, after he told her not to say anything!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thankyou, yes I thought it strange that she mentioned that from the Lord, after he told her not to say anything!
Yes, it is strange, but it seems very common.

I've been told something like that from a false prophetess too. It's like they won't tell you unless you obey them and listen to them. Then they give you false teachings etc. It's power play. "If you don't listen to me, I won't tell you what God said about you"

It's like what fortune tellers do, when they tell someone they have something, but they will have to pay money. Scam artists do it too with investment advice and such.

But God doesn't play games, and He reveals His will freely to all of us, without holding back, and He is not a respecter of persons.

Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is strange, but it seems very common.

I've been told something like that from a false prophetess too. It's like they won't tell you unless you obey them and listen to them. Then they give you false teachings etc. It's power play. "If you don't listen to me, I won't tell you what God said about you"

Ha, yes the false prophets, also false teachers and to also the money changers and merchants, nothing has changed.

• Agree
Upvote 0

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand. It's okay to take some time off from your church as well. I know that is blasphemous to some, but if you're not comfortable at church, I'd pull back. Maybe a concerned brother or sister in Christ will reach out to you and some restoration can start.

Its a shocker, when my wife and I left a church, no-one follows up to find out why, worse we had a friend ask a pastor if they followed us up. They lied to our friend and said yes!

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You keep flipping those tables! This is obviously your calling.

BUT, it's not working well. You obviously want them to listen, and not have God pull down the churches. And God definitely wants that too.

So if I were you, I would spend a lot of time alone with God, and ask Him to teach you how to not just correct the churches, but to really get their attention by reaching their hearts and minds, and how to really serve them in Christ. Then study the Bible for this purpose. It's all about following God's Word, as it is written, and not as we would like it to be written (which is rebellion).

Don't worry about your circumstances, God will make a way that will work for you, and He will lead you every step of the way if you let Him. And He will give you the words to speak.

Just some advice. Take it or leave it!

Upvote 0